Meditation properly

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
When I first started meditating , a couple of months ago, I really wasn't doing it properly. My body was completely straight the height of the chair wasn't exactly right but I got more out of meditating then than now, as I am trying to correctly align my body. I cannot sit on the ground and cross my legs due to my knee problems. So I use a chair. How important is to be straightly aligned?
updated by @rene: 02/23/17 09:33:47AM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hello!

Honestly, I do not really think it makes a difference too much. Because this is all about relaxation and having a little vacation from your mind and thoughts. I lay on the floor most of the time, this is most comfortable to me when I am stressed and need a mental break. Sometimes I sit up, but I always try to find a comfortable position that I can work with. Certain kinds of meditation I guess you do need to have a straight align, but unless you are doing those, do what is best for you and what feels best.

Lots of Love,

Kaitlyn xxx

My Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/indigoteen?_rdr=p

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Thank you Kaitlyn. Trying to sit up completely straight distracting me. I put a pillow behind me but still not comfortable. I guess it's years of bad posture.
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I've have trouble these days with neck pain that makes it really hard. Lately I've decided that good enough is just going to have to do, since I'm never really comfortable. I think you can get used to using whatever position you set your mind to but it can be challenging. I don't think you have to be straightly aligned...just a position that keeps you from falling asleep and yet is comfortable enough that you can let go of the body.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Ok. Thanks. I will stop worrying. Thanks

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book