Near Death Experiences?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
1,105 posts

I found this very interesting article on NDE where the author says science cannot explain these events. It's a great read so enjoy and please share your near death experience if you have one.

https://nypost.com/article/five-percent-have-had-near-death-experiences-research/

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
5 months ago
1,468 posts

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it. There are loads of IANDS videos on YouTube if anyone wants to go in depth on some of these NDEs. I was declared dead once, but don't remember anything like this. I wish I did! To me it seems obvious we are stuffing a mere fraction of ourselves into magnificent, but nevertheless very limiting physical brains when we come to earth. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
5 months ago
204 posts

It's interesting that you bring this up now, Hop. I had been thinking about the moment in my life where it took a major turn. The impact on my belief structure, and the reassessment of my place in the world. Although, I wouldn't call it a NDE. I have had plenty of those close calls thinking "Hmm, I could have died". Car accidents, trees falling close to me, near lightning strikes, and so on. What I like to read about is actual death experiences where we are some how brought back to life. It shouldn't happen. We see death as utterly final. It's hard to get your mind past the fact that we can come back from it.

Mine was a 50ft fall at 19 years old. I didn't get back up. I laid there on the concrete for 8 hours without moving until I heard a voice that said "Wake up". I can't tell you a cool story of floating around or visiting heaven or anything like that. For the life of me I simply can't remember. All I recall was being on the top level of the school and immediately waking up the next morning at the bottom of the court yard trying to push myself up to assess what happened. It was as if no time had past. 

What changed my mind for me was not the death part of it, it was the aftermath. Here I was in the court yard of a school in the middle of summer. No one knew I was there. No one was coming to rescue me. I was severely broken and completely on my own. I had a choice to make, either fight to live, or suffer and die a slow excruciating final death. Before this I didn't value my life. I threw it away thinking a nihilistic thought; There is no purpose in it. 

I was mad at God for bringing me back. I could have peacefully checked out of existence, but no, I was denied that ending. It took a full 24 hours of moving through the school with a shattered leg and a broken back, not mention the knock on the head and many other broken bones. Rescue came in the form of a cop that cuffed me thinking I was a burglar. The point is after this experience I started to look at life differently. Not just mine, but the lives of others. I told this story recently to a friend who's facing 4th stage cancer. At the end I said to him, Death is easy, it's life that's hard. Fight to live. It all has a purpose. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
5 months ago
1,468 posts

Zacharias,

That was beautifully written! You might think about doing something with it, or with writing in general....just a thought. 

We moved!

After almost 15 years of discussions, the Empath Community has retired!

Join our private Facebook group to continue the conversation! 

empath book