Have you ever heard of Clairgustance and Clairsalience?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
1,064 posts

I came across this article and it caught my eye. I have never heard these two terms before. But upon reading the article I realized that I get Clairsalience all of the time. Clairgustance deals with taste, and is not one that I have encountered. But has anyone else experienced these? Here's the article:

https://www.annasayce.com/the-forgotten-clairs-clairgustance-and-clairsalience/

updated by @hop-daddy: 06/10/19 05:02:47PM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
501 posts
I have heard of this and experienced it. Just never put a name to it. I have smelled my grandmas, and sometimes I get such urges to eat certain foods as example. The foods usually have a relation to the person I connect with. In my old apt I used to used to smell cinnamon rolls. In one area of the apt only. I was to frightened at that time to figure it out who it's from. I'll get smells from time to time wherever I go that don't make sense or if others don't smell it. Sometimes I even have cravines fir a food and can taste it, and only to find the person 20ft away from me has a craving for it :) Joys of living in a big city :(
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,441 posts

Thanks for this. I had just been wondering if the weird things I've been smelling that cannot possibly be there are spirit induced. Today I smelled nail polish remover in 2 rooms of the house and I do not use it due to chemical sensitivity. We don't have any in the house.

I don't have the other one and have not heard of that, except for in a few heart transplant patients who crave foods their donor ate that they had not liked before. It is interesting that it seems to only be heart transplants that pass that along, as far as I know. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
1,064 posts

I thought the article was interesting just to put a name to these skills. In the article the example she gave for Clairgustance was when she does a reading and starts tasting cigarettes when a spirit who smoked in life comes through. I don't know what other examples there are for Clairgustance because what else would you pick up on? I guess maybe a spirit that was an alcoholic would come through as tasting like alcohol. But aside from that, what other examples are there? But it is interesting. Clairsalience on the other hand is something that I have had experiences with now and then. I have over the years smelled everything from perfume and cologne to cigarettes and B.O. in certain areas of my home. What's interesting about that to me is that I often have year round allergies and have a blunted sense of smell. But when it comes to Clairsalience, the smells come right through.

One example is that I heard a woman humming in my kitchen when no one else was in the house but me and my dogs. And my dogs were really uncomfortable with what they heard. When I walked into the kitchen to investigate, the humming stopped. But there was a lingering perfume scent left behind. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
501 posts
I started practicing readings with a group. And I kept tasting mashed potatoes. Delicious ones I may add. Turns out the girl was hosting a dinner and potatoes were on the menu. I did smell the ocean once in my bedroom. I was like wtf, I'm over 1000 miles away from salt water. It lingered for like 10-15 minutes. I then thought of a friend who moved to the west coast, and after that thought the smell of ocean went away. (My friend is alive) In that case what would that mean? Is that maybe a connection of some kind to my friend? Like they were communicating it was boating time?
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
last year
158 posts

How about getting hungry at the same time as brother or knowing what he wants before him saying it, and making me think about/go search for the same food? ^^. I think I'm too thick to experience this over long distances though, only when in proximity, although it can or could depend. 

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
787 posts
Thanks for sharing 😊
Yes! clairsalience is definitely one of my strong points. I always know when Mom’s around, as she was a heavy smoker. I will also get other phantom smells...perfume, BO, and the like. It also comes through as a premonition.....strangely enough I always seem to know if someone is going to have a blowout on the road as I can smell burnt rubber before it happens. This has happened to me on more than one occasion...saving me from potential accidents. One involving a semi truck....you don’t want to be behind or next to one of those when it happens...not pretty, lol. Smelling house fires before they happen also....
Blessings
LoconnorO
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
171 posts

I am SO happy you posted about this. I experience clairsalience all the time. I'll randomly smell people (usually living). I'll be minding my own business and then suddenly I smell someone I know. Or I'll get a strong odor when I'm on youtube or going through someone's social media. I don't recognize the odor either. It's really odd. I would like to think it means, in the case of my friends, they're thinking of me or something, but I really don't know. I don't want to fool myself, I analytically minded, however I don't know what these olfactory hallucinations are about.

I actually had a really odd encounter a few months ago. I was in my bathroom brushing my teeth and then I suddenly thought I saw a dark figure run by the door and I got a horrible feeling. I never, ever have experiences like that, but it startled me so I moved quickly left and moved into a nearby room into the corner, and I had the most uncomfortable feeling, even though I couldn't see anything, but I felt like something was there. Then out of nowhere I smelt my great grandmothers perfume, something I hadn't smelled since I was a kid, before she passed away. I didn't realize I remembered that perfume smell, but it was so vivid and out of nowhere.

I do pick up the taste of alcohol when I'm around people drinking alcohol... I don't know though, other than that I don't know if I experience anything out of the ordinary with taste.

Related to taste, I don't like meat, it can taste fine to me, but the meat just has a weird effect on me. I don't really know how to put it into words, but I actually initially stopped eating red meat because of it a few years ago, and now I'm actually vegan, even though that took a more logical and thought-out approach.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this, it was very interesting...

updated by @loconnoro: 10/30/18 08:50:34PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,064 posts

@moonshine :

Thanks for bring up this old post. I mostly get the taste messages in my mind. But it can be a little confusing because if it is a pleasant taste message, my saliva glands kick in and it seems like I'm tasting it in my mouth. But I'm pretty convinced it is in my mind.

Interesting on your alcohol/drugs feelings. For many of us, our heart and solar plexus chakras are the most responsive to emotions. For many, doing drugs and alchohol makes them think they are escaping their troubles when in reality they are just temporarily masking the pain. For example, we've all see upset people go pound some drinks at the bar to feel better and end up being really emotional and in tears. I will also say that when I feel emotional distress or sadness energy my chest tightens and my upper stomach in the solar plexus area aches. I wonder if that may be what is causing your sensation from the sad energy of people doing drugs and alcohol?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,064 posts

Thank you @moonshine ! I hope it's a good thing that I post this much. 1000 seems like a lot! Happy

In my early months and years of being an awakened empath, I could literally feel stress and anxiety peeling off me as I read accounts from others that made me realize I was a normal empath and not losing my mind. And by buying in to all that I have learned spiritually, I think some blocking that I was inadvertantly doing disappeared. And that enabled my abilities to grow in a positive way. It felt like I was advancing in a school system where I would learn and understand one thing and then go to the next level to learn something else. Even today I am still learning skills, concepts, and theories on various spiritual subjects. So it sounds as if you are going through the same thing where you are opening up to all of this and it's all starting to materialize and better you. That's awesome!

Being able to interpret energy and mood from writing is both a blessing and a curse. It's like reading someone's mind when they don't want me to. Quite often at work I'll get emails from people where the wording is pretty neutral in tone but yet I can sense from the energy in the email that they are upset. And when I tactfully ask them about it they seem shocked that I somehow knew they were having a bad day or were annoyed.

When I was a younger empath I was very ungrounded and super sensitive and would pick up on everyone's energies. It was overwhelming and caused a lot of anxiety. I think this is what you are going through with random energies flowing through all of the time. The solution is to ground yourself and get balanced. Once you do that you'll not be impacted as much by each person's stuff and can instead work on only honing in on energy that you want to get involved with. I also carry protection stones with me at all times and that has been enormoously helpful with keeping my intake of outside energies in check.

When you go in that dreamlike state you are allowing your subconscious mind to take over. And that's where your psychic skills pull through from. In my case I find that when awake and alert my conscious mind often blocks what my subconscious mind is trying to do on a spiritual level. My conscious mind is worried about whether I closed the garage door after I left my home, or whether I remembered to mail the mortgage payment. My conscious mind worries and over thinks a lot and keeps my spiritual or subconscious mind locked up. So I have learned when I can be calm my conscious mind (usually through meditation or daydreaming), I can then allow my subconscious mind to take over. And I'll get all sorts of visions, and other worldly info. Included in that is some mind reading and some pretty accurate energy reading. I don't know if it works this way for everyone. But at the moment, this is how it works for me.

updated by @hop-daddy: 05/02/19 01:06:11PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,064 posts

@moonshine :

My teenaged daughter is almost always nauseous (she is most days an unbalanced empath). I get nauseous less frequently, but it does happen when I am stressed and maxed out from taking in too much negative energy. I also get a pit in my stomach or feel nauseous from ghost energy (or when I detect something bad is about to happen). I love it when people say "my gut is telling me to do this" or anything about gut instinct. Because the stomach area is like a 2nd brain and is where our intuition is. The solar plexus chakra is where we take in our emotional energy. And mine gets really sore when I'm taking in too much from people or if I'm in a high emotion situation (like a funeral). Grounding and sleep is how I heal all of that.

At risk of sounding judgy, I find that people who are fitness freaks like your friend are compensating for unresolved personal tragedy or insecurity. In our society having 3% body fat and being a gym rat gets rewarded with a lot of positive attention. And some people live for that. So you could be picking up on your friend's insecurity energy or their unresolved emotional pain. On the flip side, don't beat yourself up for your current body shape. Empaths typically carry a little extra weight. And because we tend to be selfless, we are not overly concerned about not being in fitness model shape. We're just not vain that way since we generally worry about everyone else first and ourselves last.

If you think about it logically, people who eat and then purge or go on extreme fad diets are unhappy with themselves. I've seen plenty of overweight people who eat what they want and are secure enough with themselves that they don't let society's body standards bother them. For the rest of people, getting fat is shameful and they feel like an outcast because they are not in better shape. And quite often for those people their weight gain came about from unresolved emotional issues. As an empath you're going to pick up on all of that. Sure people get grumpy and frustrated when they starve themselves on a crash diet, and you will pick up some of that energy. But a layer beneath that is their true self energy. And that unhappiness is likely what you are picking up on.

You mentioned that one friend you can speak openly with, while the other will hold your personal info. against you. There are a lot of people that are jeaalous and envious by nature out there. And that group of people are usually very insecure, feel a bit lost, and are trying to be someone of something that they are not in order to fit in. When you are a balanced empath, you are confident and fine the way you are. People pick up that from a spiritual level and will hate you for that. They would pay or do anything to have that level of confidence and personal acceptance. So when you confide in them they see it as an opportunity to take you down a notch. They make themselves feel better by making you look worse. This has happened often in my life. I call it "the contest that I never knew I was in". My advice is to just know that as an empath there are plenty of people who will attack you and try to sabotage you to make themselves feel or look better. You don't need people like that in your life so try to avoid them. Or at least be aware of their intent and shield their energy and know their ultimate intent is to harm you. I've been helping my teenage daughter with this a lot lately because in high school the wolves with their knives out are a lot more obvious than when you get older and those same people do a better job masking themselves and their agendas.

Reading other people's thoughts comes and goes for me. And when it works I find it comes from being able to read their emotional energy at a deeper level. For example, if someone is really worried about something, picking up that worry will somehow carry their thoughts forward to me on that energy where I can tell what's on their mind with pretty good precision. It mostly works on people close to me like my wife and kids. I think that's because I love them deeply and let my guard down around them. Whereas out and about I have a bit of a guard up blocking some of the energy that hits me and that seems to dull my mind reading. Although there have been plenty of times when I've calmed my mind and I can hear the thoughts of strangers nearby. And then I'll make eye contact with those strangers and they look embarrassed as if they know that I just heard their inner thoughts. So in a nutshell, I would say I'm a novice at the mind reading thing. I need to do a lot of work developing that. If you want to work on it I would say go to a public place where people are around, (like a mall) and try to calm your mind and see what you can pick up on. When I calm my mind people's thoughts just jump right in. Sometimes I'm just picking up on their general vibe like maybe they're tired or pissed off. But with others I can go a level deeper and pick up thoughts. Try that out and see how it goes. The number 1 thing for me that I've learned is that if I try hard to consciously work on a psychic skill, it usually doesn't work. I also can't be stressed out and imbalanced as that also mutes my skills. After grounding myself I have learned how to calm my mind in a semi-daydreaming state and just let my subconscious mind open up and go to work.

I used to be like you where I would walk around with my emotions changing like crazy from one minute to the next. I found that my chakras were too open and that I needed serious grounding to get it all under control (to turn down the volume so to speak). I also learned about taking salt baths as part of a grounding technique, and use protection stones and crystals. If you want to learn more on that let me know.

As you know there are a lot of differnt types of empath skills. And one of them makes it really hard to eat because some empaths can pick up on the misery of the animals they eat. Or they can pick up on the unhappiness of the store worker who stacked the apples. It's possible that you may have a skill similar to that. And with a lot of energy work/grounding, you can manage that better. But I did also want to mention that if you have a sensitive stomach from being an empath, you're going to have trouble eating acidic foods like tomato sauce, chocolate, coffee. I'm in that camp and have to watch what I eat or take antacids.

I hope this all helps. Sorry for the long response.

updated by @hop-daddy: 05/03/19 09:23:52AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,064 posts

@moonshine :

It is a very tough age to be a teenager and an empath. Emotional energy running wild everywhere, cyber bullying, mean girls etc... My teenaged son as well, but as a guy he has it easier.

When posting I usually try to say "this is how I experience things" because I recognize that all empaths can have slightly different experiences. I find that empaths feel the most discomfort from emotional energy in their solar plexus and chest areas. The solar plexus is considered our emotional center, and that's why many of us feel nauseous or pit in our stomach feeling where we are overloaded. But I also get a tightness in my chest and have had heart fluttering as an empath. Your heart and solar plexus chakras do different things so the senations you get in one or both can help you better understand what you're picking up on, and whether you have a chakra that is too open and overactive. I also wanted to note that I've felt chakras in other parts of my body working away including my throat, crown, and sacral. Here's a diagram I found that gives you an idea which one does what:

Chakras.jpg

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,064 posts

@moonshine :

I've experienced the same in the past and have been dealing with my teenaged daughter with the same this week. Simiply put it's empath burnout/fatigue. You're all filled up with unwanted energies and are worn out from that. I don't know if you want to waste too much time yet understanding where it came from since empaths pick up energies from everywhere. You just need to concentrate on getting those energies out of you so you can restore yourself. By off-loading those energies from your body you will raise your vibration and feel happy, energized, and motivated again. Have you tried salt baths, or any other types of grounding techniques that force those unwanted energies out of your body?

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$9

Goal: $39