After 15 years of inspiring discussions, Elise's Empath Community has retired!

Join our private Facebook group to continue the conversation! 

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 2.26.14 PM.png

Breathing meditation

Layla
Layla
@layla
7 months ago
37 posts

Has anyone tried breathing meditation or singing through meditation techniques- like from the naval, not the throat chakras?

I heard someone and they are so good at it. Kinda jealous so wanted to develop that... any links on where I can learn from would be greatly appreciated..

AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
7 months ago
27 posts

Search Google. For me the main trick in meditation is focus. Try this. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Focus on just one thing for 10 minutes not allowing any other thought in. Stop when your timer buzzer goes off. According to most martial artists; if you can do that, you are able to do many things and is considered a powerful person.

Illuminous Ops
Illuminous Ops
@illuminous-ops
7 months ago
25 posts

I have a guide to 3 different meditation techniques.  The third is how to do breathing techniques.  This does not incorporate singing or focus on chakras, but I think you will find it a good guide to using breathing techniques, mudras and posture.  Skip down to part 4.

https://magus56.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/basics-of-meditation/

Layla
Layla
@layla
7 months ago
37 posts
@alanjespen any example of what you focus on?

What areas in life would this be good for practising?

Illuminous-ops I will read it in my spare time. Thanks for sharing..
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
7 months ago
27 posts

It can be anything, a corner of a table, a picture, anything. The trick is doing it for 10 minutes. The first few times may be difficult but, once you can do this for 10 minutes; you will find that you can do most anything you set your mind on. For instance, projecting calm to the distraught or disturbed, love to those who feel unloved, happiness to those who are sad, ext. It will help you in most any area of empathy as well as any other task you focus on!

Layla
Layla
@layla
7 months ago
37 posts
Ok, I wouldn't know how to send energy as u described. I did try it though but it seems distancing. Will keep trying and see how it goes.

Can People send instructions or anger in the same way?

I really want to develop breathing though kind of like devotional singing. But I get nervous around others. And getting snappy from shouting I believe affects my throat vocal cords to sing...
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
7 months ago
27 posts

I have never known a listener who couldn't also talk. The trick is to focus on the emotion you want to convey. Let it fill you up. Then push it onto the other person and keep pushing until the other person receives it. To answer your other question; yes, empathy is a form of communication. The thing to understand is that it has to come from your heart. Animals have always used empathy as a form of communication. That is how dogs and cats know how their owner is feeling even when they try to put up a good front. When you speak from your heart, they can pick up on your emotions and determine to a degree what it is you are communicating. As far as singing for breathing and meditation; I would recommend a shower or out in the woods near a stream of water. When I was in the Navy, nothing was more calming then being on the deck watching the water. It's movements was always so peaceful.

Layla
Layla
@layla
7 months ago
37 posts
That's a peaceful and harmonious approach... definitely need to get away.

However at least 6 months abstinence from raising my voice. It's a starter to gain control and focus on more mindful techniques
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
7 months ago
27 posts

That is good! Keep it up! One thing to remember about this and I had to learn this in dealing with people who just discovered their gift is that it takes time to develop those gifts. I was this way since I was born. You don't give a newborn a bat, gloves, and a ball and expect it to be a starter for the New York Yankees. Things take time to develop but it does get easier with time.

After almost 15 years of discussions, the Empath Community has retired!

Join our private Facebook group to continue the conversation! 

Need help? Read this book!

empath book

More from The Left Brain Intuitive