Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

I had in my dream, an OWL.

I just saw the owl, and the dream just ended as fast as it started,

Any help or ideas of interpretation?

I myself think of a few things on this, but I cannot say it now, here. I do not wish to put ideas in people's head that could pollute their real own gamma intuition on their replies.  Thank you all for your insights. My first post! and I like the interface of this website. Its awesome actually!

updated by @robert-caffer: 03/23/19 11:12:13AM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,447 posts

Welcome to the EC Robert,

As you probably know, many native cultures believe owls are an omen of death. However, they can be your totem or spirit animal instead, and that is what I am picking up here. I see a very large owl, not sure exactly what kind, but it seems to be a barred owl, flying low, and directly towards you as if to slam into you head on. It seems to be bringing a message of: "Hey, wake up. You know better." Does this make any sense to you? Sometimes I am dead on target, and sometimes way off, lol. If you know about lucid dreaming, you could ask for a lucid dream to find out more about the owl you saw.....

Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

Well, I haven't felt it was the case, and if it is, its done already or in the process of being done. Sort of wake up calls to my needs and self-respect. For example, I have recently stopped wanted to respect family protocol about Christmas, holidays of family. I recently saw a empath youtube video that said that, ''its not because you have a family, that you have to always meet them on the social holidays and do the things they do.'' I love my dad, but not my sister, she is fake when i see her, its not that i didnt notice before, but from now on, i no longer wants any dealing with her ever, perhaps just once year, instead of 4 or 5. Coze each time I see her or with her boyfriend, its a bad energy system coming from them. Its awefull and not fun at all for me. So on that, its recent decision to protect who i am and my choices. The Owl a totem animal? I am happy if it is. Perhaps if you could detect more on the nature of the message that this owl has, its a old dream i had with him, 2 months old approx. Still in my memory though.....and so far I dont have the ability to see them,...unless i use a specific gemstone i know that helps to communicate with guides. I will put more attention to this for sure.! I'll be always open minded and ready for any messages my guides try to tell me, including my newly found animal totem; the owl!. Thanks for sharing! *hugs*

twospirits1home
@twospirits1home
last year
4 posts
Hi! This will be the first time ive interacted on the cummunity as well! Trying to try this whole interacting with others thing even if its only virtual lol. Anyways idk if i should write this but im sure you may have had the same thought maybe? Okay well i beileve they have something to do with ufo expierences. I have a story to go along with why i beileve this but would take to long rn. Hope i dont offend anyone or freak anyone out😳 feel free to ask me anything on why i think that and ill reply tom.
twospirits1home
@twospirits1home
last year
4 posts
I take that back my second post lol i forgot 😬
michelle
@michelle
last year
266 posts
@twospirits1home
I thought of the same thing. Dr. Karla Turner's patients 'remembered' owls in their dreams.
http://whale.to/b/turner_h.html

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.
Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

Many articles in there. Can you pin point in which document the owl mention is? I though about what has been said here and some truth is in it, perhaps. Why I think that? because recently I came across studies which demonstrate that our DNA is artificially made. and some researchers said that interdimensional beings are responsible for that. Seeding our planet. Their agenda is perhaps food. Who knows? If many people are possessed by spirits (and i know for example, many Jehova Witness are possessed by weird evil spirits who takes them for energy food) of course their energy is in constant ''turmoil''. I am sure the agenda here is about energy food that we are to them. But the good news is, the energy shift we are currently living, due to ascension etc, enable us to step away and be snatched free from those parasitic entities. I know there is too many of them on earth, and know that for a fact and if its true we were engineered, it means they can harness our energy easily and feed on us when they feel like it. Owl totem? maybe! Or perhaps its a sign that for those who saw an owl, they are breaking free of the matrix or a program that gave access to food for them. What do you think?

michelle
@michelle
last year
266 posts
I put the link up because it gives you free access to her books and interviews. It's been awhile since I read them and you'll have to do your own research but here's one link from an interview which speaks of screen memories
SNIP:
MORE ON SCREEN MEMORIES:

"Intensive research shows that at the core of the human-alien interaction there is a clear pattern of DECEPTION. We know, for instance, that "screen memories" are often used to mask an alien abduction. Such accounts abound, in which a person sees a familiar yet out-of-place animal, like a deer or owl, a monkey or a rabbit, and then experiences a period of missing time. The person often awakens later to find a new, unexplained scar on his body. Uneasiness about the encounter will persist, however, and far different memories may start to surface in dreams or flashbacks, and then the person seeks help to explain the uneasiness. Quite often, hypnotic regression is used to uncover the events behind the "screen memory," and that is when a typical alien abduction surfaces. The most recent research in which I've been involved has turned up yet a second sort of screening process. If it turns out to be accurate, then thousands of abduction cases are in urgent need of re-examination. The typical scenario of undergoing the regressive hypnosis usually results in penetration of the initial blocked memories. The abductee then recalls an encounter, hitherto unremembered, such as undergoing a physical examination of some sort, perhaps having body tissues removed or having a gynecological exam. Other typical reports include the taking of sperm and ova, of being told of an important task to be carried out, or of receiving a warning of upcoming disaster. And in most cases, both the abductee and the investigator come away from the hypnosis session feeling that they have discovered the truth about the experience. Rationalization leads them to believe that the aliens' purposes must be scientifically objective or benevolent. The less threatening and more benevolent the hypnotically recalled event seems, the more satisfied are the investigator and the abductee. "That wasn't so bad, now, was it? These beings are our friends, or at least they are not our enemies." And everyone goes away with a sense of relief. I have yet to hear of a researcher who actually questions the uncovered scenario. But from several recent cases, it is apparent that these recovered memories may well also be yet another screen, masking events that are much more reprehensible. I will explain one such case, to make the point clear."
http://whale.to/b/turner7.html

Robert, I do not adhere to most explainations of ascension. These hyperdimensional entities show an extraoridinary interest in our souls, reproduction, psy abilities, and other. They are deceptive, to say the least and can also appear as Jesus, Ascended Masters, and angels, if that is what it will take to get you to trust them. They can plant thoughts in your mind, setup relationships, and work to isolate you from friends and family.

If one is truly driven to know how humanity has been herded to where we are today, then reading of history and religion is crucial in seeing thru the deception. One must also question everything one reads or watches or hears. Development of the mind and utimately the soul is what it is all about IMO.

Two roads, soul evolution to STO or STS. And THAT determines, when one leaves here whether they progress, or live another 300,000 years in 3D.

--

Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

Thank you for sharing. Ascension of course is kinda new age, but for me it means, awakening to what we are. Our true self and to grow. Ascension will continue to perhaps be confused with so many concepts. Have a great sunday!

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
504 posts
Owls, in dreams symbolize wisdom, intuition, awareness. Since it just appeared as fast as it was gone. I would say this is a good thing to let you know you are very connected with yourself. Great dream for an empath:)

I do agree with chesire cat that this could also be your spirit animal showing itself to you. Outside of the dream world, do you find yourself more attracted to owls than other animals?
twospirits1home
@twospirits1home
last year
4 posts
Here is the vidoe i ran across. https://youtu.be/yZ8O5byM_ug

Im more then positive ive been abducted several times. I only remember one instant of actually being beamed up out of my bed. I only remember this because i was half asleep and when it happend i coinciously thought to myself "ill remember this in the morning" and when i woke up i wrote it down. Ive had extremly wierd expierences. Have felt presences around me some scary some not so much. I can usually sence the diffrence. I am also convinced that there was another dimininsion next to my house in the back yard at one poit when all of this was happening. I saw several crafts and also diffrent dimionsional beings some that i have pictures of. They also mask as frogs.. I have this one vidoe and the frogs head had a blue luminous light glowing from it. Like a dot? In my vent in the bathroom i had the urge to vidoe tape it so i did and about two weeks later watched it and there was a little green "alien,insect" or whatever it is peaking threw the vent and you can tell he was a conscious being cause he was ducking as to not be seen by me. Also there was this girl dinosaur like being too, she seemed nice and friendly. Im not to sure what to think about it all to this day but it has completly isolated me from society for three years now. I take care of my grandmaw in the middle of nowhere pretty much so i dont leave the house much. Its been a really heavy,intence, beautiful, lonely,unbelievable expierence but it has transformed my life completly. Id do it all over again. Now im trying to overcome the fear of intergrating back into the real world so i can fufil my mission one day.. The fear is crippling and im suprised im even sharing this all with yall now. The owl expierences tho i beileve it is connected its strange because this time it was connected to another person (the synchronicity) and that was a first for me. Needless to say she stoped talking to me shortly after it happened. Must have freaked her out. Lol. But yea i think there is something more going on for sure. The whole et thing never really sit to right with me. I do beileve in other dimionsions and think that cern has something to do with it. I still plan on looking into it and trying to connect the dots. But cern is involved for sure. The lhc is not a good thing i dont think. They are messing with stuff and arent even aware of what they were doing but then again maybe they are. Also artificial intelligence. Honestly i think they may be harvesting dark matter from us? Dont take me seriously on that one because im not positive. Still lots of work to do and my research has been at a standstill here recently due to the dark night of the soul and also i think a relationship was set up to throw me off course and keep me distracted. I ended things tonight. Idk its just to much honestly and im finding it extremly hard to move foward at this point. It will take a miracle to get me out of the state im at now but honestly this is helping already. Sorry my whole life story lol. Yall just be safe and try not to take things to personally there is alot of mirroring going on and triggering right now. Sending positive vibes. Feel free to ask me anything.. Also any advice to help me move forward would be fantastic. Hang in there!!! Being something then nothing is key!
Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

TigerLily: Owls, in dreams symbolize wisdom, intuition, awareness. Since it just appeared as fast as it was gone. I would say this is a good thing to let you know you are very connected with yourself. Great dream for an empath:) I do agree with chesire cat that this could also be your spirit animal showing itself to you. Outside of the dream world, do you find yourself more attracted to owls than other animals?

Thank you for your insights. No the owl for me is not my favourite animal when i am awake. I like all animals the same and i like insects and birds all the same.  I have felt that this dream was about revealing to me that i am on a path of self-awareness more and more. To see beyond the veil i suppose. Yes your right, I do feel same way, its about wisdom, intuition, awareness, the owl is known to be a silent night creature. I was said many years ago that one day I would perhaps change my lifeshift and become a night bird (LOL) instead of a day bird....

michelle
@michelle
last year
266 posts

@robert-caffer A few months ago, middle of the day, I had an encounter with a barred owl in my backyard and I don't live in a heavily wooded area. I have many encounters with wild beingings and there's never any fear on either side. It truly is wondrous. When they appear, their message is spot on.

I suggest Ted Andrew's book, to keep at hand, "Animal Speak." DESCRIPTION FROM AMAZON:

Open your heart and mind to the wisdom of the animal world. Animal Speak provides techniques for recognizing and interpreting the signs and omens of nature. Meet and work with animals as totems and spirit guides by learning the language of their behaviors within the physical world. This beloved, bestselling guide has become a classic reference for anyone wishing to forge a spiritual connection with the majesty and mystery of the animal world. Animal Speak shows you how to: Identify, meet, and attune to your spirit animals Discover the power and spiritual significance of more than 100 different animals Call upon the protective powers of your animal totem Create and use five magical animal rites, including shapeshifting and sacred dance ----------------------- @twospirits1home

I am sorry to hear of your abduction. It is good that you had the presence of mind to write it down.

It is all part of the age old control system here. It did not start with the Hadron Collider. Most get messed with one way or another, unless you have an occupation which is part of that control system and/or don't question the status quo.

It seems to take the form of whatever is culturally relevant to the time period. There is a resemblance in the ET abductions to the farie abductions in Celtic myths, the jinn of the Arabic world and so on. Now we have blackeyed children, shadow people, and weird animal creatures in the collective consciousness.  These things all seem to cluster around UFO sightings and other ET encounters...ghostly activities can also cluster around it.

And while there maybe be actual ET/UFO  activity, there is another controlling presence behind that.

May I suggest you read some of James Bartley's articles from here: https://tinyurl.com/y3fp8bpq

He states,

"There is a FUNDAMENTAL CONNECTION BETWEEN THE OCCULT AND THE UFO PHENOMENON. THATS IT, PERIOD. "

Could you also tell me what types of ETs you witnessed?

--

updated by @michelle: 03/25/19 08:47:52AM
Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

@twospirits1home

Thanks for sharing the video and your story. I agree with CERN. My research, like yours is often stopped by one thing; we have to earn money each month to pay our bills and its a distraction that prevents full inspiration of insights research etc. I am an artist and i know its super important to be with no distractions (bit even the slightest) when I create

Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

I had no idea so much information is out there for the OWL totem and synchros. So much people lived this. Its true that the owl is very direct. There was no second guessing about the message delivered to me, i understood it was about knowledge. General or specific knowledge

michelle
@michelle
last year
266 posts
@twospirits1home

I just finished the video you posted. It did a very good job of covering what was said here by ALL, concerning screen memories, messages from owls and their archetypial symbology.

However, I am in complete disagreement with the ending of the video where the interviewer and interviewed suggest that there is any benevolence behind abductions. The public is being softened up in accepting this thru outright disinformation agents, some researchers and in this case, average citizens who are looking for truth and answers.

Below a snip from a rather long article [Gunther is good at bringing various research and opinions together in one cohesive article.]:

SNIP:
The Secret World of Alien Abductions

A very important issue, which Greer and many supporters of the “benevolent alien scenario” seem to completely miss, distort or deny is the topic of Alien Abductions. For the layman who has never looked into it seriously, it may be a topic to make fun of, making jokes about ‘anal probing’ and such but anyone who has ever researched that field knows that the picture is not very funny.

There is a High Strangeness to this whole abduction phenomena which is hard to explain. Many abductions are not that obvious and can only be retraced through hypnosis, as the aliens seem to have an ability to mind-control their victim, erase memory, manipulate space and time, as well as implant certain thoughts, emotions (everything from bliss to indifference) and even false memories of what really went on in an abduction (screen memory) with a hyperspace-technology that makes our technology look like the Stone Age.
 Some abductions have been reported fully conscious without hypnosis and there seem to be many similarities between the stories of thousands of reported abduction cases world-wide (this is NOT just an US phenomena), independently, showing a rather disturbing picture.

David M. Jacobs, Ph.D. has been doing research in the UFO/Abduction field for over 40 years, published several books and has worked with thousands of abductees, mostly using Hypnosis techniques to reveal these experiences. He states:

“My research is based on more than 42 years of UFO research. In addition, since 1986 I have conducted over 1,000 hypnotic regressions with abductees. I have tried to be as objective and as “agenda free” as possible. I have no New Age, spiritual, religious, transformational, or transcendent program to promote. I try to stay as close to the evidence as I can. However, there is no possibility that I have avoided error. The majority of evidence for the alien abduction phenomenon is from human memory derived from hypnosis… . It is difficult to imagine a weaker form of evidence. But it is evidence and we have a great deal of it.”

Admitting to the difficulty of researching the abduction phenomena (There is no film/picture “in-action” evidence), Jacobs, however, rules out the idea that abductions are just a psychological/imaginary issue. Too many accounts from too many unrelated people tell the same (developing) stories over and over which just don’t fit into any psychological frame. So, how does a typical abduction look like? Jacobs describes it in a nutshell:

“Abductions are complex series of events and procedures directed by the abductors to passive or controlled abductees. In a typical or common abductions, humans are taken out of their normal environment by aliens. The people are rendered passive and cannot resist. They are taken aboard a UFO, their clothes are removed and they are made to lie on a table. A series of physical, mental, and productive procedures are then administered to the subjects. People’s physical bodies are probed and examined. Sperm is taken, eggs are harvested.

The aliens perform staring procedures during which they gaze into abductees’ eyes at a distance of only an inch or two. These “mindscan” procedures appear to be neurological manipulations which give the aliens the ability to “enter into” peoples’ minds.

After the table procedures, abductees report that they are sometimes taken into other rooms where they are required to have skin on skin contact with unusual looking babies. Abductees say that these babies seem to be crosses between humans and aliens. They call them “hybrids.” Abductees also see hybrid toddlers, older youth, adolescents, and adults.
Sometimes abductees report that they are required to perform tasks, that they are “tested” in some way. They say that machines are brought in to examine them. They sometimes are required to have a form of sexual intercourse with other humans, and sometimes with adolescent and adult hybrids. They are returned to their normal environment and within seconds, they forget what has just happened to them. “

The individual abductee accounts are far more detailed, not all are UFO related, some have to do with Underground bases. Dr. Jacobs says that after all these years of research and putting the pieces together, he can see a picture emerging. It looks like there is a program in the works with a certain goal and that producing offspring may be one of the objectives behind the abduction phenomenon for the purpose of creating a Hybrid Race.

Some skeptics blame Jacobs for inducing his own “belief system” through Hypnotherapy into his clients and therefore creating “false” abduction accounts. However, this doesn’t hold up with the evidence Jacobs and other researchers have come up with, much of it even without the use of any Hypnotherapy. It only shows that skeptics haven’t really looked into the research and are more trying to validate their own belief system, rather than objectively looking for truth. In regards to the typical Debunking of the Abduction phenomena, be it through the Scientific or “Spiritual” Community, Jacobs writes:

“In my forty years of UFO research, the last twenty of which spent studying the abduction phenomenon, I have learned a simple evidence truism: All debunkers make one or more of three fundamental mistakes: They do not know the evidence, they ignore the evidence, or they distort the evidence.Any one of these errors would be catastrophic and perhaps even scientifically dishonest when writing about something of accepted scientific consequence. Leaving in mistakes is tantamount to ignoring or to distorting the evidence. Unfortunately, when it comes to abductions, all debunkers comply with the evidence truism. There are no exceptions. “

Dr. Rick Strassman, author of “DMT – The Spirit Molecule” hypothesizes that Alien Abductions are brought on by the accidental release of DMTproduced by the pineal gland inside the brain. While conducting DMT research in the 1990s at the University of New Mexico, Dr. Strassman advanced the theory that a massive release of DMT from the pineal gland prior to death or near death was the cause of the near death experience (NDE) phenomenon. Several of his test subjects reported NDE-like audio or visual hallucinations, while others  also reported contact with ‘other beings’, alien like, insectoid or reptilian in nature, in highly advanced technological environmentswhere the subjects were ‘carried’, ‘probed’, ‘tested’, ‘manipulated’, ‘dismembered’, ‘taught’, ‘loved’ and even ‘raped’ by these ‘beings’.

It is interesting to note how similar the accounts of his test subjects (who were administered DMT intravenously)  are in comparison to what can be found in abduction research. DMT certainly is a Mystery molecule that seems to open doorways to another world/reality. However, Strassman’s theory, that abduction experiences are caused by the accidental release of DMT, seems to be short-sighted when taking a closer look into the Alien abductions scenario.

A respected researcher and abductee herself had been Karla Turner, Ph.D. She authored three books on the abduction phenomenon, “Into the Fringe” (1992), “Taken” (1994), and “Masquerade of Angels” (1994). Dr. Karla Turner died of a strange fast-acting cancer in 1996, after being threatened for her work. She was just 48 years old.

Dr. Turner confirmed the work of Jacobs, however, she thinks that the creation of a Hybrid race is not the whole picture, as there are many cases of abductions that show different behaviors and agendas. She really must have “struck a chord”, as she was harassed by agents and military alike throughout her life until her death. According to her research Dr. Turner believes that humans are being used as a “resource” by these aliens in many ways:

“The evidence shows that the aliens do harvest from us in a number of ways, emotionally and energetically as well as physically. There are even reported scenarios of facilities in which human bodies are “processed,” and many such reports come from people unfamiliar with ufological literature.”

Here is part of a list she put together based on countless abduction accounts, research and analysis:

In every instance from this list, there are multiple reports from unrelated cases, confirming that such bizarre details are not the product of a single deranged mind.
These details are convincing evidence that, contrary to the claims of many UFO researchers, the abduction experience isn’t limited to a uniform pattern of events. This phenomenon simply can’t be explained in terms of cross-breeding experiments or scientific research into the human physiology.

• Aliens can alter our perception of our surroundings.

• Aliens can control what we think we see. They can appear to us in any number of guises and shapes.

• Aliens can take us–our consciousness–out of our physical bodies, disable our control of our bodies, install one of their own entities, and use our bodies as vehicles for their own activities before returning our consciousness to our bodies.

• Aliens can be present with us in an invisible state and can make themselves only partially visible.

• Aliens take body fluids from our necks, spines, blood veins, joints such as knees and wrists, and other places. They also inject unknown fluids into various parts of our bodies.

• A surprising number of abductees suffer from serious illnesses they didn’t have before their encounters. These have led to surgery, debilitation, and even death from causes the doctors can’t identify.

• Some abductees experience a degeneration of their mental, social, and spiritual well-being. Excessive behavior frequently erupts, such as drug abuse, alcoholism, overeating, and promiscuity. Strange obsessions develop and cause the disruption of normal life and the destruction of personal relationships.

• Aliens show a great interest in adult sexuality, child sexuality, and in inflicting physical pain on abductees.

• Abductees recall being instructed and trained by aliens. This training may be in the form of verbal or telepathic lessons, slide shows, or actual hands-on instruction in the operation of alien technology.

• Abductees report being taken to facilities in which they encounter not only aliens but also normal-looking humans, sometimes in military uniforms, working with the alien captors.

• Abductees often encounter more than one sort of alien during an experience, not just the grays. Every possible combination of gray, reptoid, insectoid, blond, and widow’s peak have been seen during single abductions, aboard the same craft or in the same facility.

• Abductees report seeing other humans in these facilities being drained of blood, being mutilated, flayed, and dismembered, stacked, lifeless like cords of wood. Some abductees have been threatened that they, too, will end up in this condition if they don’t co-operate with their alien captors.

• Aliens have forced their human abductees to have sexual intercourse with aliens and even with other abductees while groups of aliens observe these performances. In such encounters, the aliens have sometimes disguised themselves in order to gain the cooperation of the abductee, appearing in such forms as Jesus, the Pope, certain celebrities, and even the dead spouses of the abductees.

• Aliens make predictions of an imminent period of global chaos and destruction. They say that a certain number of humans will be “rescued” from the planet in order to continue the species, either on another planet or back on earth after the destruction is over. Many abductees report they don’t believe their alien captors and foresee instead a much more sinister use of the “rescued” humans.
END SNIP

AND AGAIN FROM TURNER
SNIP:
Benevolent?

“Before we allow ourselves to believe in the benevolence of the alien interaction we should ask, do enlightened beings need to use the cover of night to perform good deeds? Do they need to paralyze us and render us helpless to resist? Do angels need to steal our fetuses? Do they need to manipulate our children’s genitals and probe our rectums? Are fear, pain, and deception consistent with high spiritual motives?”

– Dr. Karla Turner
END SNIP

I encourage all to read the entire article here:

https://tinyurl.com/y6rl6mbk

--

Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

Funny but I do think its also linked to astrology...

Robertz Caffer
Robertz Caffer
@robert-caffer
last year
27 posts

OMG! I just realized that on my avatar pic (the blue one) there is a UFO on it. O ....M.....G !! :-)

michelle
@michelle
last year
266 posts
Also a word on depending too much on the medium of videos, movies and in this older book, TV.

I'm from an older generation who experienced tv as a new media to convey info [or pleasure] I read the book by Jerry Mander, "Four Arguements For the Elimination of Television," many, many years ago; it is still in print and IMO should be required reading, especially for younger people. I raised my son without tv and I nearly always get my info from reading. When you read, it is no different than deep thinking and you control the information that gets put into your mind. Visual medial is a passive endeavor, where it ALL goes into memory, forever.

FROM THE BOOK:
The book Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television (1977) by Jerry Mander presents a compelling position that there are a number of problems with the medium of television. Its author argues that many of the problems with television are inherent in the medium and technology itself, and thus cannot be reformed. In specific, the technology of television is not a neutral, benign instrument, or tool. The author argues that in varied technologies and institutions such as militaries, automobiles, nuclear power plants, mass production, and advertising, the basic form of the institution and the technology determines its interaction with the world, the way it will be used, the kind of people who use it, and to what ends.

Mr. Mander maintains that far from being “neutral,” television predetermines who shall use it, how they will use it, what effects it will have on individual lives, and, if it continues to be widely used, what sorts of political forms will inevitably emerge. Mr. Mander’s four arguments are as follows:

The first argument is that while television may seem useful, interesting, and worthwhile, at the same time it further boxes people into a physical and mental condition appropriate for the emergence of autocratic control.

The second argument concerns the emergence of the controllers. That television would be used and expanded by the present powers-that-be was inevitable, and should have been predictable at the outset. The technology permits no other controllers.

The third argument concerns the effects of television upon individual human bodies and minds, effects which fit the purposes of the people who control the medium.

The fourth argument demonstrates that television has no democratic potential. The technology itself places absolute limits on what may pass through it. The medium, in effect, chooses its own content from a very narrow field of possibilities. The effect is to drastically confine all human understanding within a rigid channel.
------------
AGAIN, consider the same for all visual transmissions of information.....michelle

--

Want to reply? Login here

Help for Empaths

empath book