Q&A Article With Amy Allan From The Dead Files TV Show

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
971 posts

The Dead Files tv show is one of my favorites. Although I have to admit that the episodes can be a little disturbing at times. But they are at the same time fascinating and there are some teachable moments in each episode. For those who watch the show, you know Amy Allan as the show's investigative medium. She is very talented. The link below is from a Q&A session that she did with a small media outlet back in 2014. And in the Q&As she answers questions on a lot of topics that have popped up here at the EC over the past several months. So even if you don't watch the show, I think you'll find it interesting. One question she answered that I found particularly interesting was how ill she has become from doing the work that she does (something many of us experience at one time or another). I hope all of you enjoy this as much as I did. Please feel free to comment or start related discussions.

https://parayournormal.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/amy-allan-of-the-dead-files-is-extraordinary/

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,388 posts

Thanks for this article. What channel is The Dead Files on? I have never seen or heard of it, so I think it must be on a station I do not get.

The thing that struck me most is something I've thought for awhile now, and that is that it is the intention that makes a room clear of spirits, not sage, or incense, or chants....those are just ways of concentrating our intentions better, and will not be needed once we have confidence in our abilities. I think it will prove to be the same with medicines. Once we realize how powerful we are, we won't need to believe in pills, just in ourselves. I think that is a very advanced lesson.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
971 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I agree. In fact I've seen that first hand with my empath son. He tried using protection stones and a few crystals to help him cope with empath anxiety at school a couple years back. But he had a bad attitude about it and admitted to not really believing that they would help. So I had to have a talk with him about attitude and intentions. I told him when you tell yourself something is impossible or that something probably won't work, then you block it from the start and it won't work. But when you have a positive attitude and put a positive intention or belief in something, the magic starts to come alive. He calmed down, changed his attitude, and has since had very positive experiences with his crystals and protection stones.

The Dead Files show is on The Travel Channel. Depending on your TV provider, its usually grouped in with the History and Discovery chanels. If you don't subscribe to that channel, you can also find episodes to watch online and on their app here:

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/the-dead-files

Aside from Amy's point about intentions, I do usually notice that she recommends salt, saging, and selenite during many episodes as a way for people keep their ghosts at bay. And quite often she recommends that a group of mediums or shamans come in to these troubled homes to clear and remove ghosts and all sorts of strange things.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,388 posts

Thanks. I do not get that channel, since we have antenna TV plus Roku, Netflix and Prime. I will check it out online. I recently put pink Himalayan salt in my candle bowl near my bed, since the darn stuff is so huge I cannot use it in food. I wonder if I could run it through the cuisinart to break it into smaller pieces, lol. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
971 posts

They do offer the show on Prime and Hulu, but I think you have to pay extra to watch it. But it looks like the website lets you watch quite a few episodes.

I love Himalayanin salt in my food just as much as I like to bathe in it. Normally it is not good to add a lot of salt to your food. But the Himalayan salt has so many other minerals and nutrients that it is actually very healthy (in moderation of course). And I swear as an empath it plays a part in keeping me stable.

You may want to try a salt grinder or a meat tenderizer hammer if you have one (to break up large pieces). I've been buying this 5 pound bag of fine Himalayan salt for $15. It lasts me at least 2+ years. And that's with my darned kids over-using it all of the time.Laugh

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVJI7KI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,388 posts

Thanks, I already have enough to last more than two years since we don't use much, but the size is huge. I may try the cuisinart, since I don't have the other two items you mention, having been vegetarian until recently. No disopsable income means no purchases of rarely used items and I have only used that tiny cuisinart once in two decades, so may as well put it to use, lol. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
one month ago
162 posts

@hop-daddy- You tend to find the best articles. Amy to me is a superstar. This was a good read on many levels. I get what she has to go through to communicate with spirits that are not exactly beneficial. Whatever they may be. I also am amazed that she chose to go to war zone to help others. That is some extreme conditioning! 

My wife had an encounter with our neighbor the night she died. She came to her to ask forgiveness before she moved on. They had issues they didn't resolve. I knew her well, because I talked with her about all the terrible things that happened in her life, which was story after story of extreme tragedy. She shared that with me and we cried a lot. I was glad to know that she had moved on and gave my wife some peace and was able to reconcile before she left. 

My experience with spirits hasn't been so nice. I don't want to connect with them because of the horrible emotions they give off at times. Amy can and is willing to make that connection. That is awesome. I love her for it. My concern is much more for the living than the dead. I just want them to go away. It takes a physical toll on her to deal with the emotions and do this work. I've never been in a war zone, although I can imagine what it's like for an empath to be surrounded by misery. She is one tough woman. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
971 posts

@zacharias:

I'm glad you like some of the blogs and articles that I post. Amy is definitely awesome.

I'm noticing in my travels and discussions with others that some of us empaths are more wired to see/hear/sense entities than others. As you illustrated in your example, your neighbor needed to reconcile with your wife before she moved on. And then once that happened you probably didn't see her again. The vast majority of people at death do move on and cross over. Those that don't and stay as ghosts tend to be confused, regretful, guilty, afraid of the light and judgement. They tend to be very unstable emotionally and can be quite negative in interactions with the living. The Dead Files show really focuses on those troubled ghosts. I know from your prior posts that you've had your share of run ins with some negative unseen things (as have I). I think that once you have the skills to see or sense them, that it's hard not to have run-ins with ghosts or negative entities from time to time. But as of today, I'm in full agreement. I'd much rather help the living.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,388 posts

@hop-daddy,

Thanks for the suggestion... I got out my cuisinart, which I had not used in ages, and noted it has a grind setting that I'd never used, so I decided to risk it and it worked great. I now have enough pink Himalayan sea salt to last a couple of years. I wonder about the phrase  "Himalayan sea salt" though. Last time I looked the Himalayas were nowhere near a sea. Maybe long, long ago. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
971 posts

@cheshire-cat:

Glad to hear that worked for you. And yes, the Himalayan salt comes from the foothills of Pakistan. I don't believe it is anywhere near the sea. Sea salt is also useful for cooking and for rituals. But I find it the most expensive type of salt. Himalayan salt is a little cheaper and packed with a lot more nutrients and minerals than most salts. And then could old Morton's rock salt is very inexpensive and works well. When I do salt baths I normally use about a cup of rock salt with a good sprinkling of Himalayan salt.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book