Thought I was awake but wasn't total black saw dark figure

Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
5 months ago
33 posts

Woke up 01:00 felt real fear turned light on took five minutes to calm down.

Dream description: woke up and turned on lamp wouldn't turn on, tried torch beside bed didn't turn on tried smartphone only very dim started to panic couldn't turn phone torch on. Went down stairs to check electric meter main trip been disabled opened front door pitch black. Turned shut door and was Confronted by black figure felt terror I asked' What do you want from me ?' Figure replied 'I don't want anything from you'

I woke up for real turned on light 01:00 as above. I had fallen asleep with citrine crystal on my forehead with a slight head ache and had felt dizzy bit woozy. Started dreaming again after a long break when I got my chihuahua puppies last Tuesday but this was a real nasty one. They are in the bedroom which has been silent for the last three years...pretty sure they are the trigger.

Any input greatly appreciated

Hugs Matthew

updated by @matthew: 04/20/20 07:57:26AM
Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
5 months ago
100 posts

Hello Matthew,

I don't know about the dark figure. But I've experienced a similar thing several times, where I thought I was awake and tried to put the light on, an it didn't work, so I stumbled out of the bedroom and tried to put the light on in the corridor an then I  panicked and woke up for good. I explained it like that (after a little reasearch): that I had left my body whilst sleeping and wandered around the room or the house and naturally in that state could not switch on the light. I now use it as a rc, when I can't switch the light on, I try not to panick and tell myself I'm still sleeping. Perhaps the dark figure was another person walking around without her body ? although in my dream I did not go as far as to check the electricity.

Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
5 months ago
33 posts

Thank you for the reply Chrisis.

Yes an out of body experience sounds like a accurate description. I suppose if I removed the emotion from the dream it's quite innocuous. Just meeting another person in the dark. If your out of your body walls are kind of irrelevant why wouldn't the person be in my house. In a way they helped me because when I bumped into them I woke up.

Still it wasn't particularly pleasant I hope it doesn't happen to you to often Chris. Thank you again for the input I shall be doing some research on OBE

Hugs Matthew

updated by @matthew: 03/03/20 04:14:42PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
1,077 posts
It's called lucid dreaming, or dream walking. You went somewhere in your sleep. I do it too.
Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
5 months ago
33 posts

Thank you for the input guys.

This has happened to me many many times over the years. It went away when I bought my dream catcher but I guess it's come back. Whenever it happens I feel like I'm awake and can see everything as if I'm awake. And then I start to panic. I did used to have a fear of the dark and it still catches me sometimes. So yes the fear was probably mine Mez.

I read a little on dream walking Karen and it certainly rings true I walked out the bedroom and downstairs to check the electric meter, it is a pre pay meter so can shut itself off, it all felt so real that I didn't know I was asleep until the shock of the other dream walker woke me up. 

Is there a way that you have learned to "Know" that you are dream walking?

Hugs Matthew 

Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
5 months ago
100 posts

Do you think OBE and lucid dreaming are the same thing?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,099 posts

@matthew-elsey :

I don't want to freak you out but thought I'd share my story as it is similar in many ways. More for reference for you. Many years ago I unknowingly was going through my empath awakening and was full of non-stop fear, anxiety, and depression. And one night I dreamt that a very ominious dark hooded creature was approaching my bed. I had this unexplained fear of this creature. I woke up and saw it with my own awake eyes and screamed and scared the hell out of my poor sleeping wife. The hooded creature disappeared in seconds. And I wrote if off as a bad dream.

But as the weeks progressed afterwards I became more down and depressed and felt completely drained as if a black cloud was following me around. I also started having a lot of paranormal things pop up and wasn't sleeping well. I started looking at mental illness options and spoke to a doctor about options. And then I accidentally & thankfully found this site, and figured out I was an empath being awakened and learned how all of this works including grounding and I gradually got my life back together. But I did end up having a very strong entity attachment that was causing all the trouble. And it wouldn't let me go easily. After quite a bit of grounding, meditating and use of protection stones, this entity left me abruptly one day by throwing things around my office (I'm not kidding). After recognizing that I was getting better after a meditation session one day several stationary things levitated off my office credenza and were thrown against a wall. And I could literally feel that black cloud going away seconds later. I'm pretty sure that's the day I beat it. And I have not had problems like that since.

Some empaths don't have to worry too much about being visited by unseen things. Or atleast they won't really be aware of them. While others like me have some mediumship abilities and are more apt to have ghosts and other things try to check us out. While you could say what your experience was a dream or even lucid dream, it could also be your 3rd eye at work there detecting and alerting you to a threat. That's what I believe happened to me. My advice would be to immediately do several days of grounding exercises whenever you have experiences like that. And nothing gets rid of attachments and paranomal looky lous faster than a high vibration. 

Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
5 months ago
33 posts

Headaches back tonite in third eye location sage and singing bowl before bed I think.

Yes the citrine was on my third eye point when i fell asleep. Wrote the following when I woke up.

Twas a gypsy warning

Them's that doesn't take what is freely given Becomes them's that is taken freely from

For there is them that have nought That must take whatever they can

But if you give what you may with an open heart They will never come calling again

But always make sure yous leave a light on for if them come's calling you's will always be in the dark

Things have been a bit weird since my dad died in October will definitely work on grounding. Nothing floating round YET. Watch this space. I may have picked something up from a woman's house I was spending time with. All good fun lol. I only found out last August that I'm an Empath sure is an eye opener...

Keep it real hop hugs Matthew 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,099 posts

@matthew-elsey :

What you wrote down is very interesting, although I'm not 100% sure how to interpret it. What message do you get from it? I'm clairaudient as one of my skills. And it sounds like you are as well. Some people, and particularly clairaudient people will have outside voices in their heads right before they drift off to sleep and right when they wake up. That's when you're in between both worlds and can pick things up as messages. For me its often a voice or idea. Sometimes it's not something I want to hear about when waking up (scary or negative), and other times it's a nice thought or important idea or goal that I need to achieve. I also get various messages during my awake hours. But that often gets crowded out by my own thoughts and focus from a busy day. That's my #1 challenge with my abilities that I'm often too busy working and taking care of my family to really focus.

Sorry to hear about your father. I know that is tough. And that reminds me, there is usually a triggering event of despair or tragedy that sends you down the down spiral in vibration. I wonder if that is at all related to what you dreamt? And I hired a shaman a couple years ago to help with attachment issues with my empath daughter. And she told me that most attachments come from your chakras being too open. She also told me that she often picks up attachments while helping clients as they will hop over for a new target and has to deal with that herself. And that's where protection and energy balancing stones come in handy in addition to saging. I used and still use onyx, black tourmaline, and shungite. I also swear by salt baths and salt foot soaks as a terrific way to ground and release low vibrational energy to raise you back up.

michelle
@michelle
5 months ago
266 posts
Someone asked if Lucid dreaming is the same as an OBE. No, in an OBE, you are interacting with the physical reality around you. Lucid dreaming is interacting with other realities/dimentions.

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

Help for Empaths

empath book