A Lifepath Quote For Empaths

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
971 posts

I think so many of us struggle with accepting empathy and psychic skills as a gift. For many of us it seems anything but a gift as it causes some daily struggles. We've all discussed the challenges of being an empath with all that goes on in our heads (not to mention the anxiety and depression that often comes with this). I was watching a movie on TV the other night, and Morgan Freeman's character had a few lines that really hit me as profound. And I wanted to share it and see if it resonates with any of you the way it did with me. Here goes:

"You do what you are. You're born with a gift, if not that then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it. If you betray it, you betray yourself. That's a sad thing." -Along Came a Spider

updated by @hop-daddy: 09/06/18 08:20:46PM
EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
8 months ago
37 posts
Thank you
Bing
Bing
@bing
2 months ago
554 posts

So True.  Thanks for posting this.  

leesita125
@leesita125
2 months ago
20 posts
Hop-daddy, I am literally in tears😩😩😩
This resonates to my core and highly reflective of my emotional being today. I have known for some time that I must leave my place of employment. At one point I thought I hit a glass ceiling but boy oh boy has GOD had a hearty laugh at me.
Contrary to my old beliefs, I have actually learned way more about life, people and myself. I am far better at what I do because of my place of employment.
I have prayed many of times about leaving this place but each time I just knew or felt I was suppose to be there. I didn’t like it but I remained obedient. But it has gotten to a place where, I am feeling as though the work I do no longer serves a purpose and I always vowed the day I have to lie, cheat, steal or minipulate for my own benefit, is the day of will hang my hat and shut the door myself. I LOVE what I do BUT feeling defeated by THE POWERS THAT BE. I am lphysicslly and emotionally DOBE! Second year in a row i’ve Caught pneumonia, I leave out of that place everyday feeling like I’m running of off fumes. The energy is sooo toxic and heavy it cramps my shoulders and feet.
I am saddened by this truth but equally affirmed. Thank you
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I've been trying really hard this past year to listen, see, and notice signs that are sent to me. And when I was watching that movie, that line jumped out at me. I rewinded it three times to make sure I was hearing it right. I think quotes like this can really be meaningful and empowering to us.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book