sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts

I think that once you step on that path, even when you walk away you are always brought back in.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
945 posts

@pinkrose:

That's a good question. I have seen my mother for one suppress/block her empath abilities. Part of this for her is done through very strong religious beliefs. But as I was awakened a few years back I tried to ignore it as I definitely did not believe in any of this. But my anxiety kept building and I kept having very strong and strange things happening to me (like visions, having ghosts contact me, some telepathy). It got to the point where I had to either face that this was real or consider that I maybe was losing my mind. And as I accepted it and learned more about spirituality and being an empath, my skills increased significantly. And over time, I was calmer. 

Out of curiosity, what's your reason for wanting to shut the door and go back as a non-empath?

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts

pinkrose: @hopdaddy I'm just stuck in a situation that keeps going round in circles, I just want to be cut off from the world. The Same people that give hope seem to be the same ones to take it away. I couldn't care less how they feel right now I poured my everything to them only to be another dirty door mat

I don't know enough about your situation to provide any real insight, but I will say that a huge struggle usually comes before the peak.  Try salt baths or deep meditation to find out why this cycle keeps occurring.  What is the lesson?  Push through!  This too shall pass :)

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
945 posts

@pinkrose:

If I had a dime for every time I have heard a fellow empath say the exact words you mentioned there, I would be rich! 

We have all gone through what you have gone through. Initially as an empath there is a lot of pain. You will learn to adapt to everything over time ad then things get easier. And part of that journey is to see people for who they are and limit who you let in your life. There are some very good people out there. But there are also a lot of bad selfish people who take what they want regardless of the harm they do to others. And those types of people seem to be very attracted to empaths. You will learn to notice that pattern and not let those types in to your life. The narcs out there in particular are the ones you want to watch out for as they will use you and abuse you and leave you devastated. 

I'm guessing none of this will make you feel any better about the hurt that you are going through. Just know that it will get better, and that you will learn to choose friendships in the future with people who are good for you.

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts

@pinkrose

I'm glad you're feeling better!  It comes in waves, but I think the further we progress the less likely the wave are going to knock us down, until you feel it, but you're still standing tall.  Have you ever practiced any shielding techniques.  You feel silly at first, but after a while you start to get a lot better at it, and I think it really does make a difference.

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
10 months ago
40 posts

@pinkrose

There is one that I've been doing where you breath with you eyes closed in a quiet, comfortable place.  you can be in any position, but I find that sitting is the best for me.  Breathe deeply and imagine that your breath is filling a space that is becoming your Aura (or shield) around you.  As you see this, say these three phrases.  "I return all negative energy to the earth to be healed." "May only the most loving the most divine and the most true enter my aura" "If any negativity enters within my aura may it only be for my highest benefit."  I like to end it with a thank you.  If you do that twice a day (once in the morning, once at night) it should start to help

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
945 posts

@pinkrose:

I think I know what you mean. But can you provide more detail on your feeling of an illusion or nostalgic bubble?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
945 posts

@pinkrose

Got it. I know exactly what you mean. The nice thing about this site is that we can share experiences and determine that we are all just normal "empaths". For me about once a week I wake up feeling like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm a little irritable but don't really know why. Something just bugs me and my head hurts as if I have a faint headache. When I get like that I just want to be alone and just let my mind rest. I feel very here but not all here, and like you said it's very heady. But when I get like that my empath senses are really heightened. I pick up stuff from near and far. And I can kind of feel as if I have two parts to my brain. One part that has me controlling it, and the other part that is on full blast empath autopilot.

If you experience the same, I have found that a good nap usually gets rid of feeling off like that. But honestly when my senses are heightened I usually take advantage of it and see where it goes. I'm constantly learning how all of this works as it changes all of the time.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book