Reading Minds

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
877 posts

I wanted to touch on the subject of telepathy to see if any of you have ever had this happen? My psychic abilities seem to always be changing. Some things weaken, while others strengthen. And the ability to read people's minds seems to be the latest skill in transition. I quite often randomly will have an idea pop in to my head and will announce it to others around me. And they will say that's really weird, I was just thinking about that. This happens most often with my wife. In fact, she is creeped out at this point because several times a day she will have a private thought and I'll within seconds bring up the exact same thought. Except that it doesn't come to me like "she is thinking this right now". I'll instead have a thought pop in to my head and I'll say "whatever happened with so and so" or "how are things going with the redecorating of our dining room?" And she'll say she was just seconds ago thinking of exactly that. This happens most often with her. But also with other people as well.

I find that this telepathy seems to work best when I am not face to face with someone. I think watching someone's body language plus my usual empath emotional radar distorts the telepathy when face to face. But if I am working on something with my back turned to someone, I will then have these isolated thoughts pop in to my mind that are later determined to be exactly what that person was thinking. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to learn more on how to develop this.

pinkypie
@pinkypie
2 weeks ago
11 posts

that's great to here, I often fluctuate between abilities too, not really sure why that is but sometimes I think it's to do with empath overwhelm, stress and dense energies..

telepath connections ae quite fun sometimes but can be confusing and chaotic when it happens to or with more than one person, for me it becomes a task of finding the psychic side like a train of thought linked to who or where its coming from..

try having a look on youtube/google how you can develop this more, it is natural sometimes to mirror what someone else is thinking/feeling, my partner usually does it all the time when he does eventually open up.. 

Warden
Warden
@warden
2 weeks ago
33 posts
I experience this too. It seems my gifts are all over the place and I've been knowing what ppl wanted to say before they said it lately. Especially with my new boyfriend. It's a little strange.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
877 posts

@warden:

That's another part of it. I often will fill in the blank on what someone has to say. It also happens while having the TV on in the background. I'll be able to finish people's sentences. But it works best when I'm not really paying attention. I have to relax my mind and not focus on anything particular in order for the telepathy to come through.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 weeks ago
1,306 posts

Mine is the opposite. Accurate mind reading for me occurs most often when I am face to face with someone who is being very emotional, whether positive or negative, though I tend to auto-read negative situations....I guess my brain regards them as a threat and kicks in right away. I see a vivid color picture of what the person is thinking, superimposed over their forehead. 

I don't know if being relaxed would make it even easier or more accurate since I am so sleep-deprived now that I just zone out when I relax, neither awake nor asleep. I am starting to think electro-hyper-sensitivity is involved, which would be a disaster, since I have to have bluetooth on right next to my head all night in order to breathe when I sleep. 

Does anyone else notice that the intensity of emotion is directly related to how much info you get and how accurate it is, or is it just me?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
877 posts

@cheshire-cat:

The intensity of the emotion definitely delivers a more clear message to me as an empath. But that's not telepathy for me, that's just analyzing a person based on their energy signals (I call it empath radar transmission). My challenge is that the emotional empath part of my brain shuts down any telepathy. In face to face I'll get a pretty good emotional energy read on a person. But my empath radar and telepathy don't currently work together. This is why the telepathy only works when I look away from a person. I also think my mind has to be really relaxed for the telepathy to work. And when I am face to face with a person my mind is engaged too much for the telepathy to work. But I'm still trying to understand this. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 weeks ago
1,306 posts

@hop-daddy,

You are so right! I am so sleepy, I mixed up telepathy with empathy. Sorry. I should not post unless I start sleeping more than 4 hrs. a night! I've never had telepathy except from spirit guides and it's been a long time now since that has occurred. 

updated by @cheshire-cat: 09/12/18 11:39:15AM
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
5 days ago
144 posts

About 20 years ago, I went to the dermatologist. As I was waiting for the doctor I started reading a magazine. I found a good article and was getting into it when the nurse came in to ask me some questions. She had her clipboard in hand and was filling out the paperwork for me while I read. I was very relaxed and just answered what ever she asked only half paying attention to what she was asking. She kept saying "I was about to ask you that", and "that's what I was going to ask you about".  I realized she hadn't actually asked the question before answered but I had thought she did, so I answered. I apologized, and began to pay more attention. She on the other hand got very smiley and perked up quite a bit. She really liked me for some reason. She seemed to think it was neat thing that I knew what she was thinking. In fact, she told another nurse and by the time I left they were all staring at me like I was a brand new god. It was eerie and strange. No, I don't like that kind of attention.

Since then I've come to realize that empathy is a language of sorts, but better. It's a pure form of communication. One without inference or misunderstanding. Although, the messages can get lost in the sea of information we get from reading someone through our own conscious understanding. The stuff that's important comes when I have no emotion of my own to interfere. As accurate as we can be in seeing what is in a person, we are still only going by clues that indicate a certain emotional output, reflective of our own. We have to interpret the information and decipher through the emotion. There are times when I'm with someone very open and genuine that it feels like we are of one mind. Like we are reading each others thoughts constantly. I love those people. One of these people was an in house special needs caregiver and school nurse for 40 years. She retired but still has one full time patient; a teenage girl that can't talk. Should I tell her she's an empath? I don't think so, but she tells me how she can communicate with this girl on a deeper level and if she didn't take care of her, she would never improve, but she has!

I think empathy and telepathy are one and the same with one small difference. Empathy is emotional, telepathy is unemotional. Make sense?

Warden
Warden
@warden
5 days ago
33 posts
I find emotions help me with this, it's like they key my body and mind into knowing I need to pay attention so I can hear what's inside that's not being said. Example: I have a new bf and we we're in the middle of a kiss I stopped pulled away a little and asked him what was he gonna say? He looked confused and surprised, then asked how I knew he wanted to say something am I a mind reader or something. I smiled ignored his question and asked again what he wanted to say, he looked me in the eyes and then I knew what it was. Thank God he lied, I was so not ready to hear the love word from him yet. I don't like he lied but I could feel it scared him that he felt that already and wasn't ready to say it out loud.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
5 days ago
1,306 posts

Zacharias,

I agree on empathy and telepathy. In addition, I hear telepathy like a voice in my head, only way faster than it would take to say the words out loud, if that makes any sense. It is like I hear it outside of time. Empathy is a feeling, in my case often accompanied by a visual of what the other person is thinking and feeling. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 days ago
877 posts

@cheshire-cat:

That's exactly how telepathy works for me. It presents in my mind as my own thought, and there is usually an image to go with it. And then I also get it like @zacharias & @warden explained where I finish people's sentences.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
5 days ago
1,306 posts

@hop-daddy,

It's a bit different for me, in that the voice I hear in my head with telepathy is someone else's voice, and usually male....maybe guides?  The image for me is like a movie that I see superimposed over the person's forehead if they are there in person. If I am channeling, I see the person who is coming through just to my left and up about 3 ft. off the floor, and I hear their voice in my head.

I can't finish people's sentences like you can, unless it is one of the stories my husband tells over and over, lol!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book