Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 months ago
1,072 posts
Lol...one thing 1st...you don't BECOME an empath....you ARE and always have been...an empath...lol. sometimes you systems can become clogged or you have and entity draining your energy. I get that alot. Stress can overstimulate all energy and body systems. How are you sleeping?..dreams?...when I feel off I give myself a full body smudge from head to toe back and front chakras to clear up any blockages. Your chakras can get blocked. Could be you need to clear the large number of cords of attatchment to other humans. Those cords transfer energy to you when attached. Emotional and other energy that can drain you. Or all the above. You need to learn how to find what's bothering you and learn how to take care of those issues. Your intuition is still there.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 months ago
1,072 posts
And you probably need to rest as well. Slow down and recharge.
Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 months ago
276 posts

And look at who you are processing right now.- I think your "block" has a lot to do with someone whose energy you are picking up.

Illuminous Ops
Illuminous Ops
@illuminous-ops
4 months ago
21 posts

May I suggest using track 2 of this brainwave entrainment program?  It helps with building psychic ability.  (See my post here on empaths and emotional telepathy to see why I consider being an empath a psychic ability.)

https://magus56.wordpress.com/2020/02/18/brainwave-entrainment-programs/

Simply download and use track 2 when trying to tune into your intuition.  Over time you won't need the track anymore.  This is all free.   I don't make any money off it.  It's just something I made to help people.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
240 posts
@mez. For myself I have to clear my energy everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I use a combination of shungite, copper, and silver to do this. I like because the effects are immediate most of the time. Some energies are stronger than others so the can take a bit more.

I also have slowly gotten into herbal teas. I particularly like a combination of skullcap and wood betony. The trick with the herbal teas is to let them steep for at least a day. So I get my hot water going pour it in the cup and let it sit. This process just allows you to absorb more of the plant medicine.

Also a note about grounding the energy. I've learned we need to ground energy from the day, but we also need to ground energy from the past (and past lives if you believe in them). The more you stay grounded the easier things get after a while.

However, something that I have noticed is once that happens there is a point of difficulty at first. I think it is the same once you become aware that you are an empath. It almost feels like the ability gets stronger. To some degree it does however it is also the time we need to start learning to take control.

When we ground it doesn't stop us from picking up energy. It just clears out energy which helps with a lot of the sickness that can come with being an empath.

It's like if you empty a bottle well now there is room to put more in that bottle. Sometimes what you get filled with is good, sometimes not so much. It's taken some time but I have learned to balance the energy around me. One of the best ways that I have found to deal is by not shielding. I know shielding is a popular method but I've come to find it is simply like building a dam. Which is great when the dam holds up. However the energies you can come across in a day have varying strengths. Stronger energies will break that damn and then I'm flooded with the overload. When I take the time to feel the energies they actually pass very quickly and I dont get hit with the overload unless I come across a lot of depression or fear. It can be painful at first if I'm being honest. Which is also why I had to learn to change the way I defined and responded to pain. When I shy away from the pain I stop acknowledging the energy I'm trying to deal with, and that is how energies get stuck inside me.

There is an energy worker I get advice from who has been very understanding over the years. His advice has been the best and most effective so far.

Also, alone time is monumentally important. Our thoughts and emotions are simply energies. Our brain automatically tries to interpret those energies. So some of what you feel, like feeling unappreciated could actually be coming from someone else but because of how we are taught and to view the world we almost always automatically think they belong to us. Being away from others after having grounded all the old energy can clear your mind and allow you to hear your own thoughts.

My point find ways that help you stay grounded. I like stones and metals because I understand the science behind it. If you are into that sort of thing, I've found that the spine and areas around the neck are best. However, go slow because you are message with the "circuits " in you body. But be aware that as you are grounding out old energy it can take some time to get a handle on what's yours and what's not.

Hope this made sense and was maybe helpful.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,098 posts

@mez :

Good responses that I enjoyed reading. And @mez , you answered your own question by saying: 

" Just feel so drained and tired ; it's like I forget how much I occupy myself in and dont know when to put the breaks on."

When you get pent up with outside energy, you lose yourself a bit. And that's the disconnect with your gut instinct. And I know the feeling of realizing you're flying through your life and need to put the breaks on. Your brain is doing double duty as your brain, and by being an empath brain that right now is probably turned on high all the time. You're overwhelmed by energy. Do you know how to ground yourself? Let us know. That and maybe a day or two of self-care rest are recommended to rebalance. if you are able, spend some alone time out in nature near water or a forest as that does wonders to get you grounded and back to balance.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,098 posts

@mez :

Grounding can be a little hard at first because you're worn out and mind may be racing. If you aren't good at sitting by yourself and meditating and having quiet time to ground, then I would suggest you go do something that is relaxing and makes you happy. For some people that's a walk in the forest, reading a good book, or a spa day of relaxing. For others it may be knitting, gardening, or playing chess. Physical activity is also an excellent way to ground. Whatever makes your heart sing and happy will in itself help you release that pent up low energy and rebalance yourself. 

If you're wired to do best unloading your stress by getting it off your chest by talking to a person close to you, then that's a way of grounding as well. I would only caution that there will be times when you unloading that stress and low empath energy may be too much to dump on another person. They may have trouble being there for you long term as they become worn out. And also you may have times when you are travelling and all alone and need to ground by yourself. So I would suggest coming up with some other ways to ground that are not family/friend dependent (as suggested above).

I find, and many empaths find that being out amongst groups of people when you are feeling low and empath exhausted does not help. In fact, it makes it worse. When you are super sensitive due to energy overload there will be times when it makes you anxious even being around your best friend or family. Keep that in mind. And when I know I'm going to be out in a large public place, I relax and ground beforehand so that I'm not worn out ahead of being in a high energy crowd environment.

We empaths are often so busy worrying and taking care of others that we often don't do enough for ourselves. And one item I would suggest is to look at your life and see if there are any fences that you should mend as part of your own life path. I think it would be very good for you to reach out to that person who helped you that you hurt and apologize and thank them for what they did for you. Let them know you were going through a tough time and unfairly lashed out at them and am sorry (or whatever the case may be). You'll mend them and make yourself feel better in the process. And I wouldn't worry to much about how they will react. The important thing is that you'd be doing the right thing and creaating closure.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,098 posts

@mez :

You're talking about closure to a situation that you regret and feel bad about. And although part of this is for you to try to better mend something you regret saying to this person, a big part of it is your own closure. As a result, you still make progress even if the person doesn't accept your apology. But that said, it is the rarest of circumstances when someone rejects an apology. The vast majority of people appreciate someone coming to them to say they're sorry for the way they treated them. It's human nature to have compassion and to forgive. In doing so, both sides feel better. I honestly don't think you have much at risk here, but do have a lot to gain.

Side note to the above, my mother is a chaplain who works in hospice where she's helping people through the death phase. And she has shared that there is an amazing amount of regret that people take to the grave as well as loved ones who hold in regret for things they did or said to the one who is dying. And all those people had the chance to apologize and get closure for their disagreements and misunderdstandings. And now they missed the opportunity. Life is short, and we should all strive to live a good life. And part of that is acknowleging our wrongs or guilt for things we've done that were unfair to someone and make amends.

Good luck with this!

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,098 posts

@mez :

My Mom has been a travelling chaplain for about 6 years. She does it part time and due to how depressing it is she often has to take breaks. She has to be there for the patient who is dying, and the family who is reacting to the death process. I don't know how she does it. As an empath, that would sap all energy out of me. But I'm glad she and others including nurses are there for people at the end.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,098 posts

She told me the worst part are people in their 30s-50s who are relatively young dying from burning out their livers, drug overdoses, or diabetes that they didn't take seriously. Also, our western culture is very fearful of death. People are a lot less religious than they used to be. And there are more and more atheists who believe we just get this one life and then go dark without any afterlife. That's a very scary premise for the person dying and their family. And all of that adds to the grieving and emotional energy during the dying process. I think other cultures like Native American, for example, have a much easier time due to their life after death beliefs. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 months ago
504 posts
@mez

Sounds like there may be alot of negativity around you and you are just absorbing it. Grounding is key to help release that and get back on track. As an empath it's a daily process. My intuition has been off ever since I got pregnant, and from time to time intuition is spot on, but not like it used to be. Since I've been sleeping more and back to taking salt baths or just soaking my feet in the tub with salt it has been much better. I also havent been switching out my bracelets I made with stones and Crystal's as much to let them charge and clear out. The other thing that helps ground me is all my 50+ house plants. Since the weather here in chicago is iffy. I dont go outside much so I tend to the house plants which help.
All of that has helped and has helped me feel the baby's energy again. And restored my intuition.

Want to reply? Login here

Help for Empaths

empath book