So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
2 months ago
51 posts
I would be pissed off and heartbroken that I lost something that important also .
I hate borrowing people things also. Once again it bit me in the ass because before I could get my stuff back we stopped talking.. I honestly believed in our 5 year friendship...
So if it feels better to cry let it out.. material losses are just as hard as the nontangable losses..
It was important and not only is the item lost but a part of the trust you had in that person...
Hopefully this helps
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
1,015 posts
Hi...also it's a form of disrespect...I think its THAT that hurt. Someone borrowed something and didn't think it was important to take care of...meaning I wasn't important to take care of. For me if I break something that belongs to someone I'll make every effort to either repair it or buy a new one if I can...but to others it isn't important therefore I'm not important. If that person made the effort to fix what they broke I think you wouldn't have much of a problem. So now you know...don't lend that person anything again. 😏
michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
205 posts

Yeah, always puts you in a position where you feel crappy if you say anything. It is disrespectful of others.

Also, I've lent countless things out asked for them back and still they don't return items. I had one neighbor send her kids over to ask me if I wanted my blender back??????!!!

I never had enough money to take anything for granted but it seems as if the rest of the world does, including my stuff.

One area where I got good at is my books. I have a small fortune in years of buying and people never return them. Now, I just say a flat out no.

About saying no; on anything, just keep it short. The more you explain your position, the more tense you feel. And they don't listen anyway.

Will Shakespeare had it right!

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

updated by @michelle: 05/15/19 10:14:34PM
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
2 months ago
51 posts
@ moonshine...
I don't know how to do it but if you can send me a private message..
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
1,015 posts
I struggled with what you are going through too. People want me to respect then but for some reason they think it's ok to disrespect me. I had this while growing up. My mother exhibits narcesstic traits. I've been trained to be a doormat and that I'm bad for defending myself and that I shouldn't. I had to untrain myself from thinking that way. And recognize where it was that it was coming from. But as an empath I feel there's MORE to this as I follow the energy more now instead of what's presented. You think it's petty to be upset by this and in some ways i agree with that as I have the SAME thoughts as you when I get upset about something. I ALWAYS think it's stupid for me to react, but at the same time I have to accept I must learn to stick up for myself and arrange it so I DON'T get upset about things. I get MORE upset with myself about my reactions than actually being upset about what happened after the initial shock.
But NOT saying something at the time of an incident that upsets me makes things worse as I've been trained to NOT say something at those times. I have a blockage when it comes to confrontations. And I understand that now. This is not about me so much as about trying to help you think differently about how you react to things. And to help you understand that there is MORE going on than you are aware of UNDERNEATH the incident that upset you. You have some UNtraining to do. And it's NOT as bad as you think. And it's ok to vent. Lol...I do that too...lol
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
1,015 posts
Lol...you've been an empath all your life. It's only now that you have something to call it that will make it easier for you to become you, rather than conforming to what the world has taught us to think. I don't go to therapy. I started to but soon realize I was picking up OTHER energies around me when I was in that room with the therapist and wondered just how much in that room was affecting me. She said she cleared it of negative energies but emotional energies still lay around. So I stopped going and decided to find my own way. It's been interesting to say the least...lol.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book