Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts

I have come to understand sage to be the end-all be-all of energy clearing/cleansing herbs. 

My mother was recently told by a psychic to never use sage as it can be more of a "beacon" for spirits and other energies.

Thoughts?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

@chezarey:

I do have some experience with this. I've both researched it and used it myself to help with a spirit problem.

I found it worked pretty well and chased out most of my problem. But I compare it to mosquito repellent that works pretty well at first, but then after several hours when it wears off the mosquitos start biting you again. I found sage gives you a day or two break from spirits. Yo may have to repeat it more often. But what it is designed to do is break up stuck or low energy in a room and give you an atmosphere renewal. You probably know when you enter a room and it gives you the creeps, feels off, or claustrophobic. That's a low or stuck energy environment. And if you have a room with a difficult negative person staying there (like a really angry teenager), saging can help break that feeling up and calm that environment. We had an impossibly awful woman at work years ago who was so negative, some of us could feel her negative energy spreading outward from her office. So behind her back one of the other ladies would stay late each night to sage that woman's office. And it really did help us manage the negativity.

On the spirit side of things, saging once in a while clears the energy in a room and makes it less attractive to a spirit to hang around. I did want to note that I have heard that some of the tougher negative entities out there are not impacted by sage. And that's when you need to bring in a shaman to help. But for most situations, sage does the job.

I also recently heard that native american spirits can actually be attracted to sage because it reminds them of their culture and ceremonies. I don't personally know that to be true, but it's possible. If you live where a lot of native americans used to live and die, that could be what that psychic is referring to. Otherwise, most psychics and spiritualists highly recommend saging. But in case there is a negative that I'm not aware of, perhaps another EC member can comment.

On a final note, burning sage smells pretty nasty. It smells to me like a combination of marijuana and really stinky incense. And the smell does linger for days so expect to explain to people that it's not weed that they smell at your house. And whenever possible keep windows open when you sage. They say it helps push the spirits out. But it also helps get some of the stinky smoke out of your room as well.

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts
@hop-daddy

Thank you, that makes sense. Hopefully someone can expand on this native spirit thing.

My mom had an attachment of a particularly nasty spirit. It came from the house I grew up in, in the middle of the woods. It was demon or poltergeist level. (It actually threw a knife at me once)

Anyway, she had a cleansing done. We didn't actually know for sure, but there are thousands of spirits on the land i grew up in.

We used to find arrow heads all the time in the woods and especially around the house. My theory is, the area used to be a small village at one point, which was attacked. I suspect it was a village because my sister, the local kids and i, would build houses in the woods and form little, fragile, villages. Looking back, we probably did it due to the residual energy of 'home.'

Either way, it was at least a war zone.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

@chezarey:

Misery loves company. And there seems to be a "haunting pattern" where negative entities are attracted to areas where bad things have happened. They stay there feeding off of that. The U.S. has a pretty ugly history with abuse and massacres of native american villages. If you are in an area with such a history, that would make sense that you have a lot of unusual things going on.

I have had a lot of problems with my own house over the years. And what has helped for me are use of protection stones, saging, and places religious relics like crosses throughout the house. The crosses don't scare off all the negative entities, however, it does work surprisingly well on some of them. I also pray a lot and ask for angels to be sent for protection for my home and family.

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts

@Hop-Daddy

Yes. My father being a narc and obsessed with my mom just made things worse. The medium my mom was seeing told her the spirit was also really obsessed with her. She said "he said he will never let you go."

There is nothing (at least, what is in the attic is very calm and minds her own business) at my current house. My parents house has roughly 6 entities floating around. 2 of them are aggressive.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

I have had some spirits at my home that I don't bother with because they don't cause me trouble. They're everywhere anyway and it's a good thing to respectfully share the home. But for your mother's place she should try some of the things I suggested to see if they help reduced the activity.

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts

Hop Daddy:

I have had some spirits at my home that I don't bother with because they don't cause me trouble. They're everywhere anyway and it's a good thing to respectfully share the home. But for your mother's place she should try some of the things I suggested to see if they help reduced the activity.

I will work with her next time I am home.

There are 2 upstairs in my old room/the hallway - suspected to be the couple who built the home in 1880. They are the staring type. Their sight makes you feel like their eyes are boring into your skin - make you feel super awkward. They don't really feel aggressive, just creepy and nosey.

The one in my nephew's play room/sister's room/under the attic steps: I'm not sure if this is 2 entities or just one. A dog we used to have would charge under the steps, barking, growling and attacking something. That area is extremely creepy. It's like something's under the steps and angrily watching you when you open the door.

It might be a second entity as when my nephew was an infant he would hold conversations with someone named "big." and now he won't go upstairs to his play room alone, and sleeps on the couch in the living room.

There is another in the hallway/upstairs bathroom. My sister thinks it's a little girl who likes water. I don't like the sound of that and suspect some kind of malignant force. Never feel attacked, but really creeped out and almost pushed out of the bathroom.

The last one is in the basement. If you go into the basement you can feel it retreat to the other side. (there is a second basement, beside the part you enter.) There are no lights over there and you can feel this terrible, horrifying energy. If no one opens the door or bothers it, it doesn't bother anyone, so I'm kind of okay with this guy.

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts

As for my attic - I've asked it to leave my sister and nephew alone while they visit. They're both sensitive and felt nothing when they stayed overnight. It seems to get curious when you enter the room, but feels almost like it leaves when you get to the top of the steps.

When I paint sometimes I feel it kind of hanging around. I don't mind (her?)

What are yours like @hop-daddy ?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

@chezarey:

I'll PM you on this topic.

Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 months ago
928 posts

Chezarey:

I have come to understand sage to be the end-all be-all of energy clearing/cleansing herbs. 

My mother was recently told by a psychic to never use sage as it can be more of a "beacon" for spirits and other energies.

Thoughts?

I don't recommend using sage unless you are well versed in it, otherwise you may be inviting spirits in, instead of clearing them out. 

I'd recommend dragon's blood, cinnamon, frankincense or myrrh instead.

Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 months ago
928 posts

Chezarey:

Thoughts?

Depending on your location various tribes use blessed white sage for different things. I've not yet run across anyone of Native American Ancestry that uses it for cleansing, as they use it to call upon their ancestors, though people tell me that they've been told to use it for cleansing.

If you've tried it & it works for you that's great, if not you may wish to try something else.

If you believe the spirit is Native American you may wish to offer tobacco or something specific to the tribe instead of burning sage.

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts
@nocturnes-angel

Thank you for the advice. I had not realized Dragons Blood would work too
Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 months ago
928 posts

Chezarey: @nocturnes-angel Thank you for the advice. I had not realized Dragons Blood would work too

You're welcome.

Paul
Paul
@paul
one week ago
926 posts

Sage is like Hop-Daddy says mostly mosquito repellent. There are situations where it is ineffective and the big guns need to be brought out. Even then its is a learning experience mostly for all involved and can't really be solved until it is handled. I caution not to tackle demonic things as they will require other techniques plus those critters move faster than the smoke can affect them. You have to move faster than you can seen them...(hint) You powder 100 and 1000 show up, etc. This pattern repeats as a way to bind the person to do nothing but creaming them out and do nothing else thus bringing you to a halt spiritually. That is not good as the  only real way to get out of that is to raise your vibration above theirs and leaving them in the dust which is the lesson.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one week ago
1,306 posts

@nocturnes-angel,

How can we use cinnamon to get rid of negatives? Is it burned, sprinkled?  I am very interested, since I've used cedar in the past and found the smoke very irritating.

Thank you in advance.....

C. Cat

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book