How do crystals even work?

To post a reply, login or signup

lizw47
@lizw47
2 years ago
36 posts

Even though I am an empath, I still maintain a healthy dose of skepticism about everything and am seeking a "rational" explanation behind everything I am experiencing. Several people I have met that have these abilities have suggested that I use crystals to enhance my abilities -- specifically, they want me to get some azurite as they said it would increase my abilities. I just don't get how crystals can make somebody psychic, or give other powers, or heal people, etc. And I don't get how certain crystals have certain powers. Why is azurite responsible for spiritual awareness and rose quartz for love, etc? I just want to have an intelligent discussion. Thank you.

updated by @lizw47: 02/24/17 05:38:48AM
Nicolas
@nicolas
2 years ago
17 posts
Certain crystals help conduct higher frequency energy. Energy such as electricity is a combined force to make up a more physical source. Certain crystals will either help ignite our ability or contain our energy from causing power surges or other phenomena such as pendants.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 years ago
866 posts

http://www.crystalsandrocks.com/facts_about_crystals_and_gemstones

http://discovermagazine.com/2011/may/05-things-you-didnt-know-about-crystals

http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/a-to-z-list-of-crystal-meanings/

Here is an article about wearing specific colors & colored gemstones to assist when a person is lacking in something, ill, etc. Each color or stone represents a different ailment, etc. To my knowledge, this practice has been used for thousands of years, even in what is termed Ancient Times.

http://www.medicalastrology.medicinegarden.com/2010/10/medical-astrology-gemstones-and-healing-ruby/

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

Interesting subject.

I have to admit that sometimes I get a little bit uncomfortableat the thought ofus taking tons of precious rocks from the Earth. What if the crystalshave a purposeIN the Earth? What if we are upsetting some fine balance?

What did people use before the wheel was invented?It sometimes seems to be a money making past-time?

I ask the question, how many intelligent, wealthy philanthropists have set up roomsand have people come to them with their various ailments/anxieties etc, and then thepeople with thevarious conditionsare given free crystals to help them? I would suggest that it never, ever happens! Why?

Also, when a crystal has outlived its original purpose, is it given away free (recycled) so that someone else can benefit from its properties?

Don't take this the wrong way. I just get suspicious when people are making money from our Earth's precious resources, and I wonder what they are personally putting back?

Let's assume that Crystals have energy that makes some people feel better. Are we creating an artificial crutch for that person? Does having a crutch make a person stronger, or weaker?

A part of me thinks that the energies/qualities contained in crystals/stones/gems must be diluted by the sheer volume that is being mined. How precious are these preciouscrystals when they are available to everyone at the click of their fingers?

For many years I wore an amethyst ring. I honestly don't know if my life would have been different if I had not worn it.

If people feel that the Crystals are helping them then they probably are. I don't think a non-believer would have the same benefits as a believer because at the end of the day our thoughts are everything.

I don't like us using all the Earths resources for short term selfish reasons, because I think that some dayhumans may need these things, and we will have wasted them. We have only very basic, primitive knowledge regarding things like this.

In summary, take only what youtrulyneed. Just my opinion.

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
912 posts

I work with crystals. I would urge you to research the work of Marcel Vogel, an IBM scientist that was able to measure energy levels in his crystal cut designs. I do know that IBM has been able to encode a picture of the Mona Lisa in a crystal. Basically, you can affect them with your mind, usually quartz. All crystals have a purpose and they are mainly to be given to people at this time, which is why they are so available now. Earth has a huge crystal network that is ancient and part of a computer of sorts that was recently repaired and activated. But that is for another day. Good crystal hunting. I would recommend any Arkansas quartz, Lemurian Seeds, Azestulite or even Herkimer Diamonds.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I am not sure about anyone else, but this is my experience. A friend of mine owns a garden center. I was skeptical about everything. First, when I met him, I could feel this wonderful energy coming off of him. It was amazing. Odd, but amazing. LOL

He had me stand facing east. He had placed stones in certain locations on his property. I felt energy move from my feet to encompass all of me. It felt wonderful. He had me hold rose quartz. (Skeptic, yes, of the stones.) It felt right in my hands, but not something I had not felt before. He directed me to an area filled with different stones. I walked over and saw another rose quartz. I picked it up and it felt 'empty'. It shocked me and at that moment I believed. It just felt so empty. I knew at that moment that I had been feeling from stones all this time and not realized it. Now, some will actually push me away. Kind of like if you touch something unpleasant. Or, if the energy is negative. Yuck! I will wipe my hands to get it off me.

My friend explained some are for me and some are not. Simple, I guess. All quartz feel good. Other stones are not for me, so I don't feel them. He explained that if I need them, then I will know. Another thing ... my left hand feels them and my right gives to them. I don't know everything, but some things simply feel right. I use them for protection. I send love into them. I leave them in sun and moonlight. I use different ways to cleanse them.

That is a brief summary. As time goes on and I experience more I believe more. Many times if it had not happened to me, then I would never have believed it. I hope it helps!

Love and light.

lizw47
@lizw47
2 years ago
36 posts

Thanks for the links to articles! :)

lizw47
@lizw47
2 years ago
36 posts

I feel similar to this. I don't necessarily feel like crystals are some twisted money making scheme, I am just not sure if they actually work.

lizw47
@lizw47
2 years ago
36 posts

I know a lot of people say that crystals "call out" to them and they can feel the vibration of crystals. I personally cannot. It just looks and feels like a rock to me, lol. But I recognize that some people do feel it, so all the more power to it.

A few months ago I had a fantastic experience with a shaman. He drove me home in his taxi during January. We got into a discussion and he told me he could show me what my aura feels like to others. It was the dead of winter, about 10 degrees Fahrenheit. He puts his hands around mine in a certain way and closes his eyes and heat just pours out of his hands -- as if he is a fireplace or something -- and he completely heated up the car. My craziest spiritual experience yet. He also put a piece of azurite out and asked me if I could feel the energy vibrating from it but I couldn't. Like I said, I can't feel the rocks.

But I did go to the store in town and buy some azurite. I figure I should listen to the guy who can make the sky fill up with heat!

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

I don't think it is a 100% "twisted money making scheme" (your words) but I do think that (as usual) the rogues have spoilt it for everyone.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book