Posession as an empath

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts

Have any empaths ever experienced being possessed? And/or being aware of it? If so, what were your experiences? I've never encountered this before empathy, but as an empath I have felt it several times now and I don't know if it's in my head or whether this actually is/has happened.

Look forward to your replies 

updated by @spiritualskies: 07/15/18 07:43:55PM
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

I am not sure what you mean Of course, that could just be me not understanding the whole process 🤔   😅🤣

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
To feel an actual spirit within ones body
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

@spiritualskies:

Yes, I have. In fact, it is fairly common. Although I'm going to use the term overshadowing to describe a more minor form of entity influence that is the most common. I dislike the term possession because actual full possessions are rare and usually happen to people who are devil worshipers or those who mess with Ouija boards and actually summon demons in to our world.

Entity attachment is pretty common, and even more common for empaths. One of my favorite quotes as an empath is that "everything is energy". Humans generate and release energy. And empath energy is like a fine wine that is especially attractive to entities. Entities (spirits and otherwise), need to capture energy to exist. But they don't like high vibrational energy. They want our low energy. So when someone goes through a really tough time (anger, sadness, grief etc...), their vibration drops. And these creepers zero in on that and attach like a leech. At first they hit the outside of your aura where they start draining you. But quite a few entity types want to get deeper. And as you get cracks in your aura or extended periods of time with low vibration, they start rooting themselves deeper into your being. When this happens overshadowing can happen where the entity can influence the host's mind to think and do things that are not normal for them.

You can have entity attachments for a short while or even as long as many years. And it's fairly common to have multiple attachments. And quite often the draining aspect of attachments can lead to declining health. Anyway, getting back to overshadowing,when attachments influence you they influence your thoughts. They can hear your thoughts and they have a deep understanding of your personal subconscious. They know your fears and insecurities. So they can try to lower your vibration further by sending bad thoughts to your mind that will make you feel guilty, ashamed, and generally really bad about yourself. When I personally went through the worst of my attachments I had a lot of thoughts that I now realize were not mine that kept telling me that I was a loser, that everyone hated me, and that I did not have any worth in this world. Back then thoughts like that pushed me deeper into depression. And that was the plan for these entities. They want more of your low energy and squeeze it out of you by manipulating your mind with ill thoughts. 

Another good example of a spirit attachment overshadowing someone is when you see a person who doesn't normally drink, or do drugs. And they all of a sudden become a different person and become a party animal and jump head first into dangerous behavior. When this happens the spirit attachment may have been a drug addict when they were living on the earth plane. And they miss the physical feeling of getting a drug high. So they will do some light possession/overshadowing of a living person so that they can get that person to do drugs so that they feel that physical feeling again. I don't know if you've ever known someone where you've seen a dramatic shift in behavior where they are not acting like themselves. It doesn't have to just be someone becoming a drug addict. Sometimes it can be as simple as a sweet well-meaning friend who all of a sudden is angry at the world. When a change like this happens, it is likely that they are being influenced by an attachment. 

Empaths are big time targets for entities because of their attraction to our energy, and also because we are light workers and we are on the other team. We have the ability to stop their actions and destroy them. We can heal people and undo their influence. So they get bonus points in their world by distracting and harming an empath/light worker. This is why its so important for empaths to monitor their vibration daily and take steps to ground and raise your vibration. You don't want to allow yourself to get a lowered vibration long term where these things can attach, drain, and influence you. 

Kim Eastham
Kim Eastham
@kim-eastham
one month ago
3 posts
I've felt oppressed quite a few times, its normally after I see shadow people, and its absolutely awful. Alot of prayers from my husband and myself helped me. This happens at work due to negative entites attached to my boss and the building. Needless to say looking for new place to work as we speak.
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

I was going to bring up the subject as to whether these "entities" could affect health and well being. It looks like I may have my answer here.

Surface wise I may have things in check but I think the "entities" are playing dirty. For quite some time I have been having trouble dealing with changes in my body and face - aging, weight gain, losing my LONG hair, fingernails chipping peeling and breaking. Drs / tests but can't find a reason. All very unusual for me (I am vain and I am sure they know that) Petty health problems and more than usual pain. Tipping the scale is a deep depression setting in with no interest or energy. I think I mentioned before I was having trouble putting pen to paper. In fact keeping with that is losing a post before I can finish it. It happened again when I tried to start this post. They just disappear as I am typing. I can't maintain focus or keep a thought in my head. I have Fibro but this is way more than Fibro Fog. I especially am having trouble posting here. I want to. I kind of know what I want to say. I get some time when I can do it. I just can't make my self do it. PROCRASTINATION big time. It doesn't  make sense. Its like I am not in charge of my thoughts

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts
I had an evil spirit attachment. I think I picked it up from work. It took months to get rid of. I sought guidance from religious leaders. The Church was worthless and provided no help despite my requests. However, that is another discussion. I had help from several psychics and empathy.

While the attachment was effecting me, I was experiencing insomnia, mood swings, headaches, muscle fatigue, anxiety, etc
EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts
Great info by Hop-Daddy!
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

@kim-eastham:

You're either going to like this or think I'm nuts. But I've been doing a lot of studying an reading about entity attachment this past year. We've had a lot of problems over the years since there are there empaths living at my home. And I've taken the approach to know and understand the enemy with respect to entities and their ability to influence and attach to people.

It's well known that entities will jump person to person. This is one of the reasons we empaths get freaked out and anxious in crowds. We know deep down inside that we are at risk for things trying to get inside our auras. In crowded places like buses, planes, cubicle work areas, restaurants etc..., they do jump person to person seeking better energy opportunities. While they may be taking energy from one person in the room, they will notice an empath and jump over to take advantage of greater energy. That's why I preach protection stones and protection techniques to empaths so that you can go out and live your life in public and have a little better layer of armor for what is out there.

But another thing that happens with entities is psychic attacks projected at you. When they overshadow someone and have pretty good control over a person's mind, they will sometimes have behavior controls in place that allow them to stay there and flourish. For example, if someone is being controlled by overshadowing, the controlling entity may lash out at someone who irritates the host. So let's say your boss is being controlled and he doesn't like you. The entity may help your boss generate a very powerful psychic attack at you. He may yell at you and you instantly feel pain or sickness and weakness from the force of his anger. Your boss, the host, gets positive feedback from roaring and inflicting pain so he likes that feeling and the power that he has over people. The entity is helping him attack you so that the host is given an ego boost and validation of his power. That's by design in an entity attachment where control is at that level. Conversely, if someone is controlled by an entity and they try to do things to improve their health or get rid of the entity, the entity may fight back. As an example of that you may have a person who is struggling with anger management issues that is under entity control go to a therapist for help. And as soon as they get to the therapist's office  they get a massive panic attack or feel sick and have to leave. That's again being controlled by the entity attachment who doesn't want them to get help and will inflict pain on them if they try to improve. I know this sounds crazy but I have seen it with my own eyes in real time.

I also don't want to sound too general with all of this because we can't blame every emotional human outburst on entity attachment. But if you keep your eye open, you'll see it in people. It's most noticeable with people who present as narcissists or sociopaths. The way they are so dark and disturbed with hatred for others is what you look for. There's usually something to that. Anyway, it is great that you are looking for new employment options.

I had a lady who used to work for me who was an excellent worker. I'll call her MB. MB was also one of the meanest people I've ever met. And she was jekyl & hyde with her anger. You never knew when she was going to explode on someone in the office. And the pain she would inflict was always more intense than the words. There was a solid psychic attack that she would project with her outbursts. She was working for me before I had my empath awakening so I wasn't really able to understand what was going on other than the fact that she was ruining the office. But back then I had a receptionist who had psychic abilities. And she told me that MB had black things crawling all over her and a few that floated above her head. She didn't explain to me what that was. But now I know. And MB had several dark entities attached to her that were helping her project pain & anger on people. Needless to say I had to fire her due to her behavior. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

For anyone interested in this subject, I highly recommend adding this book to your library:

The Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide by Robert Bruce (see link)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1571746390/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This book was life changing for me. I learned a lot on the subject of overshadowing and possession. And there are some nice tips on how to protect yourself. The book also talks about how long term exposure to entities can produce various health problems. But probably most importantly, the book gave me validation that some of the things I have experienced were real and text book entity related.

@cheshire-cat">@cheshire-cat and I have had several discussions on the book. I believe
@hermes has read it as well. Perhaps they can share their thoughts.

And I think since @empathdad">@empathdad has empath kids like me that this book can really help him mentor his kids as they grow up and experience various challenges as an empath. And @just-stevie">@just-stevie, I have recommended this book to you several times in the past. I feel for you in particular because the things that are going on in your house and with your health are entity related and are covered in this book. In fact, your comments about procrastination are exactly what I am talking about when I talk about overshadowing mind control. Your attachments don't want you to get help, that's why you can't bring yourself to get help. You have to be strong and break free. If you can't do that then I think it is time for you to visit a shaman or powerful psychic to help you sort out what's going on.

Light & love to all!

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
one month ago
1,300 posts

I have read that book and am practicing some of what I learned from it. I already knew but had not tried one of the short rituals that I am now using to try to close a persistent portal in our bedroom.

I also see the idea of mental illness differently after reading this, compared to my training that field. I had begun to wonder if some of the more serious aspects of certain mental illnesses were not due to some kind of attachment or even what is called possession, and this book came at just the right time to help me explore that. I also read about a prominent psychiatrist, Dr. Gallagher, who recently came out and said he believes some mental illness is possession, due what he has now experienced, and he now works with exorcists w/in the church, a complete turnaround for him.

This all fits with what I've learned about the archons over the years. We call this force by different names at different times and places in history, but we are all talking about the same thing. I am still adjusting to this myself, but it aligns with my feeling that I am sometimes just not myself. He describes in the book the type of physical symptoms this manifests, and I was shocked, since he described the same symptoms the doctors most often say are impossible. Worth a read by anyone dealing with entities, no matter what you may think they are. Practical and easy ways to work on ridding yourself of them are detailed in the book. 

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts
@Hop-Daddy

Thank you for the info! I will look up the book
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
955 posts
Just Stevie:

I was going to bring up the subject as to whether these "entities" could affect health and well being. It looks like I may have my answer here.

Surface wise I may have things in check but I think the "entities" are playing dirty. For quite some time I have been having trouble dealing with changes in my body and face - aging, weight gain, losing my LONG hair, fingernails chipping peeling and breaking. Drs / tests but can't find a reason. All very unusual for me (I am vain and I am sure they know that) Petty health problems and more than usual pain. Tipping the scale is a deep depression setting in with no interest or energy. I think I mentioned before I was having trouble putting pen to paper. In fact keeping with that is losing a post before I can finish it. It happened again when I tried to start this post. They just disappear as I am typing. I can't maintain focus or keep a thought in my head. I have Fibro but this is way more than Fibro Fog. I especially am having trouble posting here. I want to. I kind of know what I want to say. I get some time when I can do it. I just can't make my self do it. PROCRASTINATION big time. It doesn't  make sense. Its like I am not in charge of my thoughts

Hey...the more you reveal the more I'm questioning a few things...1st...losing your hair and gaining weight could be a sign of something wrong with your thyroid...I had a time when my throat started to swell...looked that up to find that the thyroid requires iodine to work properly...i dont eat much salt and I dont eat a lot of fish and in today's environment the thyroid works really hard...I started to take more iodine and my throat quickly went back to normal...plus if your not taking a good vitamin with minerals you might want to start that as well...just to make sure you're getting the right nutrients....I also cleared your energy some more...and I'm looking into a different possibility that might be affecting you energetically...just let me know how your doing and what the spiders are doing...I'm trying to have a talk with them to let you sleep etc....they seem to want to help...
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts
womanwhowalks
I am pretty savvy in the medical field. I don't trust Drs very much. I get blood tests regularly. Tyroids ok I monitor liver it creeps up a little once in a while. I also watch kidney because I have Medullary Sponge kidney and I am prone to UTIs & stones. Creatinine levels run a bit above there is some kidney damage My primary missed or ignored my iron levels. A Dermatologist diagnosed low iron - Anemia I take Biotin for hair & nails plus vitamins.
I have been telling my Primary Doctor for months that something is wrong. She runs tests and when nothing shows up it's "oh well"
That is why I am wondering about something else putting a hand in it.
I tell her I have bloating in my face abdomen and thighs Because it's not ankles it doesn't count apparently.
She rolls her eyes when I keep insisting & demonstrating by pushing my fingers into my cheeks and the indentations stay. I have dark circles and bags under my eyes. I didn't tell her about depression because then she would blame everything on that.
The depression and greater fatigue than usual got me to thinking even though I think I am handling the situation there may be something working against me that I hadn't recognized.
It is hard to believe but this mess has been going on for a few years now
In the beginning the visitors came on most nights They were fun & interesting from different planes. Unfortunately before I had a chance to understand Something took over and started sending Orbs through (I think) and the stupid webs started.
The man I guess was all me. I allowed Mind Travel (while awake) From what I saw I felt there was something going on with him. Possibly controlling and harmful to females.
There were Pods w / beings in them. That's a whole complicated thing not gonna even try to go there.
So bottom line I interacted with him. I challenged him to show himself and explain. Be Careful what you ask for...
Ever since then he has been obsessed with me. Everytime I close my eyes I see a red drape creating a box confinement. If I don't open my eyes or blink the face comes toward me. It appears from any direction and with open mouth true to make a connection. He will drop back and disappear if I say or signal. He always looks sad & disappointed. I have seen a side of him he doesn't want me to see. It's not pretty but not really evil
The spiderlike web crawlers were on the down low last night and today. As I type this they are crawling across the walls. Not happy with my attempts to rid them. I have determined one reason my eye sight is diminished is because even in day light there is always a translucent film through out my physical world My hearing has diminished because almost constantly music plays in the background. Sometimes it is Big Band loud horns playing anything from Hello Dolly to Looney Tunes Cartoon. It changes to different songs midway. Sometimes it's Orchestra with violins Some songs I recognize some I don't. I have to be careful not to yell out to turn it off or down Oops almost forgot it's only me hearing it
It is stressful trying not to look at anything because it will start moving. Carpets ripple drapes wave walls roll.. Of course not really but I see it. Even staring at my leg it will pulse I can see every vein.
I start to believe I am ready for the Funny Farm but there is just way too much detail and the unexpected.
If this comes out in a ramble it's because I am struggling to focus and remember words
Thanks for Caring!
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts
WomanWhoWalks
I am not sure but if you've done something to discourage my web creatures it's working Thank you Thank you Keep up the great work!
If not thank you for trying please keep trying I can use all the help I can get

Maybe they are resting up
I am afraid I'll jinx it so I'm trying to keep a clear head but activity is cut way back
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
955 posts

Well..that's great!...I did do some clearing of your energy..quite a bit actually...I removed roots and tied up holes in your energy field...so just keep calm and if you can burn some sage...or have an Epsom salt bath with sage in the water just to calm and sooth everything....I moved out a parasite and some other entities...the parasite was NOT happy...lol...and it attached to me for a bit...so you should feel better....if it gets bad again it will mean the parasite or something has attached again so just be aware....not afraid just aware...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 07/18/18 02:38:56AM
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
Truly sorry for the late reply but thank you so much to everyone who commented, I wasn't expecting so many responses and you've all raised some interesting stuff that I'd like to discuss more, I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll try and squeeze in some to share and explore further
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

Womanwhowalks

It was nice not having to worry about these stupid webs and man's face for awhile - not gone but noticably weakened All good things must come to an end 😔

They are winding back up again. It seems everytime someone helps it works for a little while than gradually grows back with a vengeance It was great to have a reprieve even if for a short time For almost a whole day and night the Orchestra music even stopped. Unfortunately I believe it fed on me and got it's strength back. During that time I was so weak & and in so much pain I would just go back to bed & was always in LaLa Land. I don't think in all fairness I can blame Fibro / Fibro Fog for ALL the pain & lack of focus

This thing / things wants me for some reason The webs are becoming more visable in daylight It's like a translucent shimmery film During the reprieve there were always these almost invisible threads reaching and attaching to me (more than usual) I always woke up with my left forearm feeling wrapped and cold - more so than usual

I am powerless to do anything to remedy. My husband is convinced and worried something is very wrong with me He wants me to see a doctor (and say what? I see ghosts) So i just don't mention or do anything so he won't know it's still going on Every time he sees me type he asks "to who?" If I look off into space for a few minutes "what are you looking at" He can't handle it He freaks out No friends or family nearby (as if that would help) I am still trying to get back strength and balance from a major surgery - tendon repair almost a year ago I should have never had it done I traded isolated pain and limping for increased pain in more areas still limping and a 6" scar Anyway, I am still dependent therefore not able to do anything to remedy. I have tried all the suggested but everything done is a temporary kind of fix

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CONTINUING TO TRY TO HELP!!!

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
955 posts
Ok...I'll do it again...
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts
THANK YOU!
The webs were getting obnoxious Clinging to me and wrapping around anything I am holding The bed coverings were rippling and rolling The floors looked like they were covered with water because somehow the webs can form translucent irridecent shimmering sheets that can lay on drape over or hang to close in a large area so it feels like a box

For the GOOD NEWS Woman who walks
If you were doing your VooDoo again (LOL) It is working The latter part of the afternoon was really tame and I just realized I am not hearing the orchestra playing Eureka!
When I woke up this morning pain was seriously diminished and I was not as fatigued
So if it was you Bless you! If not I'll still give you credit.😊
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
955 posts
Oh good!...you might want to accept my friend request so you can pm me whenever you want...
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

SURE! KAREN 2

Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

THANK YOU ALL!!

I really appreciate the help and tips

It is difficult for me to grasp It is like using my left arm and not right Awkward I love learrning about the "Paranormal World" just haven't been able to piece it together yet

It is also difficult because I have always lived in reverse I am always the "helper" to be truthful sometimes I am the enabler LOL

Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
one month ago
151 posts

Just thought of an event that might fit in but its REALLY weird I was out on the patio It was very dark. I can't really see in the dark anymore I'm guessing it is because there is the translucent shimmering (whatever) surrounding me But I digress My husband wanted to show me something I followed his voice When I got within a few feet I got very startled and jumped back People (?) were exiting his body as though they were getting off a bus About 5 or 6 full bodied and in color dressed in business clothing They exited turn right and disappeared 

There is a heavy presence in the bedroom They are not reaching out but heavily draping walls and hanging from the ceiling blocking door & hallway I am feeling butterflies in my stomach tingling in my arms & legs I am having trouble with words

P.S. NOW they are reaching & clinging LOL

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
955 posts
Ya...I was hearing earlier something about your husband...that he may need a smudge or a bit of clearing....spirit do sometimes travel along with the living...I myself have a few that I know are here with me..I've felt them detach from me as well as my friend....and know I bring spirit home with me from work on occasion or they show up in the house...for me it's no big deal, as it occurs on a regular basis...I myself just get a brief glimpse of a figure...you get everything...lol...I'd smudge the whole house and especially the bedroom if I felt something was off...its what helps the spirits either move out or clean their own energy....
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
I'm not sure I've ever experienced entity attachment's, I think there have been times when they have tried to leach on and I'm guessing it was to manipulate me in some ways for whatever reasons but since I don't give them a chance they just sort of go on they're merry way.

Posession on the other hand I've felt itany times but can't get anyone qualified enough to confirm so I'm just gonna have to accept it as it is, they are usually associated with other negative energies and I guess for me my path is different so I get affected differently to other empaths. Now the same time this happened my tf was supposed have some mini awakenings but I think he shit it lol and decided to sip on the alcohol so he wouldn't absorb anything from other stuff that was going on, but tbh with you I don't think he woukd of taken anything on, my projection energies towards him at the time were fake and not from me but others that were around me at the time. I can't believe he chickened out.. bless him he's too sweet and I cut him.some slack cause he does have a tough time with his own stuff to deal with..

I have other content that I resort to, to find my answers and usually I do, just never anyone to confirm. Cause I'll notice certain stuff that are very subtle and people can pass it off as coincidences but we empaths sometimes know ourselves better than anyone else so yeah..

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book