So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 months ago
51 posts
Yes, alot of it all makes sense.. you need to find a way to ground yourself. Judith Orloff MD has a lot of good books about how she learned she was and empath, then because a medical doctor in mental health to help others. She is trying to change the way doctors treat those who are empaths and in her newest book "The Empath's Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People" she helps you learn more about the different types of empaths and how to ground yourself along with everyday skills. She also has a series of pod casts. When I first realized that I was an empath last year my therapist recommend that I read them and it helped lots. There is lots that I am still learning because I am unavailable to meditate and my visualization techniques work different. I also have certain clairvoyant abilities also and I swear I recognize different people who I have never met. One theory I have heard is that because I have had lots of soulmates in my life from romantic (however we are no longer together) to friends to my 2 kids and a pet. Soulmate are just groups of people who you travel with in each lifetime together that the people I swear I have seen before are just other souls I recognize from different lifetime yet have no bearing on this lifetime.
As for waking up and trying to figure out what year you are in I would do that constantly with cities and would have to remember what city I was in. My ex's career kept us moving lots and in 10 years we were in 5 Major cities across the country. Even though I have been in this one now for 9 years I still get lost with address as most cities repeat the number system and have similar street names. Even malls and store names will sound familiar and I get lost on which on is which..
My advice for you is learn how to settle your anxiety, calm your nerves and ground yourself.. once that is achieved you will feel better.. I am fully aware that it sounds a lot easier than it actually is. I still struggle with it to. So with suggest using medical help in medications or cannabidiol or CBD oil how ever I believe if you can learn skills without these you are better off. I don't do the CBD oil as the vertict is still out if it can interfere with other meds I need to take for keeping me alive and I have anti anxiety meds I take only when everything gets to be to bad.
Careful letting doctors know what you are and can do as several still don't believe there is such a thing as an empath and they will prescribe unnecessary medicine in trying to help..
Good luck
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 months ago
51 posts
Grounding is different for everyone..
I keep a several crystals on me and I have a bunch of other ones in my bed.. I have an amethyst I carried me for about 5 years now, shortly after I realized that amethyst under my pillow helped so I my nightmare went from several a week to 1 every few months.. then I started researching and adding to what crystals I carried on me.
The amethyst are everywhere in my house as when my kids were young we went amethyst mining.

Past that Judith had a bunch of idea's in her book.
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 months ago
51 posts
I always play with a crystal and it either connects or doesn't. It's a vibe I get..
My turquoise is my link to my great grandmother and I only got it a few years ago when my mom finally let me have it.

As for the second part I am not exactly sure what you are talking about
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 months ago
51 posts
The ring because it was originally given to my mom when she passed.. I just would always grab it first whenever I borrowed my mom's jewelry...
She was going through some of the jewelry a few years ago when she got ill assigning who of the kids / grandkid will get what (my sister was cut out cause of her drug problems, her share goes to her kids) my mom is still with us but she isn't well.. she said that the ring will end up as mine anyway, I can take it now.

The vibes are hard to explain, I just know if that stone belongs with me or not..
I have twin flame (yes I know that not all believe but there is something more than soulmate between us and every thought he is with someone else he admits he feels the connection.. he has no idea what twin flames are or about the connection, he and I fed of of each other's emotions and get lost who owns what vibe and we try really hard to respect his girlfriend with boundaries between us but at times that desire is to much. He wasn't into crystals before meeting me I slowly opened up about why I have them and that they are in my bed.. he immediately was drawn to them and I helped him with his first amethyst and now if I am drawn to one for him I get to for him instead of me.. we both agree our energy is connected.
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 months ago
51 posts
Kinda..
Try different baths salts as different herbs will have different qualities. Or Epson salts with tea bags in the bath water to make your mixture.. leave the tea in their bags as that is not a fun job cleaning a tub of loose leaves (tea ball opened on me) if it isn't strong enough dry your own herbs and use tea balls to hold the herbs. The Epson salts can be directly added to the water... Your going to have to experiment.. I am still learning how to myself. I haven't totally conquered it either.

As for the thoughts, I have just always known things I shouldn't about people. Hard to explain, just part of who I am. I found out that this is part of my abilities I have.
I am lucky enough that after going through many therapist that were just not the proper fit for me in my darkest hour my angel who I lost when we were both 4 to a house fire and he has steps in when I have lost my way and all hope and puts me in the path so I could be referred to my therapist. My therapist has in a lot of ways what has kept me ground these past 4 year's. I suffer from extreme ptsd. He is also an empath and is the one who point me in the direction of self discovery of being an empath. He has taught me lots and pointed me in the direction of learning lots on my own, not all answer can just be given, some need to be discovered when your ready. He taught me that the knowing things I shouldn't know is that I am able to pick it up from others but I have to learn to control it better as it is an invasion of privacy and personal space as if I should know that I would have been told..
I am still struggling how to control it and with my twin it has become so much more intensive and we share emotions, thoughts and energy. We get to the point where neither of us know what emotion belongs to who and because we feed off each other things like do become a bad cycle till one of us can break the loop..
I am still learning lots with only accepting my empath abilities last year. For 44 years I refused to recognize them and was constantly at war with myself. Acceptance has changed so much for me but I still have a long ways to go and continue learning..

I am sorry I don't have all the answers, but the one thing I have learned in the past year is that when you are actually ready the universe will point you in the right direction..
Good luck
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,031 posts

@moonshine

A lot of what you have noted resonates with me (experience and skill-wise). It sounds like you are going down the path of bettering the understanding of yourself at a nice pace.

I wanted to share that I have often wondered who exactly is banging on walls, knocking on doors, and whispering in my ear? I am clairaudient so I hear ghosts but usually do not see them. I've often wondered if what I hear is really a ghost, or whether it may be a spirit guide or something good and positive. One method of analysis I do when I hear things is to quickly monitor how I feel at that moment. If I am creeped out or agitated, it's usually a sign that there may be what I would characterize as negative entities nearby.

I also wanted to add that I get visited often but that it comes in stages. There are three empaths in my house (my kids and I), so it has a lot to do with our family vibration. If someone is low vibration/depressed, we seem to get visits very quickly from the negative. It seems they come and test the waters so to speak in trying to see how they can take advantage of one or more of us. And when we're all going through a good period of hapiness, I don't hear much at all from the unseen.

On the topic of grounding, we empaths all do some grounding and energy healing on ourselves without knowing it. We may feel the sudden urge to go for a walk in nature, to watch a comedy, grab a glass of wine, or go on a donut run. In doing so we are choosing to do something positive and self-healing for ourselves. And as we bring in that positive experience, we slough off some of that negative that has built up. But I will say that type of subconscious healing comes at a slowed pace and usually is not enough to clear up all the energies of the day. That's where grounding meditations, salt baths, and rest come into play. And as you noted, crystals and protection stones are very useful for protecting and fortifying your own energy balance.

I have never tried automatic writing but am fascinated by it. I do know that @tigerlily is pretty good at that. And I'm hoping she'll see this and stop by to comment.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
1,031 posts

@moonshine :

We've had ghosts visiting our home ever since my kids were born (my kids are now 17 & 15). Most were pretty harmless when the kids were young. The kids would see them but never really felt too threatened. But as the teen years hit, that's when the less friendly types started showing up. The pattern that I have noticed, and that has been verified by a shaman, is that when any of our vibrations start to significantly lower, some unwanted things are immediately attracted to us. But we have managed it pretty well. I do a pretty good job of keeping balanced and helping my kids stay upbeat. But it has been tricky at times to keep teenaged empaths balanced as they go through the emotional roller coaster that is high school.

I do grounding meditations, take salt baths, and use crystals and stones. I don't see our paranormal experiences directly tied to any failings on our part. We've saged, hired a shaman, used protection stones, and done many many things. I'm of the opinion that when these things want to come in, they're coming in. We don't mind the ones that want to just stop in and check us out (the friendlies). And we have a plan that works with the not so friendlies. We seem to get all types passing through. There may also be something about the land in our neighborhood that may be more conductive for ghosts and spirits as well (but we're not 100% sure on that). 

With crystals & stones I have heard that some don't play well together. But in my collection I so far do not have any that don't work together. My belief on crystals and stones is that they are not energy originators (they do not create energy of their own). They are instead energy conductors or enhancers, or energy blockers. I use some crystals to enhance positive feelings or reduce anxiety. While I use other crystals and protections stones to block or shield against unwanted energy. You will notice that some crystals and stones work really well for one empath but may not work the same for another. Here's a book I highly recommend as way to get familiar with the various options and find ones that may be helpful to you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904991637/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With crystals I would add, you want to clean or refresh them often. As an example, I find that Malachite does a real good job absorbing negativity from me. This may be negativity that I've taken in from others, or me being upset about something. And the Malachite helps move that out of me and get me back to being balanced and more upbeat. But in doing that job for me, the malachite gets maxed out and doesn't work as well after a few days. So every couple days I'll set my various crystals and stones out in sunlight. The sun energy cleans and refreshes it. And then they're ready to report back for duty. 

I have had some road rage or walked into a random argument between strangers and felt the anger and wanting to punch somone. But that is more rare. More often driving around I pick up anxiety as people energy. That also happens in crowded areas.

For the images you're seeing that sounds like you're being communicated with by a ghost or spirit if you're getting various random images that pop in your mind. That would be medium skills at work. I would suggest keeping a journal to record when and where you are getting messags like that.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 months ago
496 posts
@moonshine

You have alot going on :)

Grounding is a good technique and can really help you be yourself again. You may be caught up in the whirlwind of others energies and emotions often forgetting your own. This is quite common. I would suggest to try different grounding techniques and see what works for you. I can share mine, and maybe one may strike a chord. Being in nature, surrounded or in large bodies of water, Himalayan salt baths, lavender essential oil, palo Santo essential oil, sleeping with Crystal's under my pillow, always wearing a black stone. Obsidian types seem to be the best for me. I do keep a black tourmaline on me as well and Jet. (Usually in a pouch stuff in my bra, TMi) If you live and work in a large city like I do, chicago. Nature adventures are a God send. Snowfalls and rain always feel like junk in the air is washed away and purged for a bit. I wear headphones alot and that helps, along with not looking at people in crowded downtown Chicago.

First time I tried automatic writing, omg wow!!! It was fascinating. You learn so much :) I suggest only calling upon your spirit guide (s) and Angel's and higher self. The new age may say universe, but then you are calling upon everything lol. I made that mistake once lol. Before hand really ground yourself. Talk a walk with the trees, have a salt bath, use a soothing scent, meditate for a few minutes in the bath to quite the mind. When you are ready call upon your guides and Angel's only and start to visualize the white light coming into your head and all over your body. Visualize it covering your head, your nose, your neck, moving to your shoulders, then down to your body, legs, etc. Then when you are ready write whatever comes to your mind. At first "purging" will begin, then as you continue "non sense" will start. You may get phrases pop in your mind, write it down. Images in your 3rd eye, write it down. You may start to feel tired after a few minutes, and you can say thank you to your guides and angels as you complete the writing as you have recievee the information for now.

Here are some weird things I got.
Example, The last few times I had done the automatic writing "eat leafy greens" kept coming. Naturally i thought strange, why do you want me to eat leafy greens?
So i did eat more leafy greens, for a whole month and I did feel better health wise. I think it raised my vibration too. If you look in my freezer I have 7 things of frozen spinach, lol. I try to keep a stock of it. Another example that came through was leaving my job. Of course I thought odd, it wasnt that bad. But later I found out why......oh and I did. 2018 was a not great working career. Now, my last automatic writing was a few months ago, i was told success is coming. I really hoped it was a new job, and it was. I also learned the negative people around me were holding me back, again I didnt see it until later I found out who my true friends are. @hop-daddy knows my challenges with living in Chicago, but that has come through with automatic writing several times. I'm supposed to leave this city and negative people for continued growth. Now, I'm a logically person and have to plan for it lol. I apologize for talking so much of me, just wanted to provide a few examples of how it really does work. It may help on grounding and people. May even help with your other gifts. Automatic writing may just come freely and natural for you as it does for me, and I really hope it does. Feel free to smudge your area with sage before hand, I use a sage smudge spray I got from Amazon and sprinkle Palo santo essential oil on the carpet. Scents work just as great as smoke, in my rescent experience past few months. The room energy will be clear and ready for you :)

you can even spray the sage smudge spray around you after a hard day. It helps me and I hope helps you.

Here is the sage smudge spray link...you can find it on Amazon too.

https://juniper-mist.myshopify.com
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 months ago
496 posts
@moonstone. One more thing. If you like plants maybe get a few. Plants that promote better air quality, ie, air purifiering plants you will find are some of the same types that keep the yucky negative energy out from people lol. Plants do respond well to our energy. Water them as instructed and talk to them, touch them, and tell them you love them. I get teased at work for talking to mine and I really dont care, because they are growing and healthy and i often get asked on how to revive a dying plant. Pothos are a great one. Uts other names are devils ivy and money plant. Hard to kill, but flourish so great! I have 2 at work growing like crazy already, and since switching jobs/roles at my company, they are out of control in the growing dept. My coworkers dont mind the long ivy portion overlapping in their cubicles lol. Quite a coincidence if you ask me,,,,better energy?? The pothos produce long vines, or you can have it grow up. They also regenerate roots if you cut them at the nodes and keep them in water for about 2 weeks. Aloe, bamboo, snake plants, peace lilies, aracea palms are all great too. Peace lillies are beautiful. The green is also a great color for the heart chakra, and you will find yourself loving your plants. :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book