medicine bag for empaths

To post a reply, login or signup

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

hey all i am looking to create a medicine bag as such that i can kind of carry around with me (in handbag) so whilst out and about I'm prepped and ready for whatever may come my way! haha i know strange, but i do know of alot of people who do similar so its not really that strange and to be honest, my pockets can only carry so many crystals! any suggestions on what to include? Or specific crystals? Anything outside of crystals? someone mentioned smudging is a must... now i can smudge all i want at home, but I'm not sure that smudging whilst out and about is so wise - is there any alternatives with a similar effect.... I also know that sprays or mists with oils are great for cleansing, however not sure on what particular oils would be most effective. Does anyone else carry a medicine bag or similar? what do you carry? Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

updated by @renee: 07/29/17 03:31:32PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
709 posts

I normally wear mine. I have several bracelets and pendants, however, if two of the ones I feel I need to have with me are pendants, I try to avoid wearing two at a time, just because it may look....off? For lack of a better description. I have noticed if I  wear several pendants at a time I feel judged at times by certain people. In that case I will put them in my pocket. The bracelets I don't mind wearing more than one at a time. It all depends on what I may be doing that day or where I am going and it also depends on who I will be interacting with.

Blessings

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
476 posts

I wear a black tourmaline, amethyst, blue lapis bracelet. Its a little girly looking on me but I like the results and hide it under a long shirt. I also carry a tumbled citrine stone for good luck. And I noticed walking around with a rose quartz seems to make me happy and chill people out around me. And lastly, I've had some troubles from time to time with ghosts bothering me so I like to keep a tumbled red tigers eye stone near me day and night.

I also wanted to comment that rock salt with water seems to help rid an area of negative. I usually put the rock salt in a coffee mug, fill with water and set it on my office desk. I don't know much about sprays and saging is so stinky its hard to do in most public areas.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
709 posts

Hop Daddy:

I wear a black tourmaline, amethyst, blue lapis bracelet. Its a little girly looking on me but I like the results and hide it under a long shirt. I also carry a tumbled citrine stone for good luck. And I noticed walking around with a rose quartz seems to make me happy and chill people out around me. And lastly, I've had some troubles from time to time with ghosts bothering me so I like to keep a tumbled red tigers eye stone near me day and night.

I also wanted to comment that rock salt with water seems to help rid an area of negative. I usually put the rock salt in a coffee mug, fill with water and set it on my office desk. I don't know much about sprays and saging is so stinky its hard to do in most public areas.

I wear the same crystals as you, depending on which ones I am drawn to that day. Your the first person that had mentioned red tiger eye....I have red tiger eye also.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Ok cool I also wear a lot of crystals, if I'm wearing more than one pendant I will put one under clothing and the other on top. I try to avoid bracelets as I feel restricted in them depending on what I'm doing, but have started again sometimes, but I do also keep them in my pockets and bra. I like the idea of the rock salt. I was considering getting some water from the ocean and putting into a little decorative bottle and carrying with me as the ocean is always my saviour! But yes completely agree with the sage! I hate the smell! I need to do some research into oils and herbs I think to find what could be good for sprays as that seems like it could be good. I'm just terrible with anything synthetic so it's difficult to just go buy the mists from shops as they are generally more for smelling good and have a lot of crap in them! 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
476 posts

I just added blue kyanite to my "daily bag". I read it is a good "one stop shopping stone" and will pull all chakras into balance. Has anyone used this with any luck or advice?

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Hop Daddy:

I just added blue kyanite to my "daily bag". I read it is a good "one stop shopping stone" and will pull all chakras into balance. Has anyone used this with any luck or advice?

I have a wand that I made years ago that has kyanite, I haven't used it so much in recent years, but I find it to be such a strong crystal, really grounding and assist with connecting to energies. The wand itself is called my grandmother wand as she holds the energyies of earthy grandmothers. Yes love kyanite, maybe I should start using this a little more.... 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
476 posts

Paul,

The blue kyanite doesn't feel that magical to me. But since carrying it around for a couple weeks, I do feel more balanced. It seems to be working.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
763 posts

I absolutely love the black kyanite....but I have selinite which I love and carry with me as well....I can't seem to have metal agains my skin...so I've put my pendants on a leather necklace....I do put more than one on it...as I don't care a rats ass as to fashion...after all protection is important....I also made a pouch of sweetgrass...with cotton cloth wrapped up and tied with hemp cord.....I put 2 crystals between the cotton and cord.... black kyanite on one side...the other side black obsidian...I put that in a pocket of my uniform close to my heart...and on my pendant I have selinite and one other I purchased....but not sure of the name....I gotta go back and ask the lady I purchased it from....Ialso carry a selectikn of crystals in my pockets....I was attacked while working and all these crystals deflected/ absorbed a major portion of the attack.....hurt like heck tho...felt like my chest was on fire....

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
709 posts

Karen2:

I absolutely love the black kyanite....but I have selinite which I love and carry with me as well....I can't seem to have metal agains my skin...so I've put my pendants on a leather necklace....I do put more than one on it...as I don't care a rats ass as to fashion...after all protection is important....I also made a pouch of sweetgrass...with cotton cloth wrapped up and tied with hemp cord.....I put 2 crystals between the cotton and cord.... black kyanite on one side...the other side black obsidian...I put that in a pocket of my uniform close to my heart...and on my pendant I have selinite and one other I purchased....but not sure of the name....I gotta go back and ask the lady I purchased it from....Ialso carry a selectikn of crystals in my pockets....I was attacked while working and all these crystals deflected/ absorbed a major portion of the attack.....hurt like heck tho...felt like my chest was on fire....

Love that you have that devil may care attitude :) In my small town I alway worry about being judged. Where do you find sweetgrass? Would live to use some to smudge.

Blessings

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
763 posts

Well....I myself buy my sweetgrass at shops here in my city....you can also find sweetgrass being sold online.....Google sweetgrass and see what pops up....if your having difficulty finding/buying it I can probably get some here and send it to you...just pm me and we can discuss it....

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
709 posts

Karen2:

Well....I myself buy my sweetgrass at shops here in my city....you can also find sweetgrass being sold online.....Google sweetgrass and see what pops up....if your having difficulty finding/buying it I can probably get some here and send it to you...just pm me and we can discuss it....

Thanks @Karen2, found some online. Looked at pictures of some growing...I will have to look in the fields next spring, might have some growing in my area.

Ecila
@ecila
11 months ago
898 posts

I wear a meed mor on a long silver chain (and keep it hidden) when I feel I'll need lots of protection. I wear mala bracelet or necklace most of the time to focus my thoughts (repeating whatever though I want to reinforce while touching each bead). You can always burn pine for smudging if you don't have anything else, and vanilla from a grocery store will help in a pinch. I also usually have hemetite somewhere on my body, or rose quartz, and a small bag of lavender in my car.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
709 posts

Ecila:

I wear a meed mor on a long silver chain (and keep it hidden) when I feel I'll need lots of protection. I wear mala bracelet or necklace most of the time to focus my thoughts (repeating whatever though I want to reinforce while touching each bead). You can always burn pine for smudging if you don't have anything else, and vanilla from a grocery store will help in a pinch. I also usually have hemetite somewhere on my body, or rose quartz, and a small bag of lavender in my car.

What is meed mor? Apologies for sounding....green? New to a lot of this, lol

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
763 posts

Cat Whisperer:

Ecila:

What is meed mor? Apologies for sounding....green? New to a lot of this, lol

Lol....i'm not as 'green' as you Cat Whisperer....and I have no idea what meed more is either....lol...

Ecila
@ecila
11 months ago
898 posts

Hi CatW and Karen:) It's a Tibetan ritual dagger, similar to an athame in witchcraft, and is known for being used as a protective amulet and other magical purposes. The one I have is about 2 inches long. It's not comfortable to wear so I don't have it on often or put it in my pocket. It came from Thailand off Ebay. There are some cool ones on there. You're not green! I doubt many people have heard of them. 

updated by @ecila: 11/26/16 02:51:16PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
709 posts

Ecila:

Hi CatW and Karen:) It's a Tibetan ritual dagger, similar to an athame in witchcraft, and is known for being used as a protective amulet and other magical purposes. The one I have is about 2 inches long. It's not comfortable to wear so I don't have it on often or put it in my pocket. It came from Thailand off Ebay. There are some cool ones on there. You're not green! I doubt many people have heard of them. 

Thanks Ecila, I had never heard of one. What kind of protection does it provide?, if you don't mind my asking. I like to learn as much as possible

Ecila
@ecila
11 months ago
898 posts

I use it as a protection against the feelings I get from certain difficult people (mostly my mother). It's just a mental image of the dagger destroying any unwanted emotions or projections coming my way. Instead of an imaginary shield, it's imaginary battle gear of sorts. . . mental support for strength against ugly feelings. Thanks for reminding me. I need to get it ready for Christmas!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book