Empaths interacting with each other - hypothetical question

JustMe
JustMe
@justme
2 weeks ago
21 posts

I'm curious . . . if there are two empaths who are closely connected to one another (relatives, good friends, etc.), do they each feel not only what the other is feeling but also what the other is sensing from other people? Could there start to be a back-and-forth effect between them that would be kind of like the sensory version of microphone repeating feedback?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
1,043 posts

@justme :

I have an empath daughter and son so I have some experience with this. My teenaged daughter is highly emotional and being at an immature age does little to no grounding. So she comes home from school all wound up from the drama of the day. And then that gets her Mom all riled up. And then I have to deal with both of their eratic energies. It's actually been very challenging and exhausting at times. For me, I don't pick up on what my daughter takes in or feels from her friends and school day. I instead pick up on how all of that makes her feel (which is usually anxiousness and depression).

JustMe
JustMe
@justme
one week ago
21 posts

@hop-daddy , I'm beginning to suspect that my mother might also be an empath and I wonder if we are in a constant state of picking up anxiety from each other. 

updated by @justme: 09/15/19 07:20:21PM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one week ago
1,416 posts

@JustMe,

Ime, you can pick up energy from an empathic relative that way and it can create a circular whirlwind of escalating anxiety. My mother was an unaware empath, and one thing I learned early on from watching her was to never, ever watch the News. She felt it was her civic duty to watch it every evening, and she cried all the way through it. I learned to stay in my room with music playing until it was over and she'd had another drink and calmed down. She used alcohol to numb herself to the physical pain she had due to illness, and the emotional pain from absorbing all that negativity. I wish I had known what an empath was back then, though I'm not sure it would have helped...maybe you could get your mother to read some of what you are reading about it...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$7

Goal: $39