Spiritual activity and menstruation

friendyloner3
@friendyloner3
4 months ago
19 posts

Today it dawned on me to ask you all if you've noticed any relationship between your menstrual cycle and spiritual activity. 

This is a little bizarre and I might be imagining it. I feel like, when I'm on my period, more spirits visit me. I have chronic insomnia issues, which tends to flare up badly during my period, so I usually attribute the (seeming) increase in spiritual activity to the sleep deprivation, since more spirits visit when I'm sleep-deprived. When I get in this state, I often have a decreased appetite as well...which is probably more related to the period...I don't know lol 

Do any of you experience things similar to this or am I just hormonal lol?

updated by @friendyloner3: 03/09/18 10:09:11AM
friendyloner3
@friendyloner3
4 months ago
19 posts

Thank you for your reply! To answer your question about whether or not they bother me, it really depends. Now that I have a bit of a better understanding of the spiritual world, and I know that it's not just my imagination, I usually enjoy the visits. Sometimes they will interact with me physically while I'm trying to sleep during my insomnia spells, which can get a little annoying...but I try to remember to ask them respectfully to stop. By interact physically, I don't mean anything harmful per say. One will like sit and kind of bounce on my lap...or at least that's the closest I can come to describing the feeling. Also, one recently seems to have taken an interest in my teeth, which is a little bizarre and hard to explain lol.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
772 posts

@friendyloner3:

My teenage daughter is an empath and her senses and spirit activity increases when she has her period. I have a theory that spirits are highly attracted to us when our empath vibration lowers. I wonder if that relates?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
3 months ago
79 posts

@friendyloner3 i've just posted a longer commentary on that in this thread if you're still interested, rehashing some things i've read and experimented with regarding spirituality and menstruation

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/empath/50119/ladies-does-this-happen-to-you

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
130 posts
Another aspect; I'm not sure if women have explored it or partners of either gender, whether empath-empath or non empath to empath relationship.

Not sure if I should start a thread on it? But since this original post was looking at spiritual side I thought I'd shed light on bodily/physical changes, every woman ofcourse is different, and each will go through similar yet individual changes. Can look into it in any search engine for more depth in general and then try to understand from a empath level, in various learning approaches.. but from what I'm aware of, libido during this phase can increase, from what I know in an empath sensory aspect when energies echo through others, that some past recommendation I made for some have been working. So maybe that's why more recently I've been alerted to it?

Where PMS is concerned, I can get to 10 in temper in a flash and literally anything can trigger and mood fluctuations, some women though I'm not as bad as them are not forces to be reckoned with during this time lol but that doesn't justify taking it out on others, so partners should be alert and sometimes gently remind if they're being too aggressive. Cravings for particular foods, iron is lost through the process so they can; whether empath or not attract spiritual and others negative energies without knowing, something that's actually tickled my curiosity now to look deepr into this where the PMS phase is concerned.
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
130 posts

My insight around menstruation isn't that helpful, as I personally have PCOS but equally I can't go around asking my sisters and friends about they're menstruation cycles, but if they do bring it up in conversation as women will talk about the most randomest topics when together, I'll sneak in a few questions or listen attentively to observe and understand on an energy side.. or there's always the option to read personal blogs where useful

updated by @spiritualskies: 04/09/18 12:12:42PM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
one month ago
140 posts

Interestingly enough, people do not realise how useful and crucial menstruation is for females. 

It actually rids the body of toxins, and it's by far one of the body's most efficient ways of doing so. It is basically preparing you for pregnancy. Eating, drinking, breathing comes at a cost and that is accumulating toxins that need to be eliminated: this happens everywhere and with everything on Earth. The color, odour, length etc of your period can also tell and warn you about any possible issues inside your body, and if you get dizzy and unwell during it it's a clear sign you might be lacking vitamins or iron/zinc etc. and need supplements for it/them (better find a way to enjoy food rich in whatever you lack, rather than through supplements, shakes, pills and painkillers, which are bs, you're not missing an arm, you're just going through menstruation, unless it really does get bad for you).

It is truly sad that during history there were times when menstruation was seen as a shameful thing and women were not allowed to talk about it. 

Menstruation can also make you less grounded, or at least that's the impression I end up with, and when that happens, everything is magnified. Your emotions can also come up to the surface much easier, but that's part of the "cleaning" process as well, and it's not bad, it's a sign that you've simply gathered and bottled up emotions that better get out or will cause you problems later.

Naturally, "light" and shininess attracts. It's not a bad thing... but people nowdays and society seem to be in love with anything unnatural and harmful, so what happens is that natural reactions or happenings/emotions are regarded as bad or stupid by the "normal people". I had to digress, Freud style. But it's directed in general at people who never learn, sorry if it comes off as too "angry".

So much easier to have a 180 degree roll when menstruation strikes if your life is sedentary. Physical activity actually helps to reduce pain, or did in my case. Also listening to your bodily needs, you will feel like eating certain foods and drinking more water a couples days before the "day", and if you won't and will ignore it, which people are taught to do, ignoring their basic needs thoughts and emotions, you will obviously not end up feeling good, or dehydrated, or dizzy. 

You will always feel more spiritual activity and ease of information exchange around a person leading a healthy lifestyle, and menstruation is a natural cleaning cycle, although it does involve losing nutrients. 

However, in nature, many mammals have menstruation, but instead of bleeding the outer womb lining, they just reabsorb it! I am a bit unsure about how much more of a better evolutionary tactic "bleeding it out" (Linking Park reference? :P) is, and how it affects us, but it's definitely an interesting topic.

updated by @kate: 05/23/18 09:29:59AM

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book