Two Questions... Star and Dangers of Meditation???

To post a reply, login or signup

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

Hi Everyone,

I have been meditating with crystals for 3 days in a row. I've meditated in the past, but now I'm pretty serious about it. I'm partly meditating because it calms my mind so much and partly for healing. While meditating the first day I saw nothing, the second day I described in a previous post and last night all I saw was a star. I read that this was the mind's eye. Is this true?

Also, I found this page on dangers of meditation and wanted to know what you guys think about it. Is it good advice, or should there be more advice on it?

http://simonarich.com/meditation-dangers

Thanks so much

Peace!

Rhonda

updated by @4peace: 03/18/17 06:27:55AM
4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

Hi

This is the only meditation group I could find???

Thanks,

Rhonda

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the article and the poster. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it. I already do three different types of meditation, I was just never consistent with it. I like around an hour of meditation although sometimes it's hard to do it that long. Right now I'm off work until next month, so it's pretty easy to do a long meditation.

Peace,

Rhonda

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

My apologies you posted in the right group. I thought it was posted on the main page.

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

Hi 4 peace. That article is bullsh**. There can be dangers of going too deeply too quickly but I doubt you are doing that. If you start to feel in any way unbalanced just slow down on the meditation.

You can have lots of strange experiences but none should be feared. Visions can be meaningful sometimes but often are just the mind's activity. There is another post in this group that discusses this...actually many posts. Do a search on nimittas for more information.

Metta and breath meditations are totally safe and are the ones most often taught to beginners. Meditations on colors, gems, space, light and some others are thought to more often contribute to supernatural powers (or an increase in them) but really that's nothing to fear. .

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book