overwhelmed when feeling an attraction

sandy
@sandy
one month ago
9 posts

Hello, I’d like to ask if anyone also feels overwhelmed when they are attracted to someone please. Recently, I realized that I was attracted to a guy and it was very overwhelming for me after we interacted. It’s like I don’t know what do with those feelings and I can’t get him out of my mind for days . 

So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
one month ago
59 posts
It happens to all of us when we get a crush and at the starting stages of love...
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
1,048 posts
Hi. What might help you is to look at this from the energy perspective. We all emit energy. Some stronger some weaker. Sexual energy is a VERY strong energy and when a male or female are emitting this energy it can be annoying...lol...it doesn't necessarily mean YOU are attracted to that individual...it only means you are sensing that energy and it's strong. You can't really shut it out as it's a natural thing that occurs for all species on the planet. That energy will eventually fade. But I also know that what causes me the most problems are the energy roots and connections to other humans. When I feel overwhelming energy from another human I know they've connected to me quite deeply. Not because I'm attracted but by their energy cord that has embedded into my own energy field and I've learned to recognize it and to pull it out so it can't bother me. You might want to learn how to do root work on yourself to remove those cords. And to remove all cords that are currently connected to your own energy field will be causing you problems. It will take some time to learn but well worth the time taken to learn.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
1,069 posts

@sandy :

If you are an empath you're going to be very sensitive to energy and pick up emotional energy stronger than the average person. That's why a love interest is so intoxicating. But I would urge caution and suggest you have a go slow approach until you get to know and trust him. The reason is that there are lots of bad types out there who are good at charming and reeling in empaths so they can use and abuse them. Love can be blind as we all know, so as an empath pursue a relationship like this a little guarded. And good luck!

EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
one month ago
450 posts

I agree that this is pretty common for Empaths.

Take a look at Technique 1 (Turning down the volume) and Technique 4 (Build Boundaries) https://www.eliselebeau.com/free-empath-survival-program

Also, here's an excerpt from my book: 

EMPATHS IN RELATIONSHIPS

These are the most common problems reported by   Empaths in their close relationships.

EMOTIONAL ENTANGLEMENT

Being an Empath can be a huge advantage in the beginning of a relationship because you can quickly connect emotionally with other people. But it can also become uncomfortable when you become so close that you are overwhelmed by their emotions…

One of the major challenges for Empaths is that we are constantly feel “their stuff”. This can lead to a tough situation where our own thoughts and emotions become   entangled   with someone else’s, where we can’t tell them apart.

So if they come home grumpy from having a bad day at work, you might also start to feel irritated without really knowing why.

EMOTION INTENSITY

Even if it’s very positive, intense emotions can be   overwhelming   for Empaths. We’re so sensitive that feeling powerful emotions is overloading our senses and we need to pull back, oftentimes both emotionally and physically. Women Empath might even feel an aversion to being touched by a loving husband or feel totally exhausted after holding their baby.

Always make sure you have enough time   daily   where you are by yourself in a quiet environment. This is the best way to recharge your batteries and calm down your senses.

EMOTION INTERPRETATION

It’s very easy for impaired Empaths to misinterpret what they perceive from their partner. People often experience complex emotions that they can’t fully explain or understand. One of the most common misinterpretation is that if   you   can feel it, they can feel it too. But when you read emotional information from others, you typically cannot tell whether these are conscious or unconscious feelings.

Never assume that other people can feel what you feel, even within themselves. It’s always best to ask how they feel instead of assuming that you know.

BUILD BOUNDARIES: EMPATH SURVIVAL PROGRAM TECHNIQUE 4

Empaths are very easily overrun by other people’s emotions from the entanglement problem we described earlier. We’ll give in, be swayed in our opinions or settle for a bad compromise just because it’s what the other person wants. So it’s critical that we learn to keep our emotional space free from external influences.

Here’s a technique to do this:

1)   Build Your Boundary.   Before you start a discussion with your partner, take a moment to close your eyes and imagine a bubble around you about 2 or 3 feet from your body. This is the boundary to your personal space.

2)  Strengthen Your Boundary   with physical space:

• Don’t sit too close . Leave space between the two of you so you can maintain your personal space.  It’s better not to touch them during the discussion.

• Don’t face your partner .  Instead, sit at an angle .  If you’re sitting across a table,   aim your knees away   from your partner’s body.

3)   Hold your Boundary.   If you start to feel confused or overwhelmed, pause for a moment and get your bubble of personal space back to its full size.

I hope this helps! 

--

Elise Lebeau, Ph.D. Professional Intuitive
http://www.EliseLebeau.com

PS: Get your your own signature! Become a Supporter

updated by @eliselebeau: 12/20/19 04:38:12PM
sandy
@sandy
one month ago
9 posts

So_exausted_from_users: It happens to all of us when we get a crush and at the starting stages of love...

Yes , I noticed that I was feeling something around him but I think I picked up were his feelings which were a little bit more intense ..

sandy
@sandy
one month ago
9 posts

Karen2: Hi. What might help you is to look at this from the energy perspective. We all emit energy. Some stronger some weaker. Sexual energy is a VERY strong energy and when a male or female are emitting this energy it can be annoying...lol...it doesn't necessarily mean YOU are attracted to that individual...it only means you are sensing that energy and it's strong. You can't really shut it out as it's a natural thing that occurs for all species on the planet. That energy will eventually fade. But I also know that what causes me the most problems are the energy roots and connections to other humans. When I feel overwhelming energy from another human I know they've connected to me quite deeply. Not because I'm attracted but by their energy cord that has embedded into my own energy field and I've learned to recognize it and to pull it out so it can't bother me. You might want to learn how to do root work on yourself to remove those cords. And to remove all cords that are currently connected to your own energy field will be causing you problems. It will take some time to learn but well worth the time taken to learn.

I do feel some attraction when around him but what I sensed was mostly his energy . And it’s annoying as only after a few days that I could get rid of it to an extent and realize how I actually feel . I do notice him but I don’t know yet what it is . I need yo learn how to do root work on myself so I don’t feel that overwhelmed if I do interact with him again .

sandy
@sandy
one month ago
9 posts

Hop Daddy:

@sandy :

If you are an empath you're going to be very sensitive to energy and pick up emotional energy stronger than the average person. That's why a love interest is so intoxicating. But I would urge caution and suggest you have a go slow approach until you get to know and trust him. The reason is that there are lots of bad types out there who are good at charming and reeling in empaths so they can use and abuse them. Love can be blind as we all know, so as an empath pursue a relationship like this a little guarded. And good luck!

Whenever I have had a love interest/ crush around me , it has always been intense . I always had to avoid them a lot until I figured out what my feelings are and what this is all about . I will indeed be cautious . He really needs to step up for me to trust him . He is flirty but I don’t know who he is . I am indeed guarded around him and speaking my truth . Thank you :)

sandy
@sandy
one month ago
9 posts

Thanks Elise for the technique for building boundary . Very helpful . He stood kind of close to me , the day I experienced those overwhelming feelings . Will keep this techniques in mind now .

Thanks also to everyone for their replies . Very helpful . I just hope that I don’t cross his path for a while so that I can figure things out and know if there is indeed something there ..

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
1,048 posts
My thought is that he's connected an energy cord to you and that's what's bothering you. He probably isn't aware that he's done it. If you remove it the strength of his energy will cease. I'm always glad I learned how to remove those roots as its the only way I can get any peace after encountering these types of people. Those roots are what cause you to think about him so much. If you don't remove it they will continue to transfer his energy to you even if you don't see the guy for a long time.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$9

Goal: $39