a Method to Create Gem Essences or Elixirs

To post a reply, login or signup

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Gem Elixiris the name given to a fluid that has been infused with the energies of a crystal,

either through the power of sunlight or moonlight. Simply put, elixirs and essences are water in which a crystal has been placed during the infusion process. Water has the ability to hold energy patterns intact for long periods of time, therefore making this an ideal medium for capturing the therapeutic and metaphysical properties of a stone. Sunlight is traditionally used for elixirs that

are designed for aiding the physical body, whereas moonlight is used for those that are directed toward the emotional, mental, or spiritual needs. These elixirs can be used for healing, or whenever you need to take in the energies of a particular crystal. These are easy to make and

are very effective for a variety of purposes especially for long-term healing. But first you

should know the difference:

Elixir

An elixir is meant for ingestion you take it orally.

Not all crystalscan be used as ingredients in elixir making.

Essence

An essence is meant for topical use applied to the skin.

Here are some examples of essences you can apply to an afflicted area of the body

that you wish to treat. You can also use an essence in a bath:

Amethyst - Acne
Blue Lace Agate - Puffy eyes
Moss Agate - Athletes foot
Rhodonite - Minor cuts and abrasions
Rose Quartz Burns

To make an elixir or an essence, you first need to determine the crystal that matches your need.

An excellent reference book to help you accomplish this task isGemstone Healing Guide,

A Healing Apothecaryby Kristi Huggins. It is laid out in alphabetical order by ailment

with a list of crystals that have the therapeutic and metaphysical properties for that specific issue. The size of the crystal does not matter. A small piece of your chosen stone will be sufficient.

Start by thoroughly cleansing the crystal.Then gather the items you will need for preparing the elixir or essence:

• Clear glass jar with lid
  • Good drinking water (bottled, mineral, or distilled)

Sunlight or Moonlight
You will need to decide whether you are going to use sunlight or moonlight for infusing your elixir or essence. As mentioned before, a general rule for an elixir or essence that will be used for physical purposes or bodily healing should be created with sunlight. An elixir that will be used for emotional, mental, or spiritual purposes should be created with moonlight.

Choose a day or night when the sky is cloud-free, as the infusion process is best accomplished with direct sun/moon light for at least three hours. Some people keep crystals in water for a minimum of 24 hours, and others take 7-14 days to make an elixir spending some time each day to mentally reinforce the intention. If there is some cloud covering, you will not be able to create a strong enough infusion in only three hours. In other words, the energy pattern of the stone will not have enough time to imprint the water and it will need to be left out all day/night.

Out-gassing
Place the crystal in the clear glass jar and fill with clean water.

Note from Josette: Some people recommend Distilled Water, others say Spring Water & I have read where people have referenced using Vodka.

If the crystal bubbles (this is known as out-gassing), wait until it is completely finished giving off bubbles. Pour out the water, and replace with fresh water.

Repeat this process until the crystal no longer gives off bubbles. Place the jar in an area that will be exposed to the direct sun/moon light for your selected period of time. Select a spot that is less likely to have any shadows pass over it during the infusion process. Leave the infusion untouched for at least three hours and then place a lid on the clear glass jar. You have now made an elixir or essence!

Label the bottle with the name of the elixir you have made and its purpose (e.g., Amethystacne). Some practitioners suggest leaving the crystal in the elixir/essence to further infuse its properties.

Dosage and Administration Dosages and methods of administration vary depending on the source you refer to. Some practitioners recommend only 2 drops of elixir mixed in a glass of water daily, while others suggest drinking it undiluted directly from the jar it was made in. I suggest you use your own intuition to decide on the dosage and frequency of administration. I am a from the jar practitioner.

Elixirs can be administered sublingually directly under the tongue with a dropper. The rich blood supply to the mouth area and the thin skin under the tongue allows for rapid absorption of the elixir.

One thing to remember is that once you choose a dosage you need to stick with it.Crystalelixirs and essences are designed to gently affect the body and mind over a period of time not instantaneously. You need to continue use for at least one month to achieve the best results. After that time you may decide to cut down the dosage and eventually stop. Treatment can be repeated if you feel the need arise.

Warning
Please followTHIS LINKfor a list ofcrystals that shouldneverbe used to make elixirs in the above-described manner. The basic rule of thumb is that any stone containing metals shouldnotbe used. This includes most brightly colored blue and green stones as these often take their coloring from metals, and metals can be toxic in humans. Water leaches the toxins from the stone, which would then be ingested by you. Also avoid any shiny, metal-like stones because most metals are toxic to humans.

Please refer to the list below when making an elixir to insure that you donotselect a stone that can cause you harm. If you have any doubt donotuse the crystal. There are always other crystals that will possess the same therapeutic and metaphysical properties as the ones below that are safe to use.

Copyright 2000 - 2011Laurie Buchanan dba HolEssence, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this websites contents may be used in part,
or in whole, without written permission from Laurie Buchanan.
56 E. Crystal Lake Ave., Crystal Lake, IL60014
P.S.

I am also including a notepad file of the Stones, Crystals, etc. that arereferencedin the Clicky Link above in case it becomes obsolete like another site in this article did.

I am including a 5 Page PDF that is entitled, "Gem Waters and Essences", which has a listing of stones & crystals, as well as information in making Gem/Crystal Water & Essences.

updated by @nocturnes-angel: 02/25/17 09:08:17AM
Nea
@nea
5 years ago
201 posts

I'm thinking about trying Amethyst essence - do I need some sort of special jar to keep it in once it is done, or can I keep it in a plastic bottle?

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Hi :) As far as I know they should be kept in clear glass jars. You may wish to try plastic, though it may leach into the plastic.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Hi :) I am just now seeing that you had replied. I apologize. I hope that you didn't have an allergic reaction to any of the essences or elixirs.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Hi :) I apologize for my late reply. I am just seeing that you replied. I hope that these have helped you.

Nea
@nea
5 years ago
201 posts

Okay thanks. :) Oh and for how long can they be kept? I'd think not for long.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Hi:}

Gem water and essence can be used in many ways, we can drink them, use them within a bath, compress, room spray, massage and in creams, ointments and lotions. The water will not keep very long, about 24-48 hours at most in the fridge. It is always best used as soon as possible after being made. The essence will keep for much longer as it contains a preservative for example, alcohol, Red shiso (a type of Japanese mint) or cider vinegar.

Nea
@nea
5 years ago
201 posts

Allright, good to know. I'll try to make amethyst essence for use on my skin... :)

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

BUMP

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

You are welcome :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors