Uncontrolled crying

Layla
Layla
@layla
3 months ago
37 posts

Hello all, how are you coping during covid/lockdown? 

How are you all managing for those of you who

are single? 

Couples?

Parents?

Single parents?

Working?

Going through separation?

Holding up extra work to help the local communities?

Just feel lots of sadness for everyone. Especially for single moms. Primarily because they want to be in relationships whilst being independent but I have 0 tips on dating and how to advise them on going about it.

I cried thinking of someone; they were happy, proud, love tears. It's getting more noticable. I can't really say what caused it. 

I've been in recovery for for the last few years. My body is handling stress differently, I'm using my gut instincts differently and it's frustrating when I get offered petty ways of coping or told that theres stuff on my mind that isn't. I'm just happy and content. I don't deserve anymore than that.

Does anybody have anything they want to talk about? I would love the company. 

What are we doing to remain positive? I decided to include a new skill set to help me ground my emotions and how to learn to converse through counselling skills. It's not going very well but 1 baby step at a time.

Love and prayers to you all 💛

AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
3 months ago
27 posts

To all my friends and fellow empaths; 

Having the advantage of growing up in a community of empaths, descended from empaths, and have ancestors who are empaths it appears that you are now aware of the fact that we, especially, need others in our lives. As a result, I will teach you a simple trick. It allows for long distance empathic communication. It utilizes the power of meditation and is very powerful. It allows you to see the other person and for the other person to see you once you communicate. It is kind of like a long distance telephone call without the embarrassment of calling while the other person, otherwise, busy with something else (it is called "courtesy"). It accesses the fifth dimension which our own poets say is where all the yesterdays and all the tomorrows, all the heres and all the theres are all located at one place; kind of like a merchants bag, where one can trade one for the other as easily as dropping one gold coin into the bag and picking up another. As a result, the one negative is that things like locations, longitudes, and latitudes have no meaning. If you want to think about a location, think about a landmark that has meaning to you like for Paris; the Eiffel Tower. The first few times of doing this will be difficult but, afterwards, becomes second nature, like breathing. First, relax your whole body. You are using a different part of your mind to make this happen. The government use to use this in their secret projects using psychic gifts until they realize it's disadvantage with location references. When it was first taught to me, it was to think to yourself "feet relax" then using that command for every part of your body as you go up from the feet. When you get to the relaxed meditative state with your whole body; then think of the person you wish to contact by meditating on all the person is to you. For the first few times, it helps if you have a photograph. Don't force, don't push, just meditate and focus! Like I said, you are using a different part of your brain for this. When a connection is made, and it will, be patient, you will see them, then touch them and they will see you. Do this and you will never be alone unless you choose to. This is my contribution to you all! I hope this helps! Thank you for accepting me!

Sincerely,

Your friend and fellow empath,

Alan J Jepsen    

gothceltgirl
@gothceltgirl
3 months ago
14 posts

Hello Layla, my name is actually Layla as well. I love meeting other Laylas. We're a rare & special group.

I understand the uncontrolled crying. I was like that when I was little. While I have no actual advice, I am here & love meeting & talking w/new people.

Honestly I'm not coping with all of this very well at all. Although I did manage to go to the health department website & register to receive my vaccine. So that's good.

I've been out of touch for a good long while, as I've been trying to focus on housing & online communication takes more mental effort w/o the same level of reward, at least for me. So I haven't really had the energy to communicate. Housing appliacations wear me out. I also managed to get some, very brief, VA work. And I'm gonna look for more b/c living her is making me way too depressed. I went shopping yesterday & that didn't even cheer me up. Buying stuff always cheers me up. Of course, it's not stuff I really want as much as need. And I can't fit into any of my pretty things ATM, so that doesn't help.

I'm honestly dying for a night out & a (healthy) way to blow off steam.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
246 posts
@layla I use grounding stones to help with the crying. They help remove me from the energy. At the very least with strong energy I am given the space to recognize it is not mine and then I can chose to accept it or not.

The stones I like are shungite and hematite. I wear them on two different necklaces. I also keep two shungite stones under my pillow when I sleep. I carry a hematite stone in each pocket so that I can hold them when I need a little extra help. To give the a boost I use astrophyllite. Although the last one can amplify things so I have to be careful with it. The stones I have are very small. On rough days I sleep with the necklaces still on.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
246 posts
@alanjepsen I will try this.
Layla
Layla
@layla
3 months ago
37 posts
Thanks for your responses @alanjespen and @gothceltgirl..

I'm finding myself really drained from reading posts (literally anywhere). Anyone know why this is?

Like I'm sensing the energy everyone puts aside to help others- that's just how it feels.

I cant afford Crystal's/stones or anything just yet so I'm waiting. Usually they do they're magic as they're supposed to but it's not something I'm attuned/trained to recognise.

How are you all with the vaccines? That seems like a very controversial topic amongst many both in light of good/bad.

I've tried dancing/listening to music to blow off steam.

Watching stuff on tv etc. Some stuff zaps me out so I can't concentrate and have to switch off.
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
3 months ago
27 posts

Layla, for me, honest prayer always works for me. God gave us this gift. In the bible, it falls under "Gift of Discernment". No two people have the same gift the same way. If you read the Gospels, you will find that Jesus doesn't heal everyone the same way. Every person is different and is treated differently. I find my strength in God. When I do, things like this don't bother me. The bible says that the spirits are subject to the prophets. We have power over the spirits. However, Jesus has warned us that some do not go away except by prayer and fasting. That is my recommendation.

Layla
Layla
@layla
3 months ago
37 posts
You will have to pardon my knowledge around the bible. But yes I partly agree. It has many benefits (fasting and prayers).

Many times I have taken religious knowledge out of context. Especially when I'm angry anything and everything I've learnt just disappears within a blink of an eye. I have to re start and re-educate myself. It's frustrating at times because I feel as though I'm alone where sometimes people around me may endeavour on such knowledge as part of fashion, but for me it's more of a wholesome travel in the depths of diversity around culture, ethnicity, religious and non- religious beliefs.

Sometimes scrutinised for it but I've gotten used it..
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
3 months ago
27 posts

I use the bible and Jesus because, among other things, so many other religions revert to Him and His teachings like Islam, Buddha, Hindu, and so many others. Jesus only taught for 3 years before He was crucified yet those 3 years affected so many people, so many lives, for so many centuries. Your question was actually answered by a parable He taught. It is called the parable of the sower. The situation were all these people came to listen to Him. There was a huge crowd. Mark 4:3-15 " Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:

4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts."

It is like when you have a test in school but you don't study the material. You forget it! Same with anything. If you don't use it; you lose it! Don't take things out of context because there is so much in the context that it would amaze you. It was through my coming to God that I really got a handle on this empathy thing better than even my family and anyone in the community that I came from.

Layla
Layla
@layla
3 months ago
37 posts
Wow that's amazing. I need to find some verses that I feel I can connect to. Normally I'm just trying to understand.

Yes need to work on the context stuff but that's what I mean when I feel as though I'm being put on the spot even if I had taken notes it doesn't really make a difference to my memory retention. It will all vanish in the blink of an eye.

That's just how I have always been.
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
3 months ago
27 posts

In the Old Testament, it talked about two stones that were placed on the shoulders of the High Priest. They were like dice. When they couldn't get a message through prophesy or vision; they would pray that God would provide a perfect lot and they would cast lots or, in modern lingo, throw dice. It was kind of like the early 8 ball that kids have nowadays. Jewish kids now have the same thing that look like wooden tops with writing on the sides that serve the same purpose. Now did your father ever tried to take over whatever you were doing or did he give you space until you asked for his help or whenever it looked like you were attempting more than you could handle? The same with God. Ask Him honestly and He will be happy to help you with the scriptures or anything else for that matter. You would be amazed at what will happen.

Layla
Layla
@layla
3 months ago
37 posts
Never really had any issues with my dad. How about you?

That's something I've actually forgotten to do. Asking higher powers for prayers. Usually prayers are for other.
AlanJepsen
AlanJepsen
@alanjepsen
3 months ago
27 posts

There are different types of prayers but, simply put, you can't expect to get help if you don't ask for it!

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
519 posts
The covid lock down was almost a blessing to me. I am able to work from home, and garden outside. During covid I was pregnant and had a baby, and became sad not being able to enjoy fully the pregnancy as it is a life event you want to share with loved ones. It was a blessing to not be around qlot of people during this hard time. I still struggled with picking up on fears and anxiety, but the gardening really helped ground me. Maybe being pregnant and concerned about my unborn baby put president over anything else.

I had to minimize social media alot! But I did comment back to people who were complaining about covid and remind them of all your questions above. For them to hopefully feel empathy for those struggling with living alone, trapped in apartments, no outdoor space etc. After a while I couldnt do it anymore.

I have had uncontrollable crying for years, it feels different than things going on in my life that would fall under uncontrollable crying.
Layla
Layla
@layla
2 months ago
37 posts
Thanks @tigerlilly. I'm alot better now but I have learnt that I may possibly have anxiety which is a struggle for me because I'm not able to mask as well as others or ground. Otd not officially diagnosed so we shall see what the docs say.

X2 in the last month iv had to just lay down and let it pass. It's good that I do mindful breathing exercises anyway so when it kicks in 2nd nature takes over and relaxes my mind.

I love how people can do gardening! I've never had the patience for it but it's something I have always wanted to do with children.

Some reflections taught me that it's not entirely empathy linked. But linked with a meditative mind. Example, I normally have a habit of reassuring myself, even though I'm a very sensitive person. Anything major in life happens I tend to forget the fact that I'm human and have emotional experiences/needs etc but not always confident in them being expressed around others. So my natural instinct normally kicks in with what the primary issues are and tend to those and then my emotions tend to seep through kind of like gradual tears instead of a burst of tears depending on the circumstances. And they usually clear within seconds. And it's a gradual experience in feeling how it affects my heart.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
519 posts
@layla I have anxiety as well. Lavender essential oil helped me. It would calm me down enough to stop panic attacks, I did dab a lot of it on the carpet, sit on the sofa, and let the scent take over. Within 15 minutes I was chill again.
Layla
Layla
@layla
2 months ago
37 posts
That's cool I have some also now that I'm going to try. Iv'e had a couple of near passing out episodes with severe physical effects. They're not entirely frequent or regular episodes but lots of triggers that I'm super conscious of and it's not safe or practical for me to be relying on anything other.

I don't handle stress/pressure very well normally especillay when I'm around others who expect more or want to hold certain things against me for whatever immoral reason. so see how it goes. It's an important time to re-establish boundaries that iv'e been working on and allowing to make myself not feel guilty about.

Or others to make me feel that way.

We moved!

After almost 15 years of discussions, the Empath Community has retired!

Join our private Facebook group to continue the conversation! 

empath book