Seeing other worldly beings - Question

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
6 months ago
145 posts

Hello! I was wondering about what different people are able to perceive and see the other day, and some stuck me as being very similar to what some old tales say. My question is, what do you think about people who wrote or talked about having seen beings such as fairies, nature spirits or will o wisps and such, mythologicsl creatures, etc.? What are your thoughts about the origins of these 'visions', and how 'common' would that be (for someone to see such 'things') in the world of today, especially as we've managed to destroy or limit/exploit so many natural sites where they were said to appear? 

How come so many people see only/mainly what they perceive to be negative spirits but you don't really hear of helpful ones unless you live maybe somewhere in the far East?

updated by @kate: 09/05/18 07:41:48PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
878 posts

@kate:

You bring up an interesting topic. I think we are programmed from birth to think of spirits as bad. It's the big unknown and Hollywood has always portrayed spirits as scary with bad intentions. I live in a home where we have had quite a few spirits passing through over the years. Initially it scared us. But they mostly leave us alone. They make noise and sometimes move things but for the most part don't do bad. As a result I have been used to things that go bump in the night as mostly being harmless. But I have had some negative run ins as well so you always have to be on guard.

I have never seen a fairy that I am aware of. But in recent years and months there have been strange white almost Tinkerbell white lights in my bedroom at night. I don't believe they are orbs or ghosts the way they look and hang around so it makes me curious as to what they are. And my wife had a run in on a hiking trail with an angel. 

And I did want to mention that I had a former assistant who can see spirits who told me she often saw little people sneaking around. When I questioned her on it I she explained them as being smaller than a human dwarf. More cat sized and they looked like garden gnomes. And she says they can be a bit distracting and mischievous.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
5 months ago
145 posts

@hop-daddy

Very interesting to know! I really enjoy reading about what different people's experiences are, good or bad, honestly makes me hopeful about the multiple ways one can perceive "reality", and how many people remain open to doing that, and why their voice seems covered by other "more important" things. I want to remain honest to myself, and I know I might've seen weird appearances in the past as well. I've previously been scared by the idea as well, and so i think this determined part of my mind to try to ignore whatever I might notice for even a split of a second, but something "sparks" these, even if ever so subtle, and I can't erase that from my mind.

@spiritualskies

An organised/pragmatic approach certainly is interesting as well and might lead to finding out interesting stories about the area I'm living in right now ;) We'll see

updated by @kate: 04/22/18 10:47:27PM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
5 months ago
145 posts

If able to :)). My thoughts on the nature of these spirits however is that bad feelings, guilt and sadness attract in turn more of the negative kind, and the way our mind is wired or the way we let it be without actively working on it, on learning and understanding, is the main reason why we get stuck in so many depressing situations. So basically that we are "little gravity centers", even black holes or worm holes at the same time, absorbing "particles" and transforming them. 

Too many life forms to count, and all of them vary. Same with our sensations, no one should ever come to think everything is trying to harm them and completely close away from all the future possible (possibly positive) experiences. 

updated by @kate: 04/22/18 04:39:53AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
878 posts

@kate:

What I've learned about myself is that I often block things I pick up on just by second guessing. What I've been trying to do over the past year is not second guess and just let the emotional message come through that I pick up from spirits. If you can try to do the same you will probably find that your first impressions that you feel about a spirit was dead on (no pun intended). I have also come to understand that while some places are truly haunted by tragic events that keep certain spirits tied to a location, there are also free roaming spirits everywhere. So as you start to tune into more of that you'll pick up on spirits all over the place.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
5 months ago
145 posts

That is something I'm interested in and I would like to hear more about. I feel sad... or uncomfortable, knowing I have this feeling that like people in the old times we could today refer to coexisting harmoniously with "spirits and everything else".

But people concentrate on the black and white view. In nature a certain smell will attract a certain type of bug, and the same happens with our thoughts, and we have control over them, or should, if only people were more widely taught to look deeper than appearances and also look within themselves. There's that thing that goes, when someone does their job well, or does something good, no one notices... and only when things go bad they start realising... then we are left with what? Reports of exclusively bad encounters and a lot of uncertainty... because only the tragic sets people's minds in motion? Are humans just incredibly forgetful?

updated by @kate: 04/30/18 02:13:58AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
878 posts

@kate:

On that note, media has focused on the "if it bleeds it leads" mantra for some time. All we get now are horrible stories of fear and misery that humanity inflicts on each other. Gone are the good-will stories or the water skiing squirrel videos that used to pop up on the news 25 years ago. It's really sad and is imbedded in our society.

Paul
Paul
@paul
2 months ago
926 posts

I have come across some Mythical Creatures that I thought would never be real. Dragons and a Gryphon. So I know they could be real but in the etheric world that interfaces with our own.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
3 weeks ago
145 posts

Paul:

I have come across some Mythical Creatures that I thought would never be real. Dragons and a Gryphon. So I know they could be real but in the etheric world that interfaces with our own.

About dragons. For me it's interesting in the sense that it always made me feel sad when other people were "deifying" acts of... what can be called medieval cruelty due to lack of knowledge, ever since i was small. 

I am Christian myself, but you know how they have the picture of St. George killing the dragon in so many places, and preaching about how killing the dragon symbolizes the destruction of evil? I can understand symbolism and association, but it bothers me how no one is feeling like they missed a chance to study an amazing species of reptile or maybe a more "supernatural" occurrence, or tame/befriend/come to understand it (i mean in the actual days, as obviously back in those days they had more fear when it came to wild animals) and is like "yeah that's cool boo to anything that looks weird and looks like it could kill us, even if it never actually would unless poked in the eye" pun intended. It's probably the only re-occurring visual representation that i feel at odds/uneasy with still. The story of course was, even back then, told/popularised from a third person perspective and got changed a lot during the centuries, but I'm referring to the modern day thinking about the concept, or lack of. I've only found one picture so far of an artist who probably had similar thoughts at some point named "St. George's Remorse" on DeviantArt. 

People are mostly like "it's a fictional thing" but that does not or cannot cancel out what i felt myself. Today I could say that the same symbolism goes the other way around, showing or predicting how unbothered some people have been and still are by the killing of so many animal species, and thus their environments, and of some rich layers of reality. I depicted them (dragons, or beings that resemble "chimeras") in my drawings a lot ever since I started drawing, being one of my favorite subjects along with other more "down to earth things". I was never able to see them as bad and it bothers me when i read or know about stories or movies where the "dragon" is killed, because of the magical potency and intelligence they withhold, yet also ability to exist in the natural world without disrupting it... what happens is in the west this/these get automatically attributed to evilness. Same with snakes.

Or used to. Quite a few noticeable changes in the past few years. Still not much changed in terms of adult collective consciousness. And the young people/mass-media nowdays are more bothered by whom they are legally allowed to have sex with or not (and gender pronouns) when we have so many other cool things to debate or bring into reality/manifest. Sigh. It is a start, but on a quite low level, as in vibe. Beautiful the times when you went with your 9 yr old friends to the essentially wild forests around your mountain holiday home in search of fairies, dragons and magical creatures xD. 

I've been waiting for games where you can play as a magical being and more exactly as a dragon for ages (and some other fangirls/boys too probably) but we're stuck with a very old-fashioned The I of the Dragon Game which bugs quite easily and needs a remake, I'm not aware of any serious other ones. 

They are very underrepresented in quality stories despite being the most popular by far! At least we got HTTYD, and it would be a shame to belittle adults who loved it (like myself, at least on the outside) just because it has a "for kids" tag. The concept is beautiful. 

updated by @kate: 08/31/18 03:59:31PM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book