Rocking feeling during meditation

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Sometimes about halfway through my meditation I will begin to feel as though my whole body is rocking. Not from side to side though, more like head to toe. It feels like my head is thrown back and then thrust forward as my feet go back. Sometimes it's so strong I get nauseous and have to open my eyes. As soon as I open my eyes the feelig subsides in a matter of seconds. Does this happen to anyone else? Why does this happen? Do I have some kind of block or am I doing something incorrectly?
updated by @emmy-long: 05/31/17 03:20:25AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Emmy,

From my understanding this is actually normal.

It means that you are connecting with the universal energy & that the energy is flowing through you.

I'm not sure if you are doing a specific guided meditation cd, etc. but the stronger the energy flowing through the more your may rock for a bit,

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Nothing that I'm aware of consciously is scaring me. I do occasionally get panic attacks at movie theaters and this doesn't feel like those. Typically I lie on my back on my bed with my eyes closed and my palms up. I'll either put on meditation sounds or a guided meditation depending on what I'm trying to accomplish. Usually I just try to relax and fo us on breathing and clearing out my energy.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Some meditation & other cds, etc. actually have subliminal frequencies in them which can heighten the energy frequency, which is what the cds, audio, etc. needs to do in order to attain, achieve, etc. what it is supposed to accomplish on the product's packaging.

Example : My S/O has a specific cd (It's a Higher Consciousness Meditation Cd) that tells him he is about to enter a golden triangle, he must first ask permission, etc.

He use to rock when he first started that cd, he doesn't anymore.

Some people actually go into a deep sleep state when they meditate & will wake up an hour later & not remember what happened past a specific part of the meditation.

When we sleep our minds are still working, even through we may not remember , that doesn't mean that our subconscious didn't retain the information that it received while we were asleep, in a meditative sleep, etc.

As with any type of media (audio, visual, text, etc.) I always recommend people to make sure that they research a product before using, purchasing, etc.

This way you know what to expect, even though different things affect people differently, at least you have a general idea of what to expect, reviews, etc.

Best of luck <3

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Thank you I had no idea they could do that. I haven't actually bought anything yet. I use youtube to find guided meditations because I'm a poor college student right now. Is it safe to use these videos? I'm new to meditation and so I figured it would be easier to learn with those than on my own.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I meant to put this on your other comment, sorry for the confusion. I'm using my phone's internet right now.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Emmy,

Even if you are using videos from you tube, you can still do a search on the video to see if it has good or bad feedback.

Just type the name of the video into an internet search engine, (Google, etc.) and see what you come up with.

You can usually find out who made the music or video, what cd or video it is from, etc. (not just the youtube user or uploaded it, but who actually made the song. meditation, etc.) in the info or about section of the video if it isn't listed in the title.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
All of these responses have been so helpful. Thank you to everyone. I think now I have to figure out what, out of all of these possibilities,is actually happening for me. But I have some great places to start. I never knew about cleansing the energy of the place you meditate or about the energy frequencies they can put in the guided meditations or about the valerian root for panic attacks. I'm so excited that I have found this place and began learning. Thank you again everyone for all of the help.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Emmy,

Here is a link to Deepak Chopra's Free 21 Day Meditation Stream

http://www.chopra.com/ccl-meditation/21dmc/free-stream.html

Hopefully it may be useful to you.

Huggs <3

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading