Conflicting Advice on Healing

Jan Howorth
Jan Howorth
@jan-howorth
2 weeks ago
14 posts

Hi I’m looking for some advice on some conflicting advice I have had on my healing abilities. I have been able to heal for 30 plus years but not really bothered about it, but due to being ill a few years ago I got into Reiki and rose up to Master 6 months ago. My Master said I had always been able to heal and was channelling Reiki from the start. I set up a website and have adverts on the top line in yell and at my local Asda/Walmart in a prominent position. Six months later I have had 1 customer. I understand I may not be ready yet but my intentions have always been to be a healer.

In order to raise my vibration further I have been attending a local Meetup meeting of like minded people who want to chat about spiritual awakening. The chair is a lady who says she is connected to source and has been for ages. I had a private session with her and she said the reason why I have no business, and this is from source is that I am not being “authentic”. She says I am a natural healer and Reiki was invented by Mr Usui a few hundred years ago and it was his journey not mine. I should be my own healer and advertise as this and not advertise Reiki healing. 

It took a leap of faith, I have always been a scientist and wanted proof of things, to believe in the “force” that is Reiki and have had lots of proof since. Now I am being asked to discard it and go back to being just me as a healer and do that. I can’t distinguish between the two anymore and I don’t know what is what and which direction to go.

She says there is a paradigm shift going on and people will come to me because I am an authentic healer and I don’t need a certificate saying I can do it.  Her advice was to advertise on local Fb as a healer and ask for people one day a week. Just do what I feel I need to and word of mouth will get me the business I need to live, donations only. I understand this but I am struggling with the definition of the healing I am doing. The Empath in me is just a bit suspicious of her, she said I needed to drink water, which I hate with avengence and if I don’t look after myself how can I expect source to look after me?  Are they words to come from a pure love source? I pride myself in being able to spot lies/bull and something just rings the bell when she speaks.

I don’t really know what I can do to understand the dilemma and hope you can shed some light on it for me. I want to move forward but I’m at an impasse!

Just replies on here please no private messages.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 weeks ago
968 posts

Hi...usually when I hear advice about anything contrary to how I'm living...or something that just rubs me the wrong way etc....I don't shrug it off completely....I leave it on a back burner some where....I too am not trained in anything yet in my heart I know I am a healer....an old one...lol...i don't have the formal training they think you need to be a healer...yet I am one... but I don't do much in the way of healing others In a formal capacity...i wouldn't worry too much about what she said however...because she forgets that you are on your own path and this is what you've chosen to do...and it's ok for you to follow this path as long as you are happy doing it...you are a healer and how you've chosen to do that is your choice...that's all....you don't have a dilema...she may have said it just to make you question yourself because she may have a jealous bone in her body...so don't take it personal and do what feels right for you not because of what she said...but because it calls to you and it feels right...before she said anything did your choices feel right?...also...if you are finding it difficult shaking her presence off you might wanna remove any energy links connecting her to you from your energy field...by the roots....root pulling....sometimes your problem may be caused by something else completely...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/29/18 12:58:12PM
Jan Howorth
Jan Howorth
@jan-howorth
6 days ago
14 posts

Thanks for the reply. She said Reiki was a stepping stone in my journey to being an "authentic healer" and I should move on from it. I can't get past the fact that I've had no business from it despite all the advertising and promotion I have done. I organised a Reiki demonstration on a local estate and no-one came!. I am trying to ask spirit what to do but I can't seem to work anything out. The choices felt right except for not getting clients.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book