Possession or incidental slipping of the mask?

Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
5 months ago
100 posts

Hello folks

Recently I had this really strange incident with a person I know well:

We had  been  littlehaving a argument and were on the verge of reconciling, when the other person turned her head in a sudden way and looked me right in the eyes with a real weird look in the eyes that made me think "wow, that person is completely insane". 

I interpreted it like that:  said person often tries to turn an argument into making me look as if I just had been joking and this looking at me directly in an inquisitive way is part of the tactics (but it never was that scary!)

Now I talked to a friend of mine about it, who asked immediately, if there had been a sudden death in the family. My friends theory was, thar there might have been a third one, ie an entity taking control for a few seconds.

In the room the whole thing happened, I had a scary incident not too long ago with something lurking there around.

How can I tell if it was a possession or rather a slip of the mask revealing the true self?

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
Hi...my own experience with that tells me that a lot of people are under the influence of spirit and yes, sometimes me. There's really nothing you can do about that. Just some examples....my parents house has a spirit in if that seems to be a negative sort and will sometimes use my mother to bug me. My mother doesn't believe in that stuff so this being has found the perfect person to hide behind. My mother's eyes are brown but when this spirit was with her her eyes turned pure black...and at one point I saw it leave her, she on the other hand didn't notice ANYTHING, and she became s nicer person when it left her
I know it's there now so it cant really do much other than make my mother say stupid stuff.
There was another incident where I was driving my bus and this couple came to my bus arguing. The woman was trying to get away from the guy...she got on the bus but the guy took one look at me and suddenly he shifted and seemed to shrink. He changed and didn't get on the bus. But I also felt this spirit didnt like the spirits who come with me to work and left in fear.
I've had people tell me my face changes and I feel it does. I get a lot of double looks some days...lol.
There a lit going on and the spirits are present everywhere I go. Sometimes it can be disconcerting, but I don't feel afraid of it anymore. You get used to the strangeness of it after awhile.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,099 posts

@chrisis :

True possessions are reported to be rare. But what entities do is push people's buttons (whisper in their ear and disguise ideas and reactions as that person's own thought). This is particularly easy for them to do when humans are angry, sad, or depressed. Some people call this overshadowing where a person's personality is all of a sudden out of character in an emotional way. I have seen this often. Entities thrive on our negative human energy and conflict. And they know who you are as an emptah and will often be there to manipulate a situation to inflame an argument and line people up against an empath. In fact, a lot of empaths will claim to commonly have periods of bad luck when everything seems to be going wrong at once with relationships becoming volatile in addition to unusual bad luck. This happens so often that in my opinion it is not a coincidence.

The best advice when you see something like this happening is to shut down the conversation/conflict. Just tell your friend you need a break and should talk about this later. That way you circumvent the manipulation that is going on to target you.

updated by @hop-daddy: 03/12/20 01:53:12PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,099 posts

@womanwhowalks :

Thanks for sharing. I completely believe that this is going on. I've read a few books by psychic author Sylvia Browne and she says that an empath can eliminate 1000s of entities with our powers once we discover them. That would make sense why empaths often have a tough road in life because we are targets. Constant obstacles thrown in front of us to try to hold us down and distract us so that we can't grow in ability. It's an us versus them story, and the more entities can knock us down, the more their side wins. They also understand that empaths can get absolutely drowned by low emotional energy thrown at them by other people. So it makes perfect sense that they'll tweak other people to lash out at us and bring us down.

I think it's important to understand the dynamic of what's really going on. In recent years when I see what looks to be an entity set up of bad luck, or an unusually charged disagreement in the works, I step back and calm myself down. I basically opt out of the set up/trap.

I think we can all agree that for us to be at our healthiest and best we need to be at our natural high vibration. And they of course want to knock us down and sink our vibration to damage us and cause us to get stuck in periods of frustration, confusion, and depression (the low energy that they crave). When you notice the patterns of a set up and back away from it maintaining your positive vibration, you thereby thwart their planned attacks.

updated by @hop-daddy: 03/12/20 01:55:07PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
@hop-daddy...my problem is that I know what's going on and even though I KNOW I need to back away, I want to help the person who I know has an entity of a negative sort with them...lol...it takes all my own energy to NOT engage...my instinct is to protect those being used for bad. Its quite difficult to ignore. Especially one who is a narcessist. THOSE I want to tear apart. But I also know that there are entities who CAN help me and often do...both human souls and non human souls. But yes...the ones who cause me issues turn up from time to time using humans as a cover. It happens quite often..
Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
5 months ago
100 posts
I am quite astonished that nobody seems to consider the posibility that the change of expression couldbe an inadverted glimpse behind the mask, a look on the person hiding behind a narcisstic shell.
I think that might look quite similar to a taking over, as the person hiding inside has not a lot to do with the automatic shell doing the living. How would you make out the difference?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,099 posts

@womanwhowalks :

Great points. And it's honorable that you want to help people that seem to be going through an overshadowing episode. I see situations like the one you explained about your Mom where you can sense a change and sometimes even see the change happening (in your case the eye color changes). I've noticed that if I keep to myself during those times that the person will return to normal later (sometimes in minutes or as long as hours). I don't know if it works that way with your Mom or others. But it seems to me that negs give up pretty easily if I find a way to disengage so that they can't use people to tweak me. I will say narcs and sociopaths are a different matter. They seem to be most easily manipulated by negs, and cause the most damage to others.

@chrisis :

The great thing about narcs is that they are so obvious. There's no mask IMO. They are so full of themselves that they don't feel any need to hide it. But, I have seen narcs triggered for no reason. And when that happens I'm suspicious there is neg entity overshadowing going because I can feel the energy change and even a change in their expression or eyes. 

I will say that sociopaths and psychopaths are highly intelligent and do a very good job at hiding who they are. They definitely wear masks. Sociopaths in particular are like the old adage of a mafia boss who doesn't want to get their hands dirty. Sociopaths manipulate and use others to create chaos for their own advantage or pleasure. But, sociopaths can sense we empaths are different and that we can see and feel who they are. They do not like that. That dynamic gets very interesting in real life. In a lot of cases, they try to sabotage the reputation of the empath so that no one will believe the empath if they expose the sociopath.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
@chris...I think it's how you are wording your thoughts that is confusing me. We are energy, souls, inside and attached to a human body.even narcessits get to live a human life. The energy of a narcessist is quite different than mine and my own reactions to one always let's me know when I'm in the presence of one. Their soul energy is different
WE empaths are sensitive to energies as well as able to see the truth behind an individual's real agenda right to the soul level.The person you saw...as hop-daddy describes..
Overshadowing...you saw the face of a spirit co existing with the human body and soul. These are called spirit attachments. The son of a friend of mine has one. Quite large, human like but NOT human. It showed itself to me. My mom has one, non human. As do I. I have none human and human souls around me.
There are spirit who are also waiting to try and take over a human body. I had a woman fall on my bus and knock herself out, once. As I stood over her to check on her i 'saw' ,an entity 'falling' towards her quite fast. As I watched it just dove into her. It was so fast and took me by surprise.I didn't know what to do.
You are seeing the soul inside the human shell. I see it that way. Not as a narcessitic shell as you worded it. And a LOT of humans have spirit attachments and dont know about it.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
Another thing...the difference between a narcissistic spirit attatchment to human and a marcessostic soul/,being actually living a human life...the human will ALWAYS stay the same...will always be narcissistic. Whereas with a spirit attatchment there will be a change in the human host when the spirit is there and not there.
Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
5 months ago
33 posts

@Chrisis 

Yes seen the look your talking about. A Jehovah witness did it when I told him to leave and never knock my door again. I had bad experience with one when I was a kid. This one was all dressed smart and sweetness and light, then as he turned to leave the mask slipped and I saw his face change sort of like a look of hate mixed with disgust at being exposed I guess.

Never thought about the entities idea but makes sense. However some people hide their evil behind a mask of goodness as we all know. I think I agree us Empaths see through it kinda scary but also means they can't hide. I'm trying to stay away from things lurking around hun till I learn more.

Take care hugs Matthew 

Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
5 months ago
100 posts
Thank you @matthew-elsey . This describes it.
I never thought about the entity idea either - before now. There may be the 2 possibilities.

@womanwhowalks, @hop-daddy
You've had a lot of incidences there 😱 . Seems perhaps a theme also related to my "two souls in one body"-question.
About my wording, perhaps I need to explain a bit, what I wanted to say. As far as I learned until now, narcissists (and paychopaths and the like) are, and that is the whole point, not having a human experiece. Due to trauma in childhood they developed what is called a "narcissistic shell" behind which they hide because they cannot cope with life. They are really stuck in an infantile stage with lots of shame and anger. The shell is a fake - and they normally don't let you see behind it. You may sense a kind if dissonace, but they are very good at keeping up the mask - it is essential to them.
That is, what I thought I was seeing - until my friend uttered the possibility of a third entity.
As to narcissists all beeing full of themselves - well, covert narcs aren't. They seem in fact ti be very vulnerable and insecure - but the game is the same. They are much more difficult to deal with because it is not so obvious.
I really believe that as an empath we are easilly fooled: we do sense what is behind the mask: well it is a poor wretched and traumatized thing - and, especially with coverts, your helping instinct kicks in.

I hoped, there could be a kind of "test" to see, wether it is a possession or not. It would make a huge difference for me: I can't help the person if it has a narcissistc personallity disorder, but I hoped, I could perhaps do something about evil entities lurking around. I won't have that kind if thing in ny home 😠😤
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
I do understand what you are saying now...a person who is trying to look good, nice to you but underneath there's an ulterior motive, or just a feeling of wrongness that let's you know something is wrong and when you don't fall for it and turn them away they hate your guts for seeing through them to the truth and it shows momentarily on their faces. They got caught. They hate getting caught. There really isn't a test for that. You just have to be aware of the possibilities and learn to trust what you are seeing/sensing.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
Also, when you are aware of what's going on in the energy world it's much more difficult to be fooled by any kind of narcessist or anyone lying to you.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
I was at my parents house tonight for dinner. Sitting across from my mom. Talking with her she seemed ok. A few times, though , when I looked at her, her eyes were totally deep black. And GLARING at me. I got the sense this entity REALLY wanted to say something badly but couldn't find the in it needed to start in on me. Lol...I just looked back and smiled...
michelle
@michelle
5 months ago
266 posts
Hi @chrisis Been away for a while dealing with my son's attachment...the whole situation blows. If your friend has an attachment and presses buttons don't react. Even your desire to help will be used to drain your energy straight to 4th Density neg. entries via lower ones. You can help by shutting down the feeding of energy.

The possibility of a mask slipping would indicate a long term personality disorder which you should have seen before. Have you?

We are entering dark times and you, all of us here, will need to take very good care of ourselves....
psychologically and spiritually. I've been using Gurdjieff's 4th Way methods to watch and check my reactions.

People have many personalities which slip in and out of control; all the while they think they are one personality. Times are begining to squeeze people through fear and yes, in a sense, a mask may be slipping but it could be just one of their many personalities, those created out of trauma, childhood, life happenings taking over at the wheel of the self.

Expect more of this. The Organic Portals I have spoken of...about half the population...will be the ones most vulerable to entity attachment or even direct mental manipulation.They could be anyone, family, neighbor, co-worker. This is a time for us to be silient as things unfold. You will be internally directed where to help. Help as a friendly neighbor, checking on particularly vulernerable people such as tje elderly or disabled, there will be many places the gifts of the empath will be called to and for. Let that information come from your higher self and not your need to 'fix' anyone.

Love and Hugs
To You
And All 💖

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.
Wasto1993
Wasto1993
@wasto1993
3 months ago
1 posts

Yes It is paranormal things who believe or feel power of psychic. Sometime we see anyone or our attention to someone without any action because it is sign to happen with them good or bad.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,099 posts

I wanted to add that based on my experiences I think that the term possession is often thrown around really loosely. It would appear that during an actual possession, which is fairly rare, one has little to no recollection of what has happened during the possession. Their body and mind is fully taken over and their mind is put to sleep while something else takes full control. But what is very common in my experience is ghost & entity influence. They disguise messages in your head as your own mind voice. But if you pay attention to them they are always a knee jerk reaction to a situation with negative thoughts. And unfortunately as most of us are sensitives, they find it too easy to slip in our minds to evoke emotions in our own mind voice as angry, jealous, fearful etc... If you are able to take a step back when this happens and analyze this you will note that these reactions are out of character for you and are unusually negative.

I'll give you an example for reference that is similar to a personal experience. A man who is a sensitive goes to a dinner with his girlfriend. A friendly male waiter serves them. The girlfriend comments that that waiter reminds her of someone and seems like a nice guy. The man very quickly is jealous that his girlfriend would be so attracted to the waiter and seems suspicious and wonders if she can be trusted. He feels a lot of insecurity in the relationship at that moment and is very angry and becomes a hostile companion to his girlfriend. His behavior is out of characteristic for his normally calm and loving demeanor but also seems to be more of a trend in recent days. In an example like this the man would most likely not be able to understand how his emotions were hijacked. All he can remember is that his girlfriend was flirting with the waiter and trying to test him (which she did not do but in his compromised mind state he felt that was what was happening). In this situation a negative entity has basically influenced or tweaked a sensitive person with the aim to create jealousy (a low emotion) and cause friction and doubt in a relationship). And over time this could lead to much conflict and an eventual break up of the relationship. 

So what does the negative entity gain from causing low emotions and friction in this relationship? For one, they gain the loosh that comes from the release of human negative emotions. I can literally feel the release of energy when I am upset, jealous, angry, scared etc... The unseen live for these moments to capture this energy. But I think the bigger goal for negative entities that work against us is to foil our happiness. Think about it, why would they leave an empath alone to meet their soul mate and enjoy a happy existence that results in stronger and empowered empaths? Instead they manipulate and confuse the empaths mind so that they become a very difficuly romantic partner. And I think this is why we empaths have such a tough time having health relationships. I honestly think we are sought out and shadowed and influenced so in an effort to sabotage our relationships and lives at times. Most empaths I think would agree that they can't quite explain periods of their lives that seem to be plagued with really bad luck (a promising job that becomes a disaster, an exciting love partner that is a nightmare, a new house that is suddenly falling apart). I really don't think this is by chance.

In going back to your original post, when you see an acquantance of yours look and act differently as an act against you, you are often seeing them influenced by dark entities against you. It's like someone flipped a switch and they are not acting like themselves in your presence. I've seen this myself and with my empath kids and their relationships. Simply put, they are out there looking to manipulate and influence, and this happens. I'm not really sure which types of people are so easily taken over by influence like this. It certainly doesn't happen to everyone, but seems to come into play most with low vibrational people or low vibration situations (like a relationship in strife). Your situation seems to fit the mold. The advice is to live your best life and don't let these situations drag you down. You are always untouchable to them when you are high vibration happy and in a good place. Their aim is to drag you to lower vibration where they can entrap you and do their damage. That's why they often set you up for the fall. Understand the game at hand and don't let them score points this way, stay high vibration.

updated by @hop-daddy: 05/10/20 03:12:17AM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,457 posts

Teal Sawn has a good video on YouTube about Overlays, in case of interest. That is much more common than possession, as someone pointed out.

One type of rare entity not mentioned here is the Walk-In. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I thought a Walk-In would displace the entity already residing in the body, which would be allowed to go back to source, and that is what I wanted when I asked for one, but it appears they can coexist with the original entity and push that entity to act like a different person. I fear I may have one, and this is a case of "watch out what you wish for".

I also thought Walk-Ins had to know what they were getting into, but that also appears to not be true, unless this is an overlay instead. The Walk-In, if that is what it is, does not appear to know that the time period she has come into is not the one she was in the last time she lived on earth, and does not understand that the body she entered cannot begin to do what she wants it to do, and the result has been sheer torture for me. If anyone knows how to remove a Walk-In, please do post about it! Thanks. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,457 posts
Sorry, can't find the edit button. I meant to say Teal SWAN in the previous post.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,099 posts

@cheshire-cat :

I'm going to research that as I have never heard the term "walk-ins". But I have had several psychics warn me about hitching ghosts that hitch on to you when you happen upon their area. They seem to hitch on to one person for a while and the then jump off and hitch on to someone else who might be more interesting. I believe this is why empaths have to learn how to protect themselves spiritually because we are the more interesting energy target for attachments.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,457 posts

@Hop-Daddy,

The most noted expert on Walk-Ins was Ruth Montgomery. Sometimes a person can be weary of life, like I am. If a spirit wants to come to earth badly enough, it may be willing to take over that body, and the previous weary spirit can go home w/o the negative karma from suicide. It is said to be pretty rare for this to happen.

As you know, I have serious physical illness and limitations as a result on things I can do. This spirit is very old fashioned in her thinking, like a woman from the 1940's maybe, but at the same time she wants to do things and go places that are impossible for me. Her way of speaking and acting is different too, and it's freaking out my husband. She is not depressed at all, and he loves that part. The thing I was not prepared for is that I am still here at the same time and feel like she is "driving me". There are physical differences in blood tests as well, that fit with the changes I've experienced. 

I'm not sure if I can have a hitching ghost when I have hardly left home since this started, due to being in a high risk group for Covid-19. I've only been out of the house twice, both times just to get lab work done. I suppose it is possible though....

Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
3 months ago
100 posts

@hop-daddy

thank you for your insight, that was really helpful. I'm trying to stay in high vibration, but it seems increasingly difficult, while I'm around this person (which is my partner). I might to have to leave him for good. It's like we're living in different realms and he's trying to drag me into his all the time.

@cheshire-cat

this seems to fit to another post of mine two souls in one body 

Can't you make the other one go again? Can you communicate?

🙏 thank you all and stay strong during these "interesting times" - this too will pass 🙏

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,457 posts

@chrisis,

I will try to find that other post of yours, thanks!

She is not leaving, and is mostly controlling me. I would love to be able to do what she wishes. She even has me driving a little bit again, and I have not driven in 13 years. I have an appt. to see a hormone specialist to find out what can be done about my hormone levels suddenly going so far off normal when this problem started. I would assume it was a tumor, if I was not an empath. However, the whole thing started suddenly.....literally like turning a switch on. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 months ago
1,457 posts

@chrisis,

Thanks for the link. I posted on your old post too, about how much it helped. I got a lot out of reading it. I have thought that maybe the healthy, confident, assertive, ambitious person I used to be before my illness had somehow returned as if she had never been sick. Now I think that may be what is happening. This entity feels it can heal me and complete my mission, and I have been feeling much healthier since this started. However, what she has done to my hormones to achieve this puts me at great risk of some types of cancer, as well as broken bones. It is also causing severe lack, of sleep.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,099 posts

@chrisis :

Sorry to hear about your troubles and pending relation decisions. As I noted a few days ago, I've experienced very close relationships all of a sudden break apart for no good reason as if someone dropped a bomb in the room. That's where I think there may be neg involvement pushing people's buttons and causing an intense dislike or disagreement with someone where there wasn't trouble before. And as I said, this always seems to happen to empaths. I'd love to hear others comment on this if they've experience a good friend or S.O. inexplicably flip a switch and go from friend to enemy.

But if you are seeing a relationship fade, that may be a different issue (although always hard to tell). People do grow up and grow apart. Women are typically so much more mature and focused than men that I see this a lot where the man stops growing in the relationship and the two grow apart going in different directions. I don't know if that best describes your situation. But best of luck deciding what is best for you.

Want to reply? Login here

Help for Empaths

empath book