Do you get what you need out of meditation?

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
8 months ago
227 posts

I just curious to know what everyone's stance on meditation is.

Do you feel like it is useful?

If it is no what are your struggles?

If it is what do you do that you find useful?

igor
igor
@neverquitter
8 months ago
22 posts

i ve been meditationg on and off for the last 2 years...i had my first experience maybe 5 years ago but took it more seriously in the last 2 years..

i feel its a amazing source and practical tecnique to organize feeling and thoughts.. throught the process of meditation and it can make you a learn a lot a about yourself and  more than a conscient way...i feel unity and control of my mind with not so much conflict, the way i feel normally..

For me its a different perspective, if one takes it seriously it can widen and widen till you have some good meditative stabilitty of focus and thought process.. (just being ultra rational here)

Good question!

Muse Jewl
Muse Jewl
@muse-jewl
5 months ago
12 posts

I have been meditating on and off for around 20 years and I have never ever been comfortable meditating but.....when I create collage I have clarity, there is no thought...only me in the present moment in the act of cutting, gluing and placement of paper and that fills me with satisfaction and calm.  Being an artist, I find I receive more guidance, ideas, inspirations and solutions through what I call 'focused daydreaming'.  This is where I focus on a question that I have or an artwork that I want ideas for and even readings that I do.  I think that focused daydreaming is particularly helpful for artists, designers and creative people.  That said...at night time when I lay down to go to sleep, I do a relaxation/visualisation from toes upwards ....usually when I get to my solar plexus, I am fast asleep or nodding off. :)

If I get overwhelmed, I usually close my eyes and focus on the soles of my feet and breathe.  This is a mini meditation that I find very grounding.  I do the same thing when I do colour readings or start an intuitive drawing.  I have also learned to listen energetically and that is part of my empath skill set.

updated by @muse-jewl: 03/24/19 01:11:32AM
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
212 posts
@crystalsage

Today, for you, I thought it good to revisit this thread of yours. 😉

Meditation, no matter how you accomplish it, is nothing more than quieting the chatter of the mind.

The mind is a Creator given tool, a servant to us. In most, it has become their master, beating them constantly with incessant thoughts of little value. In meditation one merely gives the mind something calming to concentrate on, be it the breath, sensation, artwork...or I even find it meditative to really focus on mundane things, like walking or washing dishes.

In these moments, your mind isn't chattering but quietly observant; you let any 'chatter' drift by, not resisting those thoughts but merely letting them pass until you come to that calm observant focus. In this way, the mind has a 'job' but not one of influence. Not only does this calm the body and central nervous system but eventually opens you up to your soul or higher thoughts which come in a very different language....be that creative inspiration or profound understanding.

I hope this helps...

Michelle 💖

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
227 posts
Michelle. This actually really did help. Lately, I am ok most of the time. I do enough self care that I struggle less with being an empath than I used to. However, sometimes I get so busy, I forget to do some of the little things I need to do.

In my new place I can't do some of the things that used to help me. Like burning sage. Which is ok, but I never really replaced it with anything. I think I have meditated twice since I've moved in.

Thank you for the reminder.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,031 posts

@crystalsage :

One of challenges in daily life as an empath is to get myself to stay balanced and calm. And while I feel pretty good after meditating, I often get lots of paranormal surprises in the hours and days following meditation. It somehow seems to switch on some of my psychic and mediumship abilities. And I'm torn as to whether I am ready for some of that. In particular I don't like ghosts flocking over to me. And I don't like my empath radar being turned on blast to where I struggle to be around people or have an uptick in strangers seeking me out in public as if we're long lost friends. And meditation seems to do that to me a lot of the time. So for a while now, I have stopped meditating. But I do plan to go back to it when I'm up for the side effect challenge.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 months ago
496 posts
@crystalsage

I agree with @hop-daddy on meditation. The same happens to me. So I keep meditation down to a minimum.

I have gone to group meditations and being guided through that. In those I was able to connect with my spirit guide quite easily and was given answers I long sought. I also learned my challenges in life from them along with guidance on it. My intuition has grown immensely from it, along with following it more from what my guide told me.

Otherwise, there is science backing up how effective meditation is on the brain. It can enlarge your hippocampus which will then help with memory and retention. The frontal cortex will shrink or thin out not only with age but due to stress and burnout. Those who practiced meditation have seen improvements. Not only will it help you spiritual side of the world, it will help your brain as well which then can help in other areas of life. Check out the MRi scans. It is quite fascinating.

Quieting of the mind like Michelle noted is tough. Everyone goes through this, but practice makes perfect :) there is an app for meditation, it is called insight timer. It has music. Take a bath,lay down in bed, light a candle, use a calming essential oil like lavender or frankincense, plug in the ear buds and listen to the music or sounds. And just see if you can focus on what is happening in your 3rd eye. you may start seeing glows, and colors, or shapes.

My friend is so good at meditation she will do it for 30 minutes at a time and get messages. She gave me a reading a few months back and I see how spot on she was today. Imagine what you can get for you :)
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,405 posts

Thank you all for the excellent input here. I had a sudden light bulb moment when reading it... that my increasing inability to turn off the psychic stuff may be due to the incredible amount of time I spend in meditation each morning...at least an hour. Most of that is spent doing visualization healings on people I know who are sick, so I do not want to stop it, but I can let go of the rest of it, and see if that helps. Thanks!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book