Can spirits make you taste and smell?

Warden
Warden
@warden
4 weeks ago
35 posts

The past week or two I keep having thing where my mouth tastes like I've been smoking. I haven't smoked in years. Then last night my bf kissed my forehead and said I smell like smoke. I've had this sensation of tasting cigarette in my mouth before but it's been a long time. But no one ever said I smelled like them. Can a spirit be causing this or should I see the Dr again. She couldn't figure it out last time but then it just stopped. 

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
968 posts
Well...I dont know any illness that would cause someone to smell like cigarettes without smoking cigarettes...so I would think the dr wouldn't be the one to go to for this...I have smelled oders when there shouldn't be any....like the smell of vanilla in my house when I haven't baked anything with vanilla...I connected that one to a woman who had passed away...so yes...sometimes smells can be attributed to spirit being around....but you yourself smelling like cigarettes is interesting....in my mind if you have that smell ON you then you've been smoking...somewhere....have you had any dreams where you HAVE been smoking?...do any of your neighbors smoke?...you may have a spirit who was a heavy smoker and the smell is sticking to him/her and passing onto you through your senses...but if YOU yourself are smelling like cigarettes when you haven't smoked I'd also be checking around for any butts that might have come in on your shoes etc first...those things smell awful and can stink up a place...if you find no physical evidence or reason the smell of cigarettes would be present then paranormal it is...lol...
Warden
Warden
@warden
3 weeks ago
35 posts
@womenwhowalks I have not been around not dreamed of smoking. My boyfriend hugged me and smelled it in my hair and my mouth keeps tasting like I've smoked. It's weird. I've gone through the tasting it before and that lasted a couple weeks. This is seeming to be that way too. But no one else ever smelled it on me.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 weeks ago
968 posts

I have no idea then...I read about phantom smells but your phantom smell is being smelled by someone else so it's real not imagined...how are your dreams?...anything pop into your dreams?...see anyone?...what I do sometimes is sit and clear my mind...ask who's here and see what flashes in my mind...I get a lot of people flashing through sometimes...so maybe someone's trying to communicate...place a candle or lowbeam light beside you and just relax and see who pops into your mind...are you in an apartment or a house?....someone's saying it's a former resident or tenant who smoked a lot....that's what popped into my head just now....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/21/18 12:42:10PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
897 posts

@warden:

I've smelled spirits leaving scents like cigar smoke, cigarettes, Old Spice cologne, woman's perfume, B.O., and even fart-like smells. I usually smell them when I walk in to a room. So my guess for you is that you may have a ghost who is following you that may be leaving that scent very close to you. I had a psychic once refer to those types of ghosts as hitch-hikers. They basically jump on your back and hang around for a while. If it doesn't go away after a couple days you could try saging and asking it to leave.

Warden
Warden
@warden
3 weeks ago
35 posts
I will try seeing if I can communicate. But so far I've felt no one around me. Not sure if they wanna talk or just for me to be aware they are there without giving away too much. It's funny my cat hasn't seemed to notice whoever it is either. I will try to silence myself and let him speak to me. I'm feeling it's a male suddenly. Interesting, haven't felt or heard anything till now talking to you guys.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
897 posts

@warden:

I notice that whenever I investigate or try to zero in on ghosts, their activity increases. At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me due to spending time thinking about ghosts. But in speaking to others I learned that when you spend time focusing on a particular ghost or subject, you create a link or connection through channeling. This may be why you're starting to see more activity and pick up on more vibes on what is near you. I also notice that a ghost tends to give off a smell initially as if announcing themselves. And then you typically don't smell them after the first event.

So for me, I'll smell something. And then the smell goes away, but then I'll feel their presence and hear them from that point on. I usually don't see ghosts. But being clairaudient, I hear them whisper, move, knock on windows & walls etc... That's usually how I know they are around. I also get a lot of ear ringing and sometimes get little energetic zaps/shocks on my skin from ghosts. In any event, I'm curious if your experience is like mine where you smell something out of place, and then the smell goes away and then transitions to other feelings or signals that someone unseen is hanging around.

updated by @hop-daddy: 09/23/18 11:29:56AM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,326 posts

I've smelled cigar smoke the last 2 evenings in a row when sitting in the same place in the living room. No other strange things happened along with it.

Last night around 2 am, I woke up to the noise of someone dropping what sounded like a box in the kitchen and got up to investigate. Nothing. Later, a bit after 6 am, I woke up and flew out of bed at the loud sound of a smoke alarm going off just one time in the dining room. When I got there, I could smell cigar smoke in the area within about 4 ft. of the alarm but nowhere else. I actually went out in the yard to see if our attic was on fire. 

Members of my husband's family have lived in this house for 60 yrs. and nobody lived here who smoked cigars or anything else. After reading this thread, I guess I can expect escalation of activity. I just wish it wouldn't wake me up, since I get so little sleep already. 

Does this sort of thing usually get aggressive? Should I try to send the spirit home somehow? I have premonitions and things like that a lot, but have never experienced anything like this before.

C. Cat

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
897 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I don't know about you, but when I am stressed and sleep deprived, I have more paranormal incidents. And that includes ghosts waking me up in the middle of the night. I've talked to a 1/2 dozen other empaths and it works the same for them as well.There's something to having your psychic abilities increase when under duress. So I think you may be able to lessen the contact attempts in the middle of the night by having less stressful days with better sleep. I know this is easier said than done. But thought I'd point that out.

I used to love that show Medium. And on that show the main psychic character would often interact with lost ghosts with a story to tell in her sleep. And quite often those ghosts would wake her up as a way to get her attention. I think there is some of that going on for you. I think these ghosts, these restless souls, see empaths as a beacon of light. I think our auras shine brighter to them. And they seek us out. They somehow know we can communicate with them even when most of us are not advanced enough to do our part of the communicating. And as a result we can often feel like we're being haunted by something uncomfortable when it is in fact just a harmless ghost trying to get some help.

As you know from our discussions, I've probably dealt with more than 50 ghosts in my house over the past 15 years. They seem attracted to my house and family. They just show themselves or make a little noise, or even try to wake me up or appear in my sleep. But most leave after a day or two. Its a bit of a revolving door. I think in my case since we have 3 empaths living here, that my home must shine bright to them. So long story short, I don't think you need to be worried. You may want to just ignore the ghost and see if it goes away on its own. And if needed you can ask it to leave or sage to encourage it to leave.

updated by @hop-daddy: 09/24/18 11:27:01AM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,326 posts

@hop-daddy,

Thanks. I know you have loads of experience with this. I hope it does decide to leave. Maybe he will notice that I am too weak to help him. I had to take a heart rate rescue pill after hearing that alarm go off. My adrenals need rest, not excitement. 

The revolving door portal we used to have seems to stay closed now. That was all negs. This presence feels like a normal guy. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
897 posts

@warden:

I forgot to note that animals can be helpful in detecting paranormal activity in many cases. Except when they become desensitized to it. I have two dogs. And when they were much younger they would scare the crud out of me barking fearfully at various corners of the house at night. But nowadays, their attitude is "unless the ghost is handing out treats, we're going about our night and won't waste time barking at it". I've caught them many times watching unseen things with their eyeballs following something walking across the room. But they don't usually bark at things anymore. I think they see this so often its pretty ho-hum to them. However, I do think if something more negative would appear that they would react.

I wonder similarly that your cat is okay with a harmless ghost hanging around. Many mediums say there is pretty much a ghost everywhere you go. If that's the case, I think animals become more adjusted to a regular harmless ghost passing by here and there.

Has the smoking smell gone away and is your activity still there?

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,326 posts

The answers at our house turned out to be non-paranormal. The cigar smoke was coming from the relative of the woman next door, who had come to visit to escape the hurricane and smoked cigars out on her screen porch at night, just a small way from our window, which must leak a bit for me to smell it inside. She admitted that the cigars "reeked". He is gone back home and so is the smell. 

I've had another audio wake up, this time by a clinking noise, like someone dropping a bell. It happened right after falling asleep. The smoke alarm I heard did not sound at all like ours, once we tested it to see, so I am pretty sure all of these noises are hypnogogic hallucinations, which are common in people with severe sleep disorders and always happen right before going to sleep or right after waking up. 

I totally agree about animals. Our dogs didn't pay much attention, but the cats were always watching with wide eyes and following unseen things across the rooms, especially at night. I hope your issues are resolved this easily. 

C. Cat

Warden
Warden
@warden
3 weeks ago
35 posts
@hop-daddy
Sense I messaged about it here I have stopped having the smoke taste and smell. But I have had an increase in seeing things out the corner if my eye or things zooming past me and jitters like something is about to happen. I've also noticed that when certain people are talking to me I can't hear them and these are alive people, it's like everything they say is muffled, and when this happens my head feels funny. It's aggravating because it's been happening especially when I'm trying to listen to my boyfriend. I have excellent hearing and it seems to happen most with him. It feels like I'm getting interference if that makes sense. It's like when you're trying to talk to another adult and your kid keeps interrupting so you miss things. It's like something wants my attention and they don't want him to have it. Thinking about it it happens most often when my kid is around. I know he has gifts, could his energy from his jealousy be causing it?
These gifts should come with a user manual and a pause button if you need it. Lol
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
897 posts

@warden:

It seems like things with your ghost visitor are progressing as I would expect. It takes a lot of energy for them to produce physical effects in our realm (like a strong smell, or showing themselves). This visitor felt it worth using up a lot of energy to make his announcement to you. It's always hard to understand what they want. But as I understand it, the aura of an empath shines differently and brighter to ghosts and spirits. And they really enjoy our energy. For these reasons, they seek us out trying to communicate even when most of us are unable to do so. Most of the ghosts are stuck and really confused. Some don't realize they have passed. Many of them are desperate for contact, and can be quite persistent.

I am clairaudient. And it sounds like you may be as well. I can hear ghosts making noises and whispering that other people cannot. But most of the time I cannot discern what they are saying. I am still trying to advance my skills with that. And most of the time I get ear ringing when they are around and trying to communicate. So for me what happens often is I'll be out somewhere having dinner with friends enjoying some conversation. And then one or both inner ears will ring with a loud intensity for anywhere between 5-20 seconds. When it happens I feel something in my brain activate where I get a little dazed, and I can't hear a thing that is said in our world. I only hear the ringing. It's frustrating because I get cut off from hearing people speak in our world, and just get the intense ear ringing from the spirit world that I so far can't translate. (I am told that as I advance my skills that the ear ringing will tune in my mind to being able to hear what the ghosts and spirits are communicating). 

I notice that some of the most intense ear ringing happens during a fun and happy time like while entertaining good friends or having Thanksgiving dinner with my extended family. I think the happy energy attracts them. And it's also possible that relatives or friends at that table have dead relatives coming through trying to get me to communicate and pass on a message. 

In getting back to you, I think most likely this ghost recognizes you have gifts and is trying to communicate. Its possible that the ghost is jealous (although that's probably unlikely). But it also could be a ghost reacting to the positive energy that you emote when you and your boyfriend are enjoying time together. And it could also be someone dead connected to your boyfriend that may be trying to get you to deliver a message. As in my case, they seem to know who we are and that we can communicate with them even when skill-wise we're not yet at that point.

It will interesting to hear from you how long this ghost hangs around. I find most get frustrated after a few days of trying to communicate with me and they move on. But then I always get another visiting soon after.

updated by @hop-daddy: 10/01/18 10:59:11AM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book