Sleep Problems

To post a reply, login or signup

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I think many of us have problems with sleep, including me. I once read a great post on here by someone with lots of ideas about coping...but of course now I can't find it. If any of you have suggestions, please add below. I intend to compile them and put them on my page here on EC so they can be easily found in the future.

These 5 am bedtimes are getting to me. . . Thanks for your help in advance:)

updated by @ecila: 07/15/17 09:15:11AM
4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

Are you talking about mystical help or otherwise?

If natural is what you are looking for: have good sleep hygiene (a routine). Go to bed at the same time every night if possible. Do the same routine every night to give your body signals that it's time to settle down. Never drink caffeine or exercise close to bedtime (2 hours I think). Never do anything in bed but sleep - i.e. no t.v. ,etc. Hot baths are great but not close to bedtime because your body temperature is raised unnaturally. No electrical items near your bed at all - clocks, lamps, etc.

A warm drink before bedtime is relaxing. I like hot tea with milk or herbal tea - chamomile is awesome.

Something weird for me is the direction I sleep in. I basically sleep better with my head pointing N-NE. Weird I know, but it's a thing with me.

Now I listen to binaural beats asI go tosleep (with my cell phone) - probably not good because of electrical stuff, but they relax me and usually knocks me out in 20-30 minutes. You can also tense and relax your body starting either head down or feet up.

I've found that working with my crystals before bedtime and grounding makes me have an awesome sleep.

Sorry if that is too much. I teach some of this in my intro psych classes.

Sending peace and light

4peace

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

This is all good stuff. Most of it I have done, except the crystals. And I dont stick to a routine. I will try to put together a routine. Sleeping with the head to the north is advises in feng shui, I believe. I do that, too. I've been checking out binaural beats. Any certain ones that you've found on Youtube that you like? Thanks!

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5EsQZxem_4

I'm new to using the binaural beats for meditation, only been doing it about a month or so. This is the one I use most of the time, I fall asleep before it's finished and usually wake up long enough to take off the headphones :)

One thing I forgot to mention is that the more worked up you get over not sleeping the less you will be able to sleep. Hopefully I've stopped doing that for a while :) Now when I realize I will not be sleeping very well - I just daydream or go into my head. That keeps me from stressing and I will usually get a little sleep.

That is so cool that I'm doing something feng shui and didn't even know it :)

You don't have to do anything fancy for a sleep routine, just try to keep it on time and in order :)

I really need to check into feng shui and seeabout the benefits of it.

4peace

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I must have heard that about sleeping north from some other source, because I just looked it up and it isn't recommended by Feng Shui. Will have to check into that. . . and I moved my bed to be in the northern position...

I will try the link tonight. I keep my laptop by my bed for that purpose. Meditation helps, but my dog (who sleeps at the foot of my bed) knows when I am sitting up, so he wakes up too and pants and scratches, etc....Thanks, 4peace:)

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

You are so welcome :) I hope it helps!

4peace

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I will try to put together a routine. I am also a night person, though. I wake up at night. I have thought that maybe I should just accept it, it's just that the rest of the world and other people aren't on the same schedule. I feel like I can't breath until the other person I live with is asleep. Still, I need to do better than 4-5 am. Right now I am taking gaba and melatonin and sometimes valerian or jasmine tea, but when that doesn't work for several hours, I'll get a xanax, which I do not want to do. I did try that YouTube clip last night and it was a really nice one which relaxed me a lot, but it was one of those resistant nights:(

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I've never heard of a salt lamp but just looked it up and they sound really nice. Thanks! I might get one. I've been doing an hour of yoga and them meditation. I've been doing better until I pulled something in my back with all the yoga:(

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Thanks, PreciousSoul. Baths with Epsom salts used to be very important to me, but now I am staying with my dad who doesn't have a tub...only showers. I have been doing better lately and have been able to meditate better than I was for a while there. Yes, the mind is the problem! More exercise, valerian, melatonin, and Youtube clips have helped, too.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book