Hands up vs. Hands down

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
229 posts

I am curious to know if anyone else has had the same experience. 

I was meditating a few weeks ago. The purpose was to really get in touch with my own energy. I wanted to see where my vibration was, and see where my blocks were. I was successful however what I was noticing  was that no matter how long I was sitting with everything I wasn't changing anything. I was just becoming more aware of what was moving around inside. 

I was wishing I could consciously remove the energy. Now I was sitting with my palms down because I was told that when I wanted to ground, that was the way to go. 

Then I turned my palms up. I noticed that the energy in my body began to shift. After some time my palms grew warm. The warmer they got the more I noticed a decrease in the unwanted energy. After even more time, I noticed my energy begin to settle. 

Now I'm palms up even when I am not meditating. If I am sitting in a room with heavy energy I discreetly keep my palms up. It has been a game changer for me.

michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
227 posts

As an older person, when we sat in nature in a meditative or even aware but relaxed state, we put palms up. I think the idea of consciously grounding changed that.

Nature always grounds you. Of course we spent much more time in nature. We didn't have so much media/tech disturbance. No air conditioning...if you wanted coolness, you caught the breezes outside or sat in the shade of a tree.

I never thought of this but I suppose our palms up while sitting crosslegged on the ground or rocks was to be more open and receptive, a give and take of energies.

And from what I learned from Donna Eden, afterwards, is that crossing limbs is natural; that energy in the body does have a cross over pattern. Notice when you walk it's left leg out, right hand out and vise versa. Children will naturally cross hands, intertwine fingers on out-streched arms, then bring them down and under, then pulling up to the chin to comfort themselves. Also, crossing one's arms isn't always about blocking but more about self comfort and 'crossing one's energy.'

I think if you'd look in older books you'd see people sitting the way I described in my first paragraph, legs [or rather ankles] crossed, palms up.

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

updated by @michelle: 07/23/19 08:42:21AM
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
227 posts
To add to my previous post, here's a new vid from Donna, where she uses this crossing of energies. I've read where many here feel that they can ground too much. Perhaps what sometimes may be more needed is the realignment of your own energies.

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$7

Goal: $39