Overcoming fear of the news

Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
8 months ago
276 posts

With everything that is going on with the Corona virus, this is a good time to remind all empaths of a few basics:

  1. The easiest way to keep people under control is to keep them in fear.
  2. The role of the media is to hype everything as being worse than it is and so increase the level of fear in the world.
  3. Being in fear only suppresses your immune system.
  4. The fear you may be feeling these days as an empath is NOT yours! Wherever you live, you are almost certainly surrounded by many people who are living in fear. The current news is only amplifying that fear. - Let it go! - Remember, you are far more emotionally healthy than you give yourself credit for. 
  5. Love is the most powerful antidote for fear. Nurture your love for everyone on the planet.
  6. Forgiveness is another strong antidote for fear. A reminder of the Hawaiian technique of ho'opononpono: "I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you".
  7. Service is yet another strong antidote. Who can you be of service to today?
  8. And lastly, non-attachment. Most of all non-attachment to this human body. We are eternal spiritual beings having a human experience. No matter how good the movie is, sooner or later we all have to leave the cinema.

Be well. Bathe in love.
Many blessings,
Trevor


updated by @trevor-lewis: 06/14/20 09:29:02AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
1,099 posts

@trevor-lewis :

Thanks for the very timely post. It's likely to be another 2-3 months of Coronavirus hype and fallout. And then we'll be in the thick of US election season which is expected to practically tear the country in two. So there's lots for empaths to be concerned about energy-wise.

One think I do that has really helped is I stopped listening to the radio while driving and do my best to avoid or limit the news when I watch TV. In my car I have found Audible audio books a great diversion. And if you can't afford that, most libraries offer free audio books on CD. The reason I bring this up is that empaths are powerful energy forces all by ourselves. If we get charged up from drama in our own life or things we expose ourselves to, it boomerangs and weighs us down. It can also push people away from you as they react to your energy. And when you have that plus all the dysfuctional energy from people around us, it can be very rough. Ever since I stopped listening to the news while driving my stress levels and ability to cope with empath stuff has improved immensely. Now I look forward to driving with some nice stories in the background.

Matthew Elsey
Matthew Elsey
@matthew
8 months ago
33 posts

Stone cold truth Trevor.

I watch netflix and YouTube to learn new things like how to play guitar and make jewelery and teach my puppies to come when I call them (still working on that) avoid the LIES as much as humanly possible. But yes things have been tough these last two weeks a lot of people buying into the fear I mean how many people have died in car accidents in the same time frame it's all bulls"/t to control a population.

Its so hard to avoid it people Well rant over just look at Your life 99.99% of The news lies have absolutely no effect on your life. No really think about it and the other 0.01% is completely out of your control...rant now definitely over.

Much love Matthew


updated by @matthew: 03/10/20 03:28:15PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
7 months ago
1,099 posts

Well, definitely start turning off the news now!

michelle
@michelle
7 months ago
266 posts
Excellent advice @trevor-lewis!


--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

Help for Empaths

empath book

Keep in touch!

facebookIcon.png iconTwitter.png