Dealing With Health Issues? Your Empathy Is Likely To Blame.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

There have been plenty of discussions here in the past about how often empaths get sick or deal with ongoing health issues. I personally deal with constant stomach issues and a bad cold that I tend to get 2-3 times a year that knocks me out. I found a couple articles that I wanted to share that highlights common illnesses that empaths have, in addition to suggestions on how to improve your health. (Please share your comments on what illnesses you have dealt with that were likely empath related. And any tips you have for others on how to be a healthier empath.)

http://belindadavidson.com/why-empaths-intuitives-often-have-bad-health-2/

http://www.jennifersoldner.com/2017/01/empath-mind-body-health.html

updated by @hop-daddy: 12/12/18 11:47:03AM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,388 posts

Thanks for pointing this out, @hop-daddy. I especially loved the first link. I wish everyone I know would read that.  I've done chakra cleansing for ages with no results. Also daily cleansing and shrinking of the solar plexus chakra and shuttering it. No results. I think it will be this way as long as I live in a crowded city.

The book she wrote specifically for empathic INFJs looks good. I have every single health issue she listed except migraines and colds, and I used to have those when I was younger.

My number one tip is set boundaries and stick to them. Selfish, narcissistic and psychopathic people will keep on violating your boundaries and pushing you, and you will be forced to confront them which is SO hard for a decent person to do, but once you have gotten some relief by doing so, you will never go back. You are not responsible for anyone else's life choices, so don't let hem make you feel that you are, or sickness is inevitable and I am so sick I am terminal and cannot drive, barely sleep, and can only walk two blocks now, and slowly. history is repeating itself, and people are literally trying to drain me to death, and this is important for all you newbies, they do NOT care and feel NO remorse.  I watched my unaware empath mother become a depressed hermit and die at only age 60 from the overwhelm and disappointment caused by selfish, nervy people. Not everyone is decent like empaths and not everyone who claims to be one really is an empath. The problem I think is the empath's push-pull relationship with people, especially for INFJs, of which I am one. You can feel compelled to be involved with people and help them, but despise what you can read in them at the same time. I hope lots of people read these links and put themselves first always. Then choose carefully whom you help. Imo, most people these days are so desperate for a connection with something other than their phones that they are bottomless pits of need. You will be drained dry, but  they will never be filled up. I think some of us, and I am guilty, confuse being a friend with being a therapist, and even a therapist gets to be off work and have down time. If someone needs one, you are not doing them any favors by substituting for what they really may need...think about it. A real friend does not expect free therapy from you.  Ok, end of rant. Thanks again for posting this. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
162 posts

I have more stomach issues in December than any other time. I attempt to avoid people at this time of year. Last night i had to over see a children's program with another empath. She did most of the work, but was very tired when it was over. She is half my age. I had a different reaction. I was tired as soon as the people started entering the building. My stomach knotted up as well. I thought I might have eaten some bad chicken. It went away after I took a nap and grounded out that energy I picked up. 

My daughter has stomach issues all the time. Yesterday, she stayed home from work because of it. She doesn't do much grounding except in the bath. I can see the correlation of her stomach issues and people shes around.  

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,388 posts

@zacharias,

Stomach issues here in America can also be due to the GMOs and pesticides allowed in food, which are not allowed elsewhere. There is someone on this forum who moved here from Britain, never having had any trouble, and as soon as he got here, his digestion went haywire. I do not mean to say that emotions are not involved, since they are, especially with us! I mean to say it could be a combination of things, and trying to eat organic food with no GMOs for awhile to see if it helps may be worth it. if your tummy lining is irritated, L-glutamine is an excellent supplement to treat and soothe it. It is very safe, as long as you don't take more than 5 gms. daily. I hope you and your daughter feel better soon. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

@zacharias:

I think our teenage daughters are about the same age and are both empaths. My daughter always has empath related stomach issues. Last night she had a dance performance that she was in where she couldn't wear her protection stones. And being around that many nervous girls plus the audience gave her really bad stomach troubles. She's had this all of her life when around empath stress (as do I). 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

@cheshire-cat:

My observation is that empath stress gives me stomach problems that kicks up my stomach acids and weakens my stomach lining. And then with a sensitive stomach I have to be careful what I eat because certain foods make it a lot worse. Before awakening as an empath I used to have a cast-iron stomach. I'm not saying that food allergies don't play a role for a lot of people. But I would say 8/10 empaths admit to having stomach issues relating to empath stress. It seems to be a very consistent problem. 

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
89 posts

Stomach problems here too. As well as many others.

I wonder. If any of symptoms have gone better for any of you?

Personally for me. My throat is not hurting anymore after I became aware.  Got less head aches, and shoulder tensions, back pains. Mostly they are now, because of sitting home more ehe.

updated by @curious-child: 12/15/18 05:02:55PM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
480 posts
Stomach issues here too. I always have pepcid ac on me. Went to a GI dr and he found nothing wrong! Lol. Later I learned of hormonal issues that is causing the troubles, I learned what to eat and it's better. My stomach is the best when I cook for myself. But at the end of the day in empath world, not even pepcid ac or staying away from certain foods help. Now if I'm around negative people and narcs, or anything negative in the air....my stomach just churns and burns. Best at that point to just walk far away from them if you can.

I have sinus issues as well. There are days when out of no where my sinuses just flare up in a snap. Ill start coughing uncontrollably
from post nasal drip from it. And there are no known allergens around me that would cause an immediate flare of congestion except people. It can happen at work, at a party, the store, discussions that may have negativity. I have a cat, who I'm allergic too, and he doesn't cause my sinuses to get like that so fast. The sinuses are a never ending battle and I'm allergic to sudaphedrine.

With sinuses, this is interesting, my friend and I were talking about her son and how he talks of a spirit in their basement and other things this gifted child randomly talks about. Both of our sinuses spontaneously got clogged at that same time and we were blowing our noses, and of course I was coughing it up too. As soon as we went downstairs the congestion gone for her. I not so much.

Overall, I'd have to say best remedy is stay away from Chicago! Lol. I am always better in less populated areas. Even in those smaller areas I will get a small punch in a gut or the face, but once removed I'm ok. Crystal's and stones help greatly and I really use those until I can better shield myself. Grounding and cleansing help that too.

All this has gotten worse due to working with a narc the past year. Seems lately every weekend I'm sick. The minute my body, mind, and soul feel free, the body just gets sick. Come Sunday night I'm better.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

If anyone is interested, I have a few stomach soothing supplements that I order off of Amazon that have really helped my stomach. I'd be happy to share my protocol. But controlling my stomach pain is really the management of a vicious circle. As an empath my stomach acids kick up and weaken my stomach lining. And when that happens, quite a few foods will aggravate it further. And that causes a lot of pain. So I work on grounding often to keep me more mellow (along with protection stones). And then I take the previously mentioned supplements to help strengthen my stomach lining.

@tigerlily, I also get sinus issues from empath stress. I use allergy sprays that do help. But I also started seeing an acupuncturist for help with some body aches (which has been amazing as the science of it is all about clearing energy blockages in your body so that you can properly heal). And as it turns out, acupuncture is excellent for sinus problems. He'll put a couple needles in and my sinus issues clear up in minutes. It's amazing how well that works.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,388 posts

@hop-daddy,

What do you use when your stomach lining is weakened? I can highly recommend L-glutamine powder for that problem. Take one 5 gm.scoop per day on an empty stomach in H20. :-)

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

I use a few different things. But this one is the main one that my naturopath suggested that gives me the best relief:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GDGAFE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

It contains slippery elm bark, marshmallow root, and DGL. But also recently found the Prelief product that is helping me quite a bit with high acid foods like coffee, red sauces, wine etc...:

https://www.amazon.com/Prelief-Tablets-Dietary-Supplements-sku445783/dp/B00006JIXX/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545167213&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=prelief&psc=1

updated by @hop-daddy: 12/18/18 01:29:15PM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,388 posts

@hop-daddy,

Thanks. I think you meant slippery elm? I can't take that one. I have heard DGL is good. We have used Prelief at our house for years now, with coffee, chocolate or berries to prevent reflux. 

It's not really surprising our stomachs get upset when negative energy is around, since the gut is "the second brain".

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
971 posts

I agree. I really didn't know that until my Chinese acupuncturist mentioned the role of the stomach beyond just digestion. I think it helps to understand this as an empath in order to manage it and hopefully avoid unwanted stomach issues.

Aiden
Aiden
@aiden
2 months ago
45 posts

I am my moms 2nd child and pretty much came into this existence with stomach and other health issues. I didn't go home until 3 1/2 months after birth ( c section) due to having surgery for pyloric stenosis while also dealing with pulmonary stenosis and bilateral undescended testicles (sorry for the tmi). 

I would say that my stomach is definitely where I experience the most discomfort along with back and shoulder tension. When I'm nervous (exams, interviews, something unexpected happens) my stomach will start acting up which leads to multiple restroom visits. With my back and shoulder tensions I've found that meditation, monthly massages and herb baths for cleansing and removing negative energy usually helps. I also eat pretty well and exercise regularly with lots of stretching. 

At 31, I've also been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, anemia and smoldering multiple myeloma. I have yet to experience any symptoms for any of these diagnosis' and honestly feel better than i EVER have but my blood tests always indicate that i have this that and the third. 

My mom always tells me about a nurse she befriended during my time in the hospital who was also some kind of spiritualist. She basically told my mom to keep an extra eye on me and that some individuals experience health issues that are really manifestations of energetic "unseen" issues that many don't really understand or believe. My mom also had a reading done while she was pregnant with me (before she was showing) where she was told that my birth, health and life would be way more complicated than than her first born. Boy was he right lol 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book