saging

To post a reply, login or signup

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

I am surrounded by sage bushes (grey leaves with purple flowers) but I wonder if there is a certain kind of sage needed for the smudging purpose. It would be nice to be able to make my own smudge sticks. Any advice?

updated by @tami: 02/22/17 07:15:22PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Hi Tami,

White sage is predominately used for Smudging, but people have used various types of sage.

Here is an article about Sage for Smudging, I hope it helps:

http://www.sunlandherbs.com/about/sage/

Huggs

Have a nice weekend,

Josette

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts
I'm new at this too. I understand that saging and smudging are the same thing. I have never done it yet but I have done some reading that it rids the negative energy. There is a specific way to do it going clockwise from the front door and doing closets as well. Some people say to open windows while you are doing this to move the negative energy out faster. I have read that people feel a lightness after saging their house. Let me know how it works for you when you do it. :)
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
4 years ago
86 posts

I once did a cleansing/smudging with just incense sticks. The house was miles from any "store" so I just used what I could find. It proved to be quite an emotional experience for my daughters and I. The house held such negative vibes that at one point, I broke down crying. Something quite awful had happened in that room, but we were able to clear it out with just the incense. I think smudging is like almost anything-it is all in the energy. We had powerful, determined energy (it was my daughter's first house and she was determined to live in it with her family in peaceful harmony)

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts
Thanks for sharing your story. It's nice to hear other people's experiences. I'm glad your cleansing experience was successful. I inherited my mother's house. She was a hoarder. There is this heavy feeling in the air that drags me down every time I am there. I can't wait to rid the house of that feeling.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book