Being surrounded by empaths

moonshine
@moonshine
4 weeks ago
70 posts

Hi all, this is just a question in general.

What's it like to be surrounded by empaths? I mean on here I feel comfortable talking since there seem to be lots of humble people and many have they're own advantages and disadvantages of what works for them, be that personally or as they learn to live and manage with empath abilities.

From people I know of but not personally, seems even asking a question gets on someone's nerves? I don't understand alchemy very well or healing properties in things or even the scientifics behind something's but does that mean by asking I'm taking the fun out of things for others? 

I still have alot to learn, still have control issues with grounding, but won't stop trying.

Seems some people love to make it known they're empaths yet assume they're discreet about it. (This isn't specific to anyone on here) it's just what I've seen or perhaps that's my ignorance?

Some empaths like to talk to the soul reality of others, and rightly so by permission, are some oblivious of how they also intimidate others? Patronise others? That alone is sufficient to cause anxiety to others. Perhaps I'm unknown to them, but certainly pressed a few buttons, and off go the posts of how they're an empath.

Some might enjoy whatever blessings come through for them or abilities, whs is there so much competition when it comes to empaths? Sometimes I get caught up in that too but for me it's finding the switch off so I can live as normal life as possible..

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 weeks ago
218 posts
I think the honest answer is that empaths are still just people. Just as imperfect and just as clueless at times.

For me personally I do the best I can. However I know that when I am face to face with an empath or someone who is open to the subject I get overly excited. It is just so rare to be able to talk to an actual person. As far as the whole getting upset and the post about being an empath, and even the competitiveness to it. I think it could be many things. One we are just imperfect people. I also think we expect to have all the answers. Another reason could be this one size fits all mentality that is sometimes apart of the human condition. Another possibility is that some believe what they believe so strongly that they may take offense to being questioned. I honestly don't mean that part in a negative way. It can be such a hard life. When we find a way of believing that makes it easy to get up in the morning having someone question it is almost like messing with our survival.

Finding balance to live a life as close to normal as possible can be a personal journey. Sometimes others can give you the answers you need. Sometimes they can only offer examples of experiences had that have worked for them. It is up to each individual to decide what works for for them. And if someone gets upset with something you have done or said, as harsh as this may sound, I have to say so what. For me I have to be able to live in this world as best as I can. Others are not always going to be happy with me just as I wont always be happy with others. The best I can offer is an apology when needed and to be as mindful as I can without sacrificing myself. I have found that it does no one any good when you give up your own happiness and comfort for others. It only makes me resentful, which can make me dangerous. It's better to live honestly and possibly piss a few people off, then live a lie which will only cause more problems than need be.

I like this post. Thanks for sharing it.
michelle
@michelle
4 weeks ago
179 posts
@crystalsage Thoughtful and thorough answer. Thank you for that. 😊

@moonshine:
-------- --
"I don't understand alchemy very well or healing properties in things or even the scientifics behind something's but does that mean by asking I'm taking the fun out of things for others?"

Learning is fun for me! Asking questions and professing ignornance on a subject is something not all do easily. Some are, what?....afraid or ashamed to admit they don't understand? [people in general, not just empaths] A comic example would be the spouse who will continue to drive around lost rather than stop and ask for directions.

As to why people would be annoyed by another asking questions, maybe they're not so sure of their answers or maybe they can't articulate the answer very well but understand it in a way and become frustrated.

BTW, saw one of your questions in another post. EMF stands for electromagnetic frequencies. Here's a link which will explain the types and sources of EMFs:
https://tinyurl.com/yxcnngsb
------------------

"...are some oblivious of how they also intimidate others? Patronise others? That alone is sufficient to cause anxiety to others."

This is a matter of perception; one person can be viewed as either personified virtue or personified vice at different times, depending on whether he or she gratifies the other's needs or frustrates them. 
-----------

"Some might enjoy whatever blessings come through for them or abilities, whs is there so much competition when it comes to empaths? Sometimes I get caught up in that too but for me it's finding the switch off so I can live as normal life as possible.."

I think competion is one of the 'programs' instilled here, in this reality, which is best seen for what it is. This is also true in sports where one is a poor looser. Not that sport is bad, say when one enjoys pushing the body to its' extreme agility.

Competition is encouraged, starting in school or earlier, between siblings, masked under the guise that it will push one to do better....that's just it, one is always judged to seem inferior. We all have different strengths and weaknesses; what does competition accomplish but one feeling less and what drives it but insecurity and avoidance of feeling less than?
-----------

These are my thoughts and observations. Thanks for a thought provoking thread! 🤗
moonshine
@moonshine
4 weeks ago
70 posts
Aww thank you @crystalsage what u said was very True. The last part made me smile ☺️... That's just something I've never been able to do (to piss people off purposely)- unless if I'm messing around with a friend. But other than its just not in me, I have learnt that I have a natural way of doing that regardless, but it's always people that seem to be "misfits" that I tend to get on with. I class myself as one also. I don't think I've ever felt like I've had true friends I'm wondering if others have ever felt the same? This year I think I really started to do things where I want friends to know that I still think of them, care about them, sometimes I don't think it out well, and it backfires, makes me look weird and it scares me off.

It's true what you also said @michelle some people have they're own preferences and those should be respected. Maybe it's just me not understanding something that took me aback? They said I seemed upset? Not that I was consciously aware of? I actually responded out of energies and thought oh f* how am I gonna worm myself out of this as best I can lol then I remembered my shielding and thank the lord lol.

And thank you for helping me understand what EMF was. As empaths we can say they are somewhat true or we may know something, doesn't necessarily mean it's correct to how we understood or perceived it

Has anyone ever had one if those done? I mean in through empath resonations but actual name I've forgotten what they're called an ECG I think usually to monitor the rhythms of the heart I found it strange once I felt like I was having palpitations and requested (possibly because of side effect of meds) but when they carried it out, there was nothing to suggest anything, one time I was having an asthma attack from someone's own illness and it was strange, it was uncontrolled people thought I was being a drama queen or exaggerating while I was not well myself mentally in hospital.

Sorry to have gone off there a bit but I'll bear those in mind. ☺️☺️☺️
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 weeks ago
218 posts
@michelle thank for the compliment and the info. I never really took the time to look up emf.

@moonshine the whole heart palpitations and picking up on others sickness has happened to me before. I have also acted out the emotions of others.
I think the heart thing is actually energy we are feeling. Maybe that's why the test doesn't see anything. I have noticed that when I sit with it the feeling goes away.
On the whole pissing people off sometimes. I actually hate when it happens. However over time I have been training myself to be okay with sometimes rubbing people the wrong way.I don't do it on purpose, it is just a fact of life sometimes. Only because I feel better when I allow my self to be.

I am also a misfit. Always have been. I also get along better with other misfits. I have some good friends although it does not always feel that way. I can't talk about this stuff with most of my friends. My empathic friends are like me and tend to disappear for long periods of time. I get that it is usually due to a need to recharge but it can get lonely.
Also going back to acting out others emotions or picking up on their sickness. I use a combination of fasting, metals, meditation, and crystals to help me. I haven't found a method that always works yet. I have learned that are different kinds of energy which get cleared different ways. Sometimes it also depends on the strength of the energy and your connection with the source.
I have also learned to change my perspective with regards to how the energies are affecting me. Some days are better than others. lol

Hope you're all doing well. Take care.
moonshine
@moonshine
4 weeks ago
70 posts
Thank you, how do you manage to fast? I can't seem to do that, especially when it comes to religious months for people of faith who fast, I've tried last 2 years, 1 year I had to pass on that because of medical reasons but the first every time I tried it backfires.

For me it helps against energies like greed/hunger etc and keeps me in check of what is natural/normal for me. Plus it's nice to have that random grounding in place

What benefits do you experience from the things I mentioned for u if it's ok to ask?
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 weeks ago
218 posts
Fasting was hard for me too. I started off very slow. I would go 8 hours and the stop. I increased it a couple of hours at a time until I was able to do whole days. A lot of it was mind over matter. I also have a rule for when I fast. If it doesn't feel right I stop. I notice that when I fast I process energy a lot faster.

Every thing else I mentioned just helps me ground. Different things work at different times. I think it just depends on the kind of energy I am being h in t with.

Lately I have been working on accepting those energies. I take a deep breath and absorb them so that I can use them. It has actually been working. Although at times it can be very difficult. The idea is to change my view 9f the energy. It changes the affect and I am able to use that energy in my body the same way I use the energy I get from food.

Not sure if I answered that question all the way. Lmk.
moonshine
@moonshine
4 weeks ago
70 posts
That's fine, I can relate I tend to have similar experiences but thanks
michelle
@michelle
4 weeks ago
179 posts

@moonshine @crystalsage Hey, if there's a misfit club, sign me up! I lean toward other misfits as friends, too. Who wants to conform to the norm anyway?!

Some need the constant supply of friendship and get confused over an empath's need for downtime. I've had aquaintences get angry over that and to them I tell them, "I don't make a good kind of friend you're looking for." My truest friends are those who I may not have contact with for sometimes months [yes, even years] but when we do get together, it is very easy to pick-up where we left off, no hurt feelings. I understand that people have lives to live and that may be very demanding on them.

If fasting is hard, look at it this way; you fast everyday, while you sleep...I did have a friend who sleepwalked and often woke up with chocolate cake on her face or something similar though 😄Somedays, I just feel better if I don't eat. I learned that this was from being histamine intolerant. On those days, I drink lots of water and one glass in the morning with chlorella powder...actually I take water and chlorella in the morn nearly every day. Morning is when the body is most filled with toxins and chlorella binds them and you pass them out. It is also very nutritious and, theoretically, you could live off of it.

I used to have those crazy heart palpatations too and learned to let them pass. I haven't experienced them for years, though. Yeah, I used to wonder if I was having a heart attack. I think this was probably due to a build-up of histamine or other body chemicals so the morning flushing with water stopped this. I also take celtic salt, dissolved under my tongue with the water too. This isn't like table salt which is stripped of all its' minerals. Celtic salt has all the trace minerals that the body needs. Modern people mostly need minerals more than vitamins. Plus, it is an anti-histamine. And, big welcomed surprise, I don't have night time leg spasms anymore.

I taught myself tigger point therapy for pain and going to a therapist once a week wasn't enough. Plus, if the therapist had some issues going on, I'd pick them up in my body. My mum's in her 90s and I'll do trigger points on her and if I don't ground my hands afterwards, I'll get a headache.

I've also taken on some of Mum's physical issues after sitting with her. This is a very normal thing for all people, not just empaths, although we're more aware of it. It is one way we help the old and ill. Caregivers need to be especially mindful of this and the lending of energy to their clients/family so they can take time for themselves to recharge. Again, this is a very normal thing and not to be afraid of.

In my esoteric studies, I'm learning of our large and smaller accumulators [batteries] and how to tap into the large accumulator for that extra energy when needed. This is accomplished through training of the emotional body and not through the intellectual or motor bodies.

Speaking of rubbing others the wrong way, I've been accused more than once, of being a know-it-all when in all sincerity, I am just passing on knowledge that I have gained. I read way more than most make time for or are inclined to, and am happy and excited to share with others...but I'm sure some close off and just hear, "Bla-bla-bla," from me! 😁

Also, moonshine, in regards to rubbing people the wrong way, sometimes the energy signatures of people don't mix well and can even repel each other. This really isn't a personal issue unless you make it one in your mind. One of the Four Agreements of the ancient Toltec wisdom is:

"Don't Take Anything Personally."

I taught these to my son, when little and together we drew and colored this particular wisdom on a sign we hung in the bathroom, where we'd see it first thing in the morning.

The other 3 Agreements are:

"Be Impeccable with Your Word."

"Don't make Assumptions."

"Always Do Your Best."

Before I leave, a gift for you. I named one of my past cats after this song and the day he died, his daughter was born [only one in the litter]. I let my son name her, hence the name, Stevens.

Enjoy!

Michelle

updated by @michelle: 04/29/19 08:24:10AM
igor
igor
@neverquitter
4 weeks ago
22 posts

."but I'm sure some close off and just hear, "Bla-bla-bla," from me! 😁"

Lol thats is true... i feel we empaths, have a thoughts process some what peculiar from most of people...i feel a lot of my thinking is born out of energy forms and colors os energy i can't really see(vision), but feel and from that...i like to talk and experience life changing information as living full as i can. 

Some people dont get it..they thinking we trying to overloook them... but maybe we trying to amaze them so we can experience more and more.. i think a empath might always be a progressist...at least the ones i ve met.

Off course there is also competition and jealousy... we live with our egos...a "room full of mirrors"( as i was observing my ego yesterday and this quote came to me, and i remembered Jimi Hendrix song" room full of mirrors", its also about that"

Ego is necessary, but is pretty boring and incomplete experience too. About being a misfit that too..sometimes i get caught in "how should i behave in front of others" a lot...and it has been a lot less then when i was younger but still that... its crazy to have this fear because we tend to inspire people when we dont know how to behave and create a method of our own...and people take the example of our "perseverence" and feel free for sometime...and that is a moment always worth living.

At the same time i guess thats why we like to talk about stuff we feel we know. we are the one who are able to comunnicate with all of them and make the information run from field to field. Trying to create and recconect with the true virtues of the human race and earth, and make peace last for as long as possible. Thats my view... nice topic

updated by @neverquitter: 04/29/19 09:40:57AM
michelle
@michelle
4 weeks ago
179 posts
@neverquitter :

"Trying to create and recconect with the true virtues of the human race and earth, and make peace last for as long as possible. Thats my view..."

You brought a big smile to my face and whole being! 💜✌

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book