Can a church be haunted?

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

I had to google this just to see what the result would be. Not really what I was looking for.

So I got a new job as a church custodian. It's a fun job so far. I get to work with good people, and I love the hours: 1:30pm til 10:00. On the first night i ended up working til 10:30. Well the back section of this church is the day care area and school. The teachers are dumping out all the old supplies so I'm back there all day throwing out trash. My little storage closet is back there so at the end of day I'm rushing around to finish up and head back to my closet with the cart. This is after everyone had left and I had locked up so I knew no one else was back there, but I could feel something watching me and it didn't feel like a human. I had to look through all the rooms to see if anyone was still there. The whole time the feeling I had was dread fear. It was scary. I know that wasn't my fear, but I kept thinking I'd see a ghost. Even when I walked out down the hall I had to look back with my flashlight to see if something was behind me. Chilling. Kind of neat, although it is horrible feeling. It went away as I walked to the foyer. The sanctuary still feels very peaceful. 

Well tonight I had a meeting at 7:00 so I left work early and came back at around 10:00. I did want do another check of that back area, but as I started down the hall way I decided that it could wait til tomorrow. It was that same fear again. Something back there doesn't like me. I'm not sure what to do about it. These are Baptists' so I don't know what there are going to want to do about it, but I can't just ignore it. It's pretty strong. I don't scare easy so I'm not use to this feeling. I'd rather put up a fight and get this thing to move on. It'll interfere with me working there at night and that was the whole idea. I get the place to myself, and I get to clean! When ever someone comes to my home and leaves their negative energy behind, I do a detail cleaning of all the rooms they were in. It works for me. That's what I'm trying to do at this church is do a major detail cleaning of the entire church and get paid to do it. God warned me the first day I showed up at this church 3 years ago that evil would try to enter it like a bug, but that I would have power over it(Jesus power!). This church hasn't been cleaned properly the whole time I've been there and probably much longer. 

I'm not use to dealing with this kind of spirit and this was very unexpected. I don't normally "see" spirits. I try to ignore them for the most part cause I'm constantly dealing with people spirits. I'm not going to try to deal with this alone, but I sure don't want to look like a fool in front of the pastor when I tell him his church is haunted. 

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

It seems like you are only one bothered by that? In that case being paid for that will most likely be problematic, because you will in first place doing it for yourself in the eyes of others, for your peace.

Another thing. Do you really have to tell the pastor that church is haunted? Possible other words? Just tell that this specific place is giving you creeps (its normal for some places creep out people, even from the view of psychology) and you would like someone to perform some cleansing rituals with you to feel more at peace there? You can always try before you lower your hands. I'm sure in church must have helping souls that would agree to help you with that or?

Also in all churches I was in -I felt that they have really bad energy. And as empath who is highly attuned to energy of places I agree with you...Churches need frequent cleansing. All those people go there to pray during hard times, ask for strength during difficult times, for help when its hard. It all leaves mark on the place too...

Wish I could help you with that personally there, but Im here.

updated by @curious-child: 06/06/18 10:15:07AM
Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 months ago
927 posts

What specifically is your question?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

@zacharias:

I just got done reading the below book to help me with the issues in my own home. It was a fantastic read, and I think you can benefit from it based on what is happening to you know and prior discussions that I have had with you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1571746390/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The above book and in discussion with a shaman notes that most entities do not like crosses and religious areas. As a result I think most entities will avoid a church. However, the above book also talks about the fact that more advanced entities are not bothered by crosses or religion. As a result, I think some entities could exist there. 

From what I've learned from this book, entities like dark secluded areas like basements, attics etc... And they particularly like places in disarray or decay (old broken down buildings or areas where trash and decay build up). And they love places where there is a lot of sadness and low energy. I wouldn't think a church would be low energy with the exceptions being if there have been a lot of tragedy and funerals there. But overall a place of worship should be a more positive higher vibrational place.

I think you're going to have a tough time convincing a Baptist church leader that they have a ghost or entity problem. My Dad was raised Baptist and it was pretty strict and conservative. In fact one of his favorite jokes he likes to tell is that Baptists don't allow their young adults to have sex because it could lead to dancing (a fun way of poking fun at their old school no dancing rule for teenagers).

I think you probably already carry protection stones around. You should also probably buy a cross and keep it in your pocket for extra protection. And if you can do so without causing a problem, I would make sure you keep all main rooms well lit with sunlight where you can or at least with the lights on (entities reportedly hate sunlight and artificial light and will shy away from those rooms). I think in the long run you have to figure out if you can stand to work in such an environment.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

@curious-child:

I go to church a couple times a month. And at least half the time I go I have trouble dealing with the human energy in the place. On the one hand it's a very positive up beat kind of message place with lots of music and fun. But crowds of people like that are always hard for me. And like you said, a lot of people go to church with all their issues in life as a way to feel better and connect with the community. And that's really hard on an empath.

@zachariasI've had my fair share of run-ins with spirits and entities and have to say their energy is different than humans. It's usually more intense and in my case my ears will ring or buzz when they are close. First off, a deceased human spirit is usually stuck here due to various low emotions (like grief, sadness, regret etc...). I can pick up on that most times. But from what I've read and experienced, some other types of entities don't usually give off an emotional signature. What they will do instead is make noises or move objects. Or make you feel really sick (headachy or naseous) or exhausted. Some people get hot or cold sensations that change like hot flashes. I've also had weird things like the hair on an arm or leg will stand up on end while the rest of my body stays normal. I have also been touched on many occasions. So there is a lot that can go on.

A few words of advice when dealing with these things: #1: Try your best not to show any low emotions. I know it's hard at first but when you hear a wall bang or a chair move or feel it close, don't react with fear or anger. They feed off of that and can drain you. (However, if you can somehow project love and happiness that very well could scare them off). #2: Know that they can telepathically hear your thoughts. So try not to focus on them as that also empowers them. Just ignore them. #3: If allowed, play happy upbeat music while you work. They don't like music, especially music that evokes love and happiness in humans. And if the church doesn't allow that then as 2nd best option I would see if you can at least play music through a headset so that you can maintain a happy high vibrational vibe. #4: Let the sunlight in and alternatively artificial lights on to help push them out of the room. They will hide in the shadows during the day so just know that. And on that note, I would suggest that you take your work breaks outside in the sun.

Let us know how it goes.

updated by @hop-daddy: 06/06/18 05:52:24PM
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

@hop-daddy

I don't go to churches at my own will. Went there only as a part of some road trip in another cities or countries, or when I had to with class. I don't believe in god (and don't want to discuss this topic). And every single time I remember since childhood -churches always affected me in bad way. I am not me in there, constantly like I am troubled, start acting weird because I just sense not right stuff.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

@curious-child- I know where your at cause I didn't step back into a church until 2015. Back in 1988 I was considered a "problem child" and they sent me to Bethel Baptist Boys Academy in Lucedale, Mississippi. Everything that happened there is pretty well documented except for the kid they tortured to death and had us bury under 20ft of trash. So I understand how you feel. I still despise religion as a whole. I'm an anarcist/libertairan/metalhead/empath, not a baptist. I went to war with the church for 27 years. These people know this about me, and accept me anyway. Not just accept me, but love me! It's crazy, but God is that way. I still have to deal with the energy during service. It's tiring, draining, and sometimes I hide in the bathroom and wash my hands for 10 minutes. Most of the time I take a nap while the pastor is preaching. That church-energy does not always feel good, and every church has a few narcs to contend with. So I still don't like going and have to do it anyway. It's an ironic thing. 

Update: I told the pastor that something was back there and then he go's into "I don't want to discount your experience, but....". He doesn't want to believe it. After all, this is his wife's office. His kids were hanging out back there all day. Two things I know about demons is that they want to influence/control/possess us and they have to feed. It has to be feeding on the pastors family. This is why I get the reading I do from them. It's starting to make sense to me now.

Last night I stayed til 12:00am. I wanted to experiment a little. I went back there every 15 minutes to take a reading, so to speak. The feeling started at around 9:45 and was building all night. At 10:30 it was very strong. I didn't feel anything until I crossed the sanctuary barrier. What I call the sanctuary is actually a dome of light that covers the church. It's like camouflage wall that no demon can get past, but it doesn't cover the entire building. I can feel the barrier as I walk through it. It stops at the end of the hallway before you get to the back room. Her office is the one room I can't clean because of the stacks of boxes, paper, and crap. She has the most cluttered office I've ever seen. After what @hop-daddy said I do believe this is why it chose this area. It's also the darkest room. Not much sunlight at all. Now what it's purpose is I can only speculate. It has to leave. I'm not working around this thing every night. I went back there and just walked around hoping I'd see something, but the fear got to be to much and I couldn't shake it. I had to go the sanctuary(the room) and pray for awhile to get rid of it. The feeling is like the hair on my back standing up., and buzzing. As I walked away from it, I saw a flash from the bathroom like a florescent light hit by static electricity. I turned around and walked backward down the hall. The fear is to much. I know I need to control my emotions around this thing, but it's hard. I don't want to hate it, or fear it, somehow I have to love it. 

@nocturnes-angel- The obvious question was "Can a church be haunted", but what you picked up on was the question I was eluding to and didn't want to come out and ask, which is what do I do about it? I didn't want to ask because I want to do this the Christian way. The real way, not the fake way most Christians think is real. These people want to stay in their mundane world so they are not use to this sort of thing. Some are. Some deal with deamons on a regular basis. My pastor isn't one of them. I'll have to shock him into believing, because I want him to get rid of it. It's his church. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

@zacharias:

My Mom is a retired pastor. She has some psychic abilities. But she blocks it because it conflicts with her religious beliefs. And she struggles with talking to me about ghosts or my own empathy. So I know how that is. She's not changing any time soon (religions really close off the mind). I'm sure your Pastor is not going to want to believe this either. Plus, even if he did, he doesn't want that type of story to get out. People go to church to feel safe and worship. What does that say about the church that a demon or strong entity resides there? Trust me, he won't want to deal with that.

If you can, order that book I referenced. It's perfect for your situation. Entities like dark, quiet areas. But they are especially drawn to areas that are cluttered, have low energy, and have some decay (like a lot of trash around). You made it sound like that lady's office is a cluttered mess so that totally makes sense. 

The book I referenced goes into how overshadowing and possession happens. And it's not that easy for this to happen to anyone. Although children are at higher risk. So you should not be overly afraid. The book also talks about many tests the author has done with regard to running water in hoses and pipes. Running water with pipes anywhere (below or above ground) are a barrier most entities are unable to cross. And because of this many entities get trapped in buildings and are boxed in a range where water pipes flow. This is also why you wash your hands when you are anxious to feel better (any negative energy or entities will temporarily jump off you when you expose yourself to running water). This is also why anyone with psychic abilities feels better when taking a long shower. 

So the question you have is what to do? If you illuminate the area with sun light or bright lights, you'll just chase it away to any other dark areas of the building. So I'm not sure that accomplishes much. You need to know that their power grows as the night gets long (strongest just before dawn). Keep that in mind while doing tests. You could try to smudge the room at night while also doing your clearing exercises. But then it leaves a strong odor that you're going to have to explain the next day (a lot of people think smudge smoke smells like pot).

Has the entity come at you with a psychic attack yet? That's where you instantly feel sick and weakened and have sharp pains as if someone is knifing you? And does this entity seem to always keep to that room or do you feel it in other areas as well?

Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 months ago
927 posts

Curious Child:

Zacharias:@nocturnes-angel- The obvious question was "Can a church be haunted", but what you picked up on was the question I was eluding to and didn't want to come out and ask, which is what do I do about it? I didn't want to ask because I want to do this the Christian way. The real way, not the fake way most Christians think is real. These people want to stay in their mundane world so they are not use to this sort of thing. Some are. Some deal with deamons on a regular basis. My pastor isn't one of them. I'll have to shock him into believing, because I want him to get rid of it. It's his church.

In my experience the answer would be "Of course a church, like anyplace else can be haunted."

Think of all of the funerals that are done at a church each year, then add in all of the families actively grieving during those funeral services, plus all of the parishioners & non parishioners who go to the church to seek guidance, counseling, attend services, weddings, baptisms, AA, NA, CA meetings, shelter, etc.

As for cleansing, most churches are cleansed on a daily, if not weekly basis. Again, this would depend on the type of church as some have doctrines that state the frequency of the cleansings.

I can't speak for every clergy member but the ones I know would not find it odd if you mentioned that his/her church was haunted as they understand what goes on in a church & they are usually pretty well versed in maintaining churches that they are assigned.

If you have been at this job & have only recently been bothered you may wish to look into what was going on around the time frame when you first started to be bothered & give the clergy a date, timeframe, etc. as to when these disturbances started to happen & affect you.

This way he or she will be able to look into the date & see what was happening around that time, etc.

@Zacharias I have no idea what you mean by the "way" is the Christian way or the real way.

"I didn't want to ask because I want to do this the Christian way. The real way, not the fake way most Christians think is real. These people want to stay in their mundane world so they are not use to this sort of thing."

updated by @nocturnes-angel: 06/07/18 01:19:50PM
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

@nocturnes-angel- sorry, that was reaction on my part to other churches I've dealt with in the past. Doesn't really have anything to do with what we are talking about. It's something I still have to get over I guess. I was worried my pastor might turn against me. Didn't happen. 

The only dates I have to tell how long it's been there is that I first noticed it on the 4th of june. Before then the only time I've been there after 10pm was close to a year ago I had cleaned the ice machine and stayed past 12. I didn't feel it then so assume it wasn't there. This is my first week on the job.

I went back to my pastor and told him the facts. I just went through the time line of what happened then and let him sort it out for himself. Now he wants to bring in a colleague(fellow clergy) that has more experience with supernatural stuff. Which means he is concerned. Good. 

Last night I turned on all the lights and sang for 2 hours. I was able to clean up those rooms without a problem. It didn't wake up or manifest while I was there. 

@hop-daddy- I have obsidian and shungite stones with me. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

Good choices on stones. I give shungite credit for helping me with a spirit attachment. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

Yes I ordered that book. This has been a very enlightening experience. I can feel that spirit growing through the night. It was extremely strong at 12 when I left the other night. That's new to me. I always assumed spirits can go through doors and walls like they weren't there. Maybe that was something I gathered from cartoons. This thing is localized and hasn't moved.

I've had those sharp pains before. The attack was coming from humans and I could tell which person it was coming from, but it had more to do with the emotions they were experiencing than being a concerted attack. I was the target yes, but they didn't know what they were doing.

This was an attack and I was being drained but it was so different than what I get from people. I allowed it to happen because I wanted to know about it, and I have the sanctuary to recharge. That fear is overwhelming, more than I can take. I took a martial arts stance as if I could physically fight it. That's my response to fear. I need better weapons or better tactics here. Thanks for the book recommendation, Hop. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

That book is an outstanding read. I think you'll enjoy it even though some of the content is a little disturbing (while also being enlightening). In short, there is more out there than spirits that go bump in the night. But as with facing any foe, it is best to understand how they function, and what weakens them. And that book does a great job of that. I hope you enjoy the book and I hope things improve with your situation at the church.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

Quick update, I have been able to tolerate being in that room long enough to clean. I do it by turning on all the lights and singing the whole time I'm in it's presence. I started talking to it. I rescinded all permissions I have given it, or agreements that I've made. I reminded it that God is in full authority over it, and then I opened the door, I opened the closet door, and commanded it to leave. I waited for something to happen, but nothing did happen.

Last time I ran into a spirit of fear like this. I commanded it to leave in Jesus' name and It did, but it attacked me on the way out. Nothing like that happened this time. I didn't wait for it to manifest. This was before the time when it normally does. So I still don't know everything I want to know about this situation. I'm still figuring it out.

An interesting thing about this room. There are two bathrooms on the east side. There is another sink in the room on the north side, and the condensate from the air conditioners drips down that wall. There are pipes everywhere. Also, this is where the pastors wife is most of the day, and she doesn't like me. I haven't won her over. Her kids ignore me and don't want me around. It may be that the spirit is influencing her, or it could be a spirit created by her? I'm not sure what this has to do with it exactly, but there is this connection of what I feel from her and what I feel from her office. I'm going to try hard to win her over.  

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
862 posts

@zacharias:

You didn't mention if the entity left when you asked it to? Or maybe you are waiting to see?

Your description of the pipes in that room is interesting. The entity may very well be trapped back there by the parameters of the pipes. When you read that book you'll find that the running water in utility pipes imprisons them (since if they try to cross the pipes the running water zaps their energy). Some entities can navigate around the pipes while others that are often referred to as astral wildlife are more blind and get stuck.

Entities have no need for high vibrational energy/happy people. It's the low energy they seek. I had an assistant years ago who could see entities. And we also had another lady that worked in my office years ago that was just a miserable alpha female type. She was bitter, outspoken, and seemed to delight in yelling and degrading others in the office. And my assistant used to tell me that she could always see several black spirits circulating around that awful person. The entities are very drawn to miserable & negative humans like that. Their low vibrational energy feeds them. And very often entities that attach to that person's aura will indeed influence their thoughts and personality (called overshadowing). So I think you've done some pretty good detective work finding an entity in an area surrounded by pipes and a person who works there that exudes low energy. They also like to go after children as they are an easy target and easily influenced.

From what I have experienced and read, it's probably only 50/50 at best that entities will leave when you command. It's really only the more harmless spirits that will move on. The rest know exactly what they are doing and have less than honorable intentions. And they are there to get the energy that they seek and have no intention of leaving. And there are other steps to take at that point (including getting a shaman or someone with very strong medium abilities to clear an area and either send the entity to the light or relocate them).

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

I no longer feel it. I believe it left because it is there anymore. I thought it would attack when I told it to leave. I waited to see what would happen. In fact, I was disappointed that nothing did happened. I wanted to see some boxes fly around the room! I want to be able say to some else that this was more than just a feeling. They discount my feeling, they discount my story, so I want to prove it. 

I told my Dad the story. He said maybe it would be better if I kept my mouth shut. I asked my Mother why is this such a tough subject for Christians? She gave me the answer, they fear the unknown. They don't want to know. My pastor has still said nothing about it for a week now. He was suppose to get back to me on whether not his friend was going to show up. I'm alone here. Nothing new.

This book makes so much sense to me. It's as if I've read it before. Most of what I've learned has been through experience. That's good and bad. It does leave a few holes in my understanding, but I know what I know because I experienced it. This book is filling in those holes for me.

I treated this entity with respect. I spoke to it honestly. I care about it in a way. Once it knew that I was aware of it we had some what of a stand off. Like when your about fight someone and your sizing each other up trying to decide if you can win this fight. I believe it felt the same way. So I took the the compassion approach. This is by far the best way to handle these types of spirits. I can see that Robert Bruce is a good man with a vast amount of knowledge on the subject. I have a hard time understanding why he would only have a 50% success rate. So far I have a 100% success rate. That may change in the future, but I don't believe it will. Not because I'm some super psychic that can command demons to bow before me. It's because I'm not alone. I'm not actually doing anything. This is authority I borrow from God. He offers us His unlimited power. I simply ask for it knowing I will receive it. It works in healing about the same way. Our only true super power is faith. These "negs" will always try to make us doubt ourselves. It we get discouraged we and can't do much at all. My faith is strong because I test it. The analogy I use is from Assassins Creed, because it is a "leap" of faith. You jump without knowing where you may land. As long as I'm doing the right things and not overly plagued with negs, that power can be channeled into doing some really amazing things. It's true that God helps those that help themselves.  

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
955 posts
But you ARE doing something....you'r not thinking from a fearful space...you introduced yourself to an unknown being who was stuck and afraid and offered to help...that's doing something...if you'd gone in swinging then the outcome would have been different...you showed you were not going to hurt it....I've discovered that if the energy emitted by a spirit feels off it doesn't necessarily mean its evil at heart....it's just a different species...and this one needed time...so...you DID do something...lol...good job!
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
143 posts

Thank you. And thank you all for your support. I'm very grateful.

Paul
Paul
@paul
3 weeks ago
925 posts

Yep. Most often they are. I found some hideous things at a well known Catholic Church in Miami once that kind of left me... how come? So it was taken care of and precautions put in place so it does not return. The Pope was reported to have visited it and supposedly blessed it... figures. Most likely the creature came in with him... LOL

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book