Differentiating between your own emotions and outside

mariposa
@mariposa
3 months ago
8 posts

Hello all. 

I am not new to being an empath. I have never communicated with others about my abilities before. 

But here I am. 

When I was a kid, I quickly learned to block out  foreign emotions.  So basically, I forgot what it actually felt like. 

There is someone I love, and as I have recently found out, someone I am not willing to block.  I can feel everything he is feeling, and I know that it is him, because my emotions I feel in my heart — and his emotions are purely in my head.  His emotions, I do not feel in my heart.  Regardless of the location, it can be very intense. 

Is this how you experience it as well?

updated by @mariposa: 06/10/19 01:41:47PM
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
205 posts
@mariposa

Welcome to the community; happy to greet you! Love your avatar, btw. Nice for you to find a love relationship.

I generaly feel the emotions of others in the chakra that pertains to a specific emotion. But love can permeate my entire energy field and it feels warm and tingly.

More aggressive harmful/hurtful emotions are felt in the solar plexis which can feel like a kick above the stomach. People tend to blast energy out from the solar plexis area. I've also deflected energy 'barbs' from meanies.

Now, if it's the actual thoughts of another, which I sometimes pickup from those close to me and a few others which are sending purposely, I will receive this in my head, as you say.

I think we all may differ slightly on this.

Advice on the intensity of what you're feeling from him: You run the chance of becoming addicted to this feeling.

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
226 posts
@mariposa and @michelle. I also get it in my head and solar plexus. When it comes to physical pain I get it wherever they feel it.

Sitting with the feeling often helps me determine the source. When it is not mine I usually feel a lot of strong vibration. Or I see the person when I would normally see myself. It's almost like I become them.

@michelle I've been there with addiction to the feeling. It can be very harmful. Although I often wonder if it is a two sided addiction or if somehow that person has a tight hold. I'm curious to know what you think. I have know toxic people who I could just not get away from. When I finally did leave it was like they were also going through a sort of withdrawal.

@mariposa you say you learned from a young age how to block out others. Would you mind sharing how? I think when we are younger we know more about how to handle this than we realize and forget as we get retrained how to live by the world. It sounds like you were able to hold on to some of that knowledge.
mariposa
@mariposa
3 months ago
8 posts
I have always been a loner type. Fitting in was a concern of mine for only a short time in high school. After that, I found that I was healthier being alone with my own emotions.

I have a strong will power. Pluto is in my ascendant. So I have powerful control over many things in my life.
mariposa
@mariposa
3 months ago
8 posts
I can quickly identify what is my name what is not by sourcing the feelings. And also reasoning through why I am feeling a certain way. If I cannot place it, it is from outside.
mariposa
@mariposa
3 months ago
8 posts
*mine/=name
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
205 posts
@crystalsage said:

"@michelle I've been there with addiction to the feeling. It can be very harmful. Although I often wonder if it is a two sided addiction or if somehow that person has a tight hold. I'm curious to know what you think. I have know toxic people who I could just not get away from. When I finally did leave it was like they were also going through a sort of withdrawal."
-----------

That's opening a big can of worms and I'd have much to lay out, with different variables and situations...which would totally hijack mariposa's thread.

It would be best to create a thread on it. Would you pm me, before/if I start the thread? You're right, it can be very damaging and I'd like to get a feel of what you went through. There are reasons why this is an especially important topic for empaths.

And considering my time, I'd want to know that there'd be participation at this thread....

Thanks,
Michelle

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book