My crystals are lifeless

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Except for my clear QuartzI have been using my crystals every day since February. I cleansed them with sage then soaked them for 10 days outside in sea salt then dedicated each one of them. No one one except myself have touched them. They feel like there isn't any life in them except my clear Quartz and my amethyst (to a small degree). I use them during meditation. When I'm not using them, they are stored in a wooden box that I also have cleansed the sage. What am I doing wrong? Do they need to be cleansed or charged again? Any suggestions or techniques would be appreciated. Thanks.
updated by @rene: 05/31/17 03:58:28PM
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
last year
126 posts

Well first off you said you've soaked them for 10 days in a salt water solution(this could be the problem btw) but all crystals are not made for salt water. You must cleanse them with either salt or water, never together. On a chemical level this will only cause erosion to many (and probably most) types of crystals and stones. If these crystals are damaged now by the salt soak. You can only give them time now to heal. This may take some time so stick close by them for a month or so..could be sooner with strong intentions.

Trust me laying them in a bed of pure salt is good enough for a cleanse. But you should not mix a salt and water combination unless you are trying to sanitize them! which I dont think they need ;)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,184 posts

Hi Rene,

I am no expert on crystals, and learned most of what I know of them from other people here at EC. I do have the same problem you do though. I set them in moonlight and the other things you've done, but only two of them make me feel anything, my clear quartz and my rose quartz, both of which make me feel in a better mood and my day tends to go better when I wear one of them.

I have seen several posts here where people have said that we each should pick the stones that resonate with us, and not pay so much attention to general rules about what they are supposed to do. We are all different.

For example, I have a black tourmaline to protect me from awful neighbors. I charge it daily, but I feel far more protection when I wear my rose quartz, so I am trusting that instead. I think it is right for me, but I cannot explain why.

Now I just have to fight my silly preference for being color coordinated, lol. I tend to wear my blue solidite with blue tops, my green aventurine with a green top, my amethyst with a purple top, etc., rather than wear the rose quartz if it clashes with what I have on.

I have learned if I am going to be in a crowd, to make sure I wear the clear or rose quartz, and will change my top to match it, if that is what it takes to wear it. :-)

I hope some of our crystal experts will come and give you a better answer. I look forward to seeing what they say as well, since I have the same problem.

Namaste,

Cheshire Cat

Leafherder
@leafherder
last year
35 posts
It is good to clean your crystals, yes, and that is what you did, but you did not mention charging them. Depending on how you use them, you may not be charging them just because you're meditating with them. They vibrate with whatever energy you give them, be it Reiki or other energy, but you have to charge them up with the energy that makes them sing. (If they like the Beatles and you're only playing Sinatra, so to speak, they're going to get lethargic.) Whenever my crystals feel like they've been locked in a dark room for a long time, I take them out to sit for a day or so in the bright sunshine, and a night in bright moonlight (moonstones in some other crystals like that). Besides that, I have been in shops where they cleaned the crystals *too* much, I don't know what they did, but it was like the crystals had been turned into Stepford Wives, no soul of their own. I haven't figured out how to mend a Stepford Wife crystal.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Ok. Is there anything I can do to help them heal from the salt water bath? Would laying I. The sun help. I feel bad now.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Thank you. I have read that wearing the color also helps. I'm that way too. I have to match my socks with the color shirt I have on or I feel out of balance. Lol.
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
last year
126 posts
Try giving them a one or two week rest period to tune them in that u are now attempting to un-do what ever damage they took. But u have to intention it to them. That part is important. Then I would rather u feel when they are ready to be moved into the healing rays of the Sun after the intentioned rest period.

Keep in mind that crystals can be fussy and if they do not forgive u they may never come back at all...
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Lol. I charged them in the sun, moon or what ever weather element that was happening at a time. The do stay in the box 24 hrs at a time due to my 3 year old granddaughter wanting to hold them. I bought her one so she wouldn't want mine but she still wants mine. Lol. I think I'm going to take them out into the sunshine for a while to see if that helps. Thanks.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,184 posts

Thanks, Rene. I had no idea wearing the color helped. I have been teased by friends all my life for wanting my clothes and even undies to match, lol. I don't care so much about the undies anymore though. ;-)

I think someone on here told me that putting some types of stones in the sun can soften them too much or some such thing. I wish I could remember where I heard that. I can't imagine how that could happen though.....

I think light from a full moon is supposed to be good for them.

C. Cat

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Oh my, that's upsetting , remember , I am an Empath. During The week rest period , should I just leave them along in the box , I'm not clear on that part. Or should I cuddle them, per say? Then lie them in the sun.
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
last year
126 posts
I wouldn't cuddle them. They will be fine in the box especially if it's a wooden box, even that would help. I wouldn't cuddle them because they need space and time to heal.And so sorry if that last line sounded severe, It was important for you to know what the worst possible out come would be. If you didn't know u could try to force it and that would only cause them further stress.Love and Light!
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Your fine, I need to know these things. So are clear Quartz more forgiving then other crystals?
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
last year
126 posts
They are physically and spiritually stronger ;) #leaders of the pack
Femonique
@femonique
last year
61 posts

Some crystals can not be left in direct sunlight. A full moon is a great time to cleanse and charge your crystals and there are many ways to do it.

You can also clear them and charge them with music, reiki (intent), sunshine, full moon, thunderstorms, sea salt, sea salt and water, cleansing breath, sage, incense etc.

by piano:Clear your Crystals by playing this video - Part 1

Clear your Crystals - Part 2

here's a site with suggestions: Cleanse Your Crystals

Depending on the amount of crystals you have and how quickly you are collecting, you should be able to get the feel and an understanding of which crystal respond better to which method. The piano is a great way to clear them. The sun is a great way to charge some and the moon a great way to charge others. These are tools, not entities, and they will respond to you just as the universe does. Allow the energy to flow to them, through them, and even from them. Your intent and your belief goes a long way in working with any healing tool you might try. Be grateful for and take care with your healing tools, just as you do your kitchen tools, building tools, art tools, etc... and they will serve you well. It is what it is.

I have favorite crystals as well, but they are not alive, they are vessels of energy. Each have certain vibrations that they tune into, due to their make up. Certain types vibrate at certain frequencies and I find it helpful to separate the crystals in accordance with their naturally intended vibration. For example, most red and black crystals are made up of minerals which are in tune with the vibrations of the root chakra.

Use this site as a search, either by crystal type or by issue and ailments:

Healing Crystals

Many times I will charge my crystals after cleansing them, by laying a crystal in my left hand (receiving hand) and placing the fingertips of my right hand on the crystal, as I give thanks and my intent of using it as a healing tool. Soon... the crystals, my fingertips, and palm have energy flowing through them. You should read up on hand mudra, reflexology, music vibrations, and some other interesting energy tools. Soon you will learn that as much of this energy that is spiritual, also has a scientific basis for why they work as they do. They go hand in hand, believe it or not.

By the way....clear crystal quartz and a few others, maintain and hold their energy because energy flows through them just as energy flows through us.

Lots of luck with your crystals....M

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Music vibration ... Ok. Thanks I will
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I'm going with the moon light also
Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

I also use salt and full moon, although I'm not a big crystal person except for the hemetite and jasper I always wear...and a bowl of assorted ones I keep on an altar or sorts. The lady at underground classroom might give you some more info. She talks a lot about crystals and I recall her using rosemary and sonic methods for cleansing. She's also very good at answering questions if you message her.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_324ACZ7TKXXmsnqOX82JNJKnWj2YdIt

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Ok. Thank you. Wouldn't you know if anyone on earth had crystals that had attitudes, it would be me. I was following some bad advice and now I hope the damage is repairable. This upset me to find out I may of done damage to the crystals and they may not forgive me. I did not do enough research. Who knew crystals was this sensitive? Undoubtly not me. My animals have attitudes so why not crystals also.
Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

I've used water with salt too many times! It seemed logical to me...

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
last year
437 posts

Selenite is one of the best things to clear crystals, tarot cards or anything else. It's not expensive, you can just toss a piece of it in with your other stones or get a slab of it and place the stones on top. Selenite, itself, does not need to be cleared; it is a self clearing stone. I don't know if that will bring them back to life but in terms of clearing energy, it works wonderfully. I know someone who when they purchase any used clothing or items, puts a piece of selenite in with the items to clear them. Some move selenite around their body as it also clears the aura.

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

I rinse my crystals (if they are okay with water) in clear cool water for a few seconds, dry them and charge them with moonlight.  Sometimes, I do moonlight and sunlight.  I love to charge them on a full moon night.  Also, I open the window a bit so the light doesn't get filtered through the glass of the window :)  I do this about once a month with the crystals I'm working with.  If I were working with clients - which I do not - I would clean them after every person.  My crystals seem pretty happy.  Maybe you give them a break, then slowly get to know them again  :)   I have a grid I set up for my mom who is fighting cancer, I clean those about once a month also. 

I hope your crystals are doing better - my life has gotten so much calmer since I started working with them :)

Much peace,

Rhonda

Burleigh_surfer
@burleigh-surfer
last year
34 posts

I have many crystals and to tell you the truth they all sit out in the sun, moonlight, in the soil, and cleansed by rain pretty much whenever they arent in use.  I dont exactly treat them well put it that way! And they dont seem to care the slightest. Right now I have many outside getting the full rumbling thunderstorm treatment. But I believe that if they have survived such high temps to become what they are...they can survive myself and my partner and his tin lids!

But, I do feel a pull to them when I know im supposed to utilise them and I also still feel the warmth, the buzz, the tingle and the spark that they posess when I hold them.  

My black obsidian pendant feels flat to me now...but it used to make me feel sick.  I feel ive raised my vibration to meet the crystal so im comfortable to wear it everyday. I know its still doing its job... I just dont feel it in anyway anymore.

thats just my opinion. Everyone is different.. :-)

Paul
@paul
last year
912 posts

Mr Vogel claimed that crystals are neutral with life. I disagree. Specially quartz needs to be cleared and charged with intention. I recently bought a large standing point from Brazil about 4 inches wide and about 7 inches tall. I had to leave it in salt water for a while ran water over it. It wasn't enough. I then hit all sides with my hand hard (6) while thinking "CLEAR" each time. That crystal even changed internally, its more transparent now. I bought a multi-colored base for it. It seems happy now. There are many ways to clear a crystal. Try and find one that works for you. I still recommend selenite. Oh and I also placed it on top of an amethyst cluster for a few days. Its heavy almost 4 pounds.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
471 posts

I've had good luck with leaving crystals out in the sun for a couple days to recharge them. I have noticed on occasion that when my crystals are not working as well that it is really me being off due to work and life stress and not being grounded enough.

Paul
@paul
last year
912 posts

Hop Daddy:

I've had good luck with leaving crystals out in the sun for a couple days to recharge them. I have noticed on occasion that when my crystals are not working as well that it is really me being off due to work and life stress and not being grounded enough.

Mr Vogel was able to measure and had a system. It was like a sneeze. He would rub the top of the crystal with a finger tip until it stuck and then he sneezed and thought clear. There are videos to watch and learn. What was really interesting is that he could measure the charge. I've been also able to clear and recharge them in the ocean. But not all have access. It must be a system that works for the person using it. I had a quartz and selenite grid set at work on friday. This woman on the phone had such an angry incoherent meltdown that she moved one of the selenite crystals in the grid. That psychic blast was so horrific. But the grid took care of it. 

Paul
@paul
last year
912 posts

My other experience is with Moldavite. Its not a crystal but just glass but it has a strong charge of energy in between the atomic spaces. Some freak out on moldavite. All I feel is a warm tingly sensation and if I wear it daily, I no longer feel it. Anything that can still hold a charge after 15 million years, I can't affect. I think the crystal has done its job of raising my vibration to meet its own. I then move onto other ones with higher vibrations or I start using combos. I'm designing a personal grid for my needs with sugilite amber selenite and clear quartz. I'll let you all know how that combo goes.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
866 posts

It may be that it's time for you to purchase new crystals & allow the ones you have the time to rest, recharge on their own, etc.

Just as we become, overwhelmed, tired, overworked, tolerant, etc.  so do crystals, etc.

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I have given them a break but when I open the box the clear Quartz is the only one calling to me. It may be time to get new ones I've grown attached though
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
866 posts

Have you tried placing them in the ground for 7 days so that the Moon can cleanse & charge them?

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
To tell you the truth I did place them in the ground for about 2 hrs back in the summer and for some reason got worried about them and brought them back in the house and washed them. I know that sounds strange and I knew nothing was going to happen to them but something didn't feel right about them being out there. I can try that again though. So leave them there 7 days? Do I start the whole cycle over again. Smudge , cleanse, then put them unger ground for 7 days then give them my intent?
Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I do have a question and it's going to sound crazy but ..could the clear Quartz be intimidating the others ? Or is that possiable
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
866 posts

If putting in the ground you don't need to smudge or cleanse them because the ground & the moon do all of the cleansing, releasing & charging the stones need.

I would also recommend not using water as some crystals are water soluble & will dissipate.

Also if you are placing all of these crystals together in a box it could render them useless, not working as they should, etc.  because all of the crystals energies are being bounced off of each other.

Rene'': To tell you the truth I did place them in the ground for about 2 hrs back in the summer and for some reason got worried about them and brought them back in the house and washed them. I know that sounds strange and I knew nothing was going to happen to them but something didn't feel right about them being out there. I can try that again though. So leave them there 7 days? Do I start the whole cycle over again. Smudge , cleanse, then put them unger ground for 7 days then give them my intent?

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
10 months ago
761 posts
My own experience is that all crystals have an awareness to them...even if they don't have strong vibrations....I have a few that don't seem to be that strong or are lacking a certain energy....but each one has something to offer ....my own crystals LOVE to be smudged....I haven't done so in a while as I have so many that I find sitting and holding them over my smudge bowl is a bit tedius....and they love to be washed....I don't do it for me...but for them. ...because they DO ask for it...at least mine do....lol...I just pop em in the dishwasher and run them thru a few short cycles just to save time... no detergent...and they love that too!....lol...
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
471 posts

How often do crystals wear out to the point of being useless? It seems some of mine are not giving me the same energy or reaction that they did a few months ago. I have also found that moonlight recharging didn't seem very energizing but that sunlight works really well most days.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book