Seeing other worldly beings - Question

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
last year
157 posts

Hello! I was wondering about what different people are able to perceive and see the other day, and some stuck me as being very similar to what some old tales say. My question is, what do you think about people who wrote or talked about having seen beings such as fairies, nature spirits or will o wisps and such, mythologicsl creatures, etc.? What are your thoughts about the origins of these 'visions', and how 'common' would that be (for someone to see such 'things') in the world of today, especially as we've managed to destroy or limit/exploit so many natural sites where they were said to appear? 

How come so many people see only/mainly what they perceive to be negative spirits but you don't really hear of helpful ones unless you live maybe somewhere in the far East?

updated by @kate: 06/10/19 01:55:28PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
1,027 posts

@kate:

You bring up an interesting topic. I think we are programmed from birth to think of spirits as bad. It's the big unknown and Hollywood has always portrayed spirits as scary with bad intentions. I live in a home where we have had quite a few spirits passing through over the years. Initially it scared us. But they mostly leave us alone. They make noise and sometimes move things but for the most part don't do bad. As a result I have been used to things that go bump in the night as mostly being harmless. But I have had some negative run ins as well so you always have to be on guard.

I have never seen a fairy that I am aware of. But in recent years and months there have been strange white almost Tinkerbell white lights in my bedroom at night. I don't believe they are orbs or ghosts the way they look and hang around so it makes me curious as to what they are. And my wife had a run in on a hiking trail with an angel. 

And I did want to mention that I had a former assistant who can see spirits who told me she often saw little people sneaking around. When I questioned her on it I she explained them as being smaller than a human dwarf. More cat sized and they looked like garden gnomes. And she says they can be a bit distracting and mischievous.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
last year
157 posts

@hop-daddy

Very interesting to know! I really enjoy reading about what different people's experiences are, good or bad, honestly makes me hopeful about the multiple ways one can perceive "reality", and how many people remain open to doing that, and why their voice seems covered by other "more important" things. I want to remain honest to myself, and I know I might've seen weird appearances in the past as well. I've previously been scared by the idea as well, and so i think this determined part of my mind to try to ignore whatever I might notice for even a split of a second, but something "sparks" these, even if ever so subtle, and I can't erase that from my mind.

@spiritualskies

An organised/pragmatic approach certainly is interesting as well and might lead to finding out interesting stories about the area I'm living in right now ;) We'll see

updated by @kate: 04/22/18 10:47:27PM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
last year
157 posts

If able to :)). My thoughts on the nature of these spirits however is that bad feelings, guilt and sadness attract in turn more of the negative kind, and the way our mind is wired or the way we let it be without actively working on it, on learning and understanding, is the main reason why we get stuck in so many depressing situations. So basically that we are "little gravity centers", even black holes or worm holes at the same time, absorbing "particles" and transforming them. 

Too many life forms to count, and all of them vary. Same with our sensations, no one should ever come to think everything is trying to harm them and completely close away from all the future possible (possibly positive) experiences. 

updated by @kate: 04/22/18 04:39:53AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
1,027 posts

@kate:

What I've learned about myself is that I often block things I pick up on just by second guessing. What I've been trying to do over the past year is not second guess and just let the emotional message come through that I pick up from spirits. If you can try to do the same you will probably find that your first impressions that you feel about a spirit was dead on (no pun intended). I have also come to understand that while some places are truly haunted by tragic events that keep certain spirits tied to a location, there are also free roaming spirits everywhere. So as you start to tune into more of that you'll pick up on spirits all over the place.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
last year
157 posts

That is something I'm interested in and I would like to hear more about. I feel sad... or uncomfortable, knowing I have this feeling that like people in the old times we could today refer to coexisting harmoniously with "spirits and everything else".

But people concentrate on the black and white view. In nature a certain smell will attract a certain type of bug, and the same happens with our thoughts, and we have control over them, or should, if only people were more widely taught to look deeper than appearances and also look within themselves. There's that thing that goes, when someone does their job well, or does something good, no one notices... and only when things go bad they start realising... then we are left with what? Reports of exclusively bad encounters and a lot of uncertainty... because only the tragic sets people's minds in motion? Are humans just incredibly forgetful?

updated by @kate: 04/30/18 02:13:58AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
1,027 posts

@kate:

On that note, media has focused on the "if it bleeds it leads" mantra for some time. All we get now are horrible stories of fear and misery that humanity inflicts on each other. Gone are the good-will stories or the water skiing squirrel videos that used to pop up on the news 25 years ago. It's really sad and is imbedded in our society.

Paul
Paul
@paul
last year
927 posts

I have come across some Mythical Creatures that I thought would never be real. Dragons and a Gryphon. So I know they could be real but in the etheric world that interfaces with our own.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
11 months ago
157 posts

Paul:

I have come across some Mythical Creatures that I thought would never be real. Dragons and a Gryphon. So I know they could be real but in the etheric world that interfaces with our own.

About dragons. For me it's interesting in the sense that it always made me feel sad when other people were "deifying" acts of... what can be called medieval cruelty due to lack of knowledge, ever since i was small. 

I am Christian myself, but you know how they have the picture of St. George killing the dragon in so many places, and preaching about how killing the dragon symbolizes the destruction of evil? I can understand symbolism and association, but it bothers me how no one is feeling like they missed a chance to study an amazing species of reptile or maybe a more "supernatural" occurrence, or tame/befriend/come to understand it (i mean in the actual days, as obviously back in those days they had more fear when it came to wild animals) and is like "yeah that's cool boo to anything that looks weird and looks like it could kill us, even if it never actually would unless poked in the eye" pun intended. It's probably the only re-occurring visual representation that i feel at odds/uneasy with still. The story of course was, even back then, told/popularised from a third person perspective and got changed a lot during the centuries, but I'm referring to the modern day thinking about the concept, or lack of. I've only found one picture so far of an artist who probably had similar thoughts at some point named "St. George's Remorse" on DeviantArt. 

People are mostly like "it's a fictional thing" but that does not or cannot cancel out what i felt myself. Today I could say that the same symbolism goes the other way around, showing or predicting how unbothered some people have been and still are by the killing of so many animal species, and thus their environments, and of some rich layers of reality. I depicted them (dragons, or beings that resemble "chimeras") in my drawings a lot ever since I started drawing, being one of my favorite subjects along with other more "down to earth things". I was never able to see them as bad and it bothers me when i read or know about stories or movies where the "dragon" is killed, because of the magical potency and intelligence they withhold, yet also ability to exist in the natural world without disrupting it... what happens is in the west this/these get automatically attributed to evilness. Same with snakes.

Or used to. Quite a few noticeable changes in the past few years. Still not much changed in terms of adult collective consciousness. And the young people/mass-media nowdays are more bothered by whom they are legally allowed to have sex with or not (and gender pronouns) when we have so many other cool things to debate or bring into reality/manifest. Sigh. It is a start, but on a quite low level, as in vibe. Beautiful the times when you went with your 9 yr old friends to the essentially wild forests around your mountain holiday home in search of fairies, dragons and magical creatures xD. 

I've been waiting for games where you can play as a magical being and more exactly as a dragon for ages (and some other fangirls/boys too probably) but we're stuck with a very old-fashioned The I of the Dragon Game which bugs quite easily and needs a remake, I'm not aware of any serious other ones. 

They are very underrepresented in quality stories despite being the most popular by far! At least we got HTTYD, and it would be a shame to belittle adults who loved it (like myself, at least on the outside) just because it has a "for kids" tag. The concept is beautiful. 

updated by @kate: 08/31/18 03:59:31PM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
9 months ago
157 posts

Another observation is, and why/how people came to compare/attribute various symbols or entities/animal avatars to their negative counterparts... partly due to this weird form of "reversal" we have been living in, that I've been feeling, for lack of better words to describe it with. They call something that is essentially bad "good", and things that are essentially good, bad. It is comparable to living in a turned over world, or, an interesting concept i picked from reading about tarot related subjects, expressing the qualities of a reversed card.

The same applies to the symbol of dragon in my opinion. It's been distorted and people "bought" it, for some reason, don't understand why, in the West at least, thought certainly not everywhere.  

I mean, this can apply to conceptual entities as well. 

updated by @kate: 10/09/18 05:25:04PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
1,027 posts

@kate:

You are very observant. It's an upside down world right now. There are forces at work beyond our comprehension that are creating and feeding fear, anger, and revenge. You can particularly see this in the current media agenda in America where they distort stories or even flat out lie in order to create outrage, and then fan the flames of that anger. 

There is also a lot of blatant deception going on that is often driven by these same media agencies and Hollywood. And like you said, all of a sudden we're being programmed as a society to think certain things that are clearly bad are now acceptable and good. And that things that we've previously known to be good are now bad. There's no logic to this. The sheep of the world that this is the latest "we love list" and latest "we hate list". And most people don't even notice. The exception is people like us who are empaths and light workers that see how much things are off (out of balance). @cheshire-cat and I have talked about this extensively.

I am personally frustrated at how I see my side of the world (USA) being completely manipulated by media and whoever is controlling their destructive messages. They now have half the country absolutely hating the other half. And these fires of discontent are stoked daily. Its as if something at a higher level has cast a spell to create massive turmoil and release of low energy on a national and even world-wide level. And this is something that I have seen brewing and escalating for the past 20 years.

Paul
Paul
@paul
9 months ago
927 posts

Dragons are a type of energy being that may still be around and hidden in the physical. Most associate them as evil creatures but they are not. I've no doubt some may be. They are quite useful and are so willing to help us at this time. Now the Gryphon was created by the dark ones and abused for not being bad enough. He turned on them and decided to work for good. He was vetted. He did pass the sword test and is content working for the good of all. Christianity views them as bad and evil things.  But then many things taught by christianity today are just not true.

Green_Star
Green_Star
@green-star
3 months ago
11 posts

That is a very interesting question. Unfortunately, I've never encountered a positive being but have heard many stories of people seeing angels and such. My only experience is seeing shadow people. I mostly just get a glimpse of them from the corner of my eye and it really feels bad when I see them because I know they carry purely negative energy. This usually happens during stressful times in my life. Would be great to see one of the beings associated with positive energy as others have experienced.Happy

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,027 posts

@green-star:

I like you mostly see, feel, and hear ghosts and negative entities. (I use the neg entity as a catch all because I'm not quite sure what some of these things are, including things that are invisible spiders that crawl up my ankles). My challenge is that I mostly don't see entities and ghosts other than an occasional shadow figure or quick moving shadow. But I've had plenty of unseen things call my name, whisper in my ear,bang walls and cabinets, rattle door knobs etc... And I've even had some mischief around me from unseen things. So I know they are there.

I also have had what I think are angelic visits that mostly were white or yellow orbs that had a peacefull and calming effect on me. One was a Tinkerbell like yellow shape that clung to a ceiling fan light fixture that was turned off and radiated a pulsating yellowish-gold light for about 5 minutes. My understanding is that anything good or angelic is hard to catch sometimes because we perceive them in our dimension as something small and slight that could easily be missed. So keep your eyes open and you may catch something positive like that one day. There are also times when angels take human form. But I have not personally experienced that yet.

@moonshine:

As you probably know, when we humans are all very young we pretty much all have spiritual and psychic abilities and see all sorts of things. Part of that ability is from being so young in human form that our souls are still easily connected to the other side, and part of it is due to our bodies, and minds have not yet been molded around man's religious and societal beliefs that block those abilities. For example, we all remember being kids or having kids that experience a monster or ghost at the foot of the bed, under the bed, or in the closet? This is a very common situation that is wide spread and blamed on children's overactive imagination. The truth of the matter is that in most cases they are seeing legitimate beings. But when their parents or guardians tell them it's just their imagination and to stop being scared, their little minds start to disbelieve and block what they see. 

With regard to your manifest comments, there may be something to that. I did quite a bit of studying and watching shows on ghosts and entities last year to try to better help solve some problems with ghost & entity problems in our home. And the more I read, watched, and fed my brain on this subject, the more unseen things would make noise around me to get my attention. I don't know if they liked me thinking about them, or whether they didn't like me researching on how to get rid of them. But either way, the more energy I spent thinking about them, the more they came forward.

updated by @hop-daddy: 04/30/19 12:58:13PM
Green_Star
Green_Star
@green-star
3 months ago
11 posts

wow that sounds like an awesome experience to see such figure of pulsating light for so long. I will for sure keep my eyes open and hopefully I too can experience such angelic beings. Thank you!Happy

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,027 posts

I brought all of this up because often I hear from people who say that they see and hear ghosts but never hear or see anything good or angelic. And they start to wonder if there really are angels or "good entities". Earth-bound ghosts are easiest to see and detect because they are still clinging to our reality. Many of them don't know they are dead or just refuse to cross over so part of them still has one foot in our reality (so to speak). Whereas when spirits and angels come to visit us they are in a totally different reality and it can be hard for them to present themselves in a way that the living can easily detect. As I understand it, they often present as very small orbs of light. This seems to especially be the case with spirits of people who have crossed over but come back to visit you. As I understand it, it takes so much energy for them to come through to our dimension that they often come through visually as very tiny orbs or faint light. Btw, I think most likely the tinkerbell light that I saw was a spirit and not an angel. Maybe I was lucky enough to be visited by one of my dead grandparents. Happy

Green_Star
Green_Star
@green-star
3 months ago
11 posts

That's really cool. I have also heard that it takes a lot of energy for spirits to visit us and manifest themselves before us. I think this might be why sometimes we experience strange things such as faint noises/whispers and objects moving slightly. I think they would like to be more clear with us but they just don't have enough energy so they try to get our attention as best they can.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,027 posts

@green-star:

Exactly. In fact, spirits often choose to insert themselves into our dreams as that is an easier transitions for them.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
2 months ago
157 posts
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,398 posts

It's called "programming" for a reason, and it is supposed to be over stimulating in order to distract us from raising our vibrations high enough to escape 3D. Some say we are also going through an area of different magnetic energy now that has caused the mostly dark people to be worse, the good to be even better, and the crazy to be crazier, as well as making time speed up. That sure seems to be happening from where I sit. I think you are right that most people live in their bottom 3 energy centers only, never venturing into their more estoteric capabilities, and that is just the way TPTB want it to stay. We have a chance to escape from this level of duality now and they are pulling out all the stops to prevent that. I guess we just keep working on ourselves and put one foot in front of the other.....

michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
205 posts

@kate @cheshire-cat and others who care: The other day, I felt a profound sadness for our world and all humans. It opened up a seeing of the state of the world and how we got to this point. I saw generations of people being assulted from many directions. It has been a cummulative attack and now, in our times, it is in full force. My sorrow increased as my heart went out to humanity. Do the many even stand a chance against what they do not know of nor understand?

We can sit back and wonder, sometimes disgusted or angry at people's lack of vision; I know I have done this. The analogy of the frog in the water which eventually starts to boil is a good one. People have been slowly, surely, methodically been exposed to horrors of a greater and larger magnitude all thru the ages.

Now they daily wittness the anti-life force of continuous planetary war, destruction of the environment, destruction of family and community, rampant crime some of the most heinous sins within the populations and by those who rule. People feel helpless to do anything about it.

They are bombarded by perverse sexual images, music of a jarring nature, movies/tv/media of extreme violence and in your face demonic activity...notice in many of these demon type movies no more is there a counter attack of the religious/spritual type.

Child victims are the norm in families, confused sexuality at earlier and earlier ages, bullies are not punished and it is the schoolyard victim of bullying that gets sent to psychiatric 'care' where they are put on mind dulling meds to shut up and deal with it. In fact much like Huxley's, "Brave New World," it seems as if entire populations are on drugs/meds for no other reason than their inability to live in an insane society.

The still religious, who try to hold on to their faith, wittness sexual assult by clergymen or crimes of embezzlement of church coffers, breaking their belief in goodness and God. Although I have seen the twisting of religion, it still gave many a moral compass to guide by and educate the young in virtues...religion was better than no religion at all. Today, there is little awareness of 'sin.' What young person today can name the virtues or the 7 deadly sins, or even understand the practice of sacrifice?

How can we of a higher knowledge, sit back and judge or even wonder at how others can't pull themselves up? Sure the once hidden esoteric paths are out there if any wish to study...but could they even understand what they're reading? Educated citizens of the 1700s performed better than their modern brothers and sisters in reading, writting, mathematics and in comprehension. This was a sure and steady goal of forces who do not want humans to advance.

Freedoms are taken away on a daily basis. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights have been described by the political as just pieces of paper....how many even think of their Constitutional Rights? Everything they do/own is subject to taxation and registration...When I was young, when you advanced in career and raises you actually did better, your quality of life went up, you got married, started a family, bought a house, etc. Nowadays, government, insurances, extreme rise in prices of basic goods/necessities... are demanded and most never really get ahead due to enforced draining off of money. What do the young have to look forward to?

Earth is very old; many civilizations have rose and come to an end....more than is realized. The planet, all planets in creation, go thru this. Then, a cataclysm comes along and the populations are wiped out, a period of time goes by and senitent beings rise again through their development, where there is opportunity  to 'do it better' in society and soul growth. These cataclysms are for soul [and I know many won't like this word] 'harvesting,' separating "the wheat from the chaff." This world has had pitifully low harvests thru the many cataclysms experienced.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't help feeling that this harvest is extremely important. That the dark has the plan of rising into higher levels of creation...they do advance but it is only to certain levels of densities...there are higher levels of STS [Service To Self] but the driving force, call it the Luciferian if you wish, is or has attacked all worlds within creation. It won't win of course, for these beings will be cleansed and brought back to Source but I really had hoped for a larger net of STO [Service To Others] in this harvest and a future humanity unencumbered by dark forces in their soul development.

All these things I speak of is where the part of humanity that knows can help. But it will take extreme self knowledge, self control and correction to accomplish. Understand how humanity itself is creating dark thoughtforms to add to the corruption...the dark doesn't create these, they can't; humans are unrealized creators and are being poked and prodded and herded into giving form to dark creations. Do not wonder why they do this, build upon your own Light and walk the Earth!

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

updated by @michelle: 05/12/19 06:02:57AM
michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
205 posts
To elaborate on the following, from my previous post:

"But it will take extreme self knowledge, self control and correction to accomplish."

Here is some info on G.I. Gurdjieff's teachings.

Gurdjieff was a True Spiritual Master and Mystic of the 20th century, an extraordinary man whose teachings deal with the most important existential questions about the meaning and purpose of human life. He lived during a period of political and social unrest and could realize that most of humanity had long stopped functioning in a harmonious way due to difficult social conditions. 
After many years of personal search and spiritual practice, Gurdjieff managed to enter the essence of ancient traditions, and find the lost answers that preexisted all known religions and systems of faith. He presented them in such a way as to make them understandable and more easily accessible to the modern man of the West.

Gurdjieff's spiritual method of self-awareness was called by his student P.D. Ouspensky "The Fourth Way," because in it, Gurdjieff incorporated the intellectual, emotional and physical aspects of self-development, instead of separately working on each one of them. In order to achieve this, he not only used lecturing and writing, which appeal to the mind, but also music and dance to wake up emotions.

Gurdjieff's ideas cover many different fields of knowledge. He was a mystic, a philosopher, and a psychologist who went deep into the human psyche, and came up with the realization that our apparent limitations are the result of our unwillingness to act and change in such a way as to be able to use the full range of our natural and divine endowment.

Gurdjieff saw man under the light of his possible evolution. While psychology examines the man in his current state of existence, and tries to heal his weaknesses, Gurdjieff's aim was to help him develop his potentialities, become aware of his real nature, and "wake up from his sleep," by applying the proper spiritual practices which he called "The Work."

Gurdjieff believed that humans, in their normal, everyday state, are extremely mechanized with almost no degree of freedom, and that human activity is mostly reactive to environmental stimuli, thus leaving little margin for originality in actions, thoughts and feelings. He taught that humans who desire to escape this slumbering state, must first become aware of their mechanized nature and then gradually, replace mechanized thinking with true and potent levels of awareness.

He applied an esoteric teaching which explained how to restore the lost knowledge and whatever was distorted in religion, and which could help men to develop their essence and get rid of the fake, artificial personality of an automaton, which is just a part of a machine.

Gurdjieff knew that as long as man is treated "in the mass," world harmony is not possible to be attained. Since the world is a reflection, or an enlargement of the individual world, if individuals do not develop, the world will not be able to live in peace and harmony. Gurdjieff gave humanity his esoteric teaching of The Fourth Way, through which individuals follow the sacred, inner path of self-transformation that will eventually lead to a collective, new awakening.

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book