Questions on being Psychic...

LoconnorO
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
168 posts

I know, in my experience, that I'm not a psychic. I've come off as psychic to people before, but I don't identify with being a psychic at all. For me, I read people incredibly easily, I feel their energy, and I pay attention to what I mirror when I'm around them, and then I can put together things. It's scared multiple people in my life when I come out with an oddly specific question to their situation, and they have no idea how I got the information, but it's just obvious for me. 

Now on the other hand, I've started developing a really weird thing where when someone walks in with something going on, for example lung cancer, without knowing what is wrong, I will feel a pressure in my chest, or I pick up headaches from other people. It's very odd, and can be incredibly draining. Another thing that scared me originally was I feel pregnancies, the baby and the mother. I remember the first time I noticed it was when a teacher I knew suddenly "felt" different, her vibe was just different, and then I was asking myself "why" and all the sudden I got the urge to ask her if she was pregnant. Of course I didn't do it at the time, I thought I was going crazy and it can be really offensive to ask a woman if she's pregnant (especially if she's not)... but 3 weeks later she made an announcement that she was (and she hadn't been showing all that time). 

Does anyone else experience things like that? I still don't feel like I'm "psychic" but when I watch other people who identify as a psychic, it confuses me because I've picked up on some crazy things...

updated by @loconnoro: 09/05/18 12:06:24PM
Indigo Dog
Indigo Dog
@indigo-dog
last year
13 posts

Clairvoyant- The ability to percieve things without the use of the 5 senses. Maybe you will like this word better. Perhaps you have a negative feeling about people who call themselves Psychic. People in my life who are not very empathic or pshychic make fun of me, have disbelief and mock my gifts. It's OK, they are scared and a little confused by it. I love them anyway and don't make a big deal of knowing everything I do.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
940 posts

@loconnoro:

Congrats on your skill. That sounds pretty strong in you. I do get some visions of future events and can sometimes tell when a person or animal is dealing with physical pain that they are trying to conceal (or tough out). But I don't tap into a person's story or future as you do. 

Many years ago my wife had a lady walk up and touch her pregnant stomach and tell her our baby would be a girl who loves music and dance. And we laughed it off at the time (we were non-believers back then). But the lady was right on with all details. I would say it is unnerving for most to interact with someone who can tell them their future. I think most of society is unable to handle that. And like I did, some may laugh it off thinking “that guy is a nut”.

I usually have pretty strong empath skills. And I can read people's energies pretty well. But I don't usually tell people what I know about them. I have to be picky as I think a lot of people can't handle this spiritual stuff. But I generally help those that ask and those that clearly need immediate help (someone distraught etc...). I’m sure others will differ with my view. But I would imagine with your clairvoyance you will also have to be picky with who you help unless you are 100% okay with people identifying you as a psychic. And there is good and bad to having that label in our society. But that said, definitely work your skill and see where it goes.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
last year
156 posts

A couple of things I bet we can all do. First is pick up on pregnant women. The second is find lost things. 

Pregnant women stand out and glow, showing or not. I'm very attracted to them, but not in a sexual way. I see it as natures way of protecting them. They are very important to our survival. I haven't explored this with animals so much.

My wife always asks me where something she can't find is before she looks for it. This is more of a skill we can develop. The trick I've learned is not to actively search for it. It isn't something I do with my mind. I have to stop thinking about where it could be. In the past, I'd look for it until I got distracted and at that moment I would walk right to it. This is how I eventually figured out what was happening. It's much easier to find other people's things because I have no idea where it could be.  I'm teaching my daughter to do this, because she misplaces things all the time. It helps in a big way when things somehow end up in the trash and you don't want to go through all the trash to find it.

Theses are psychic skills by definition. It not just about visions and knowing. In all my treks deep into forests and exploring wilderness, I've never been lost. I couldn't tell you which way is north, but I always know which way to go. 

eri_ameonna
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
last year
45 posts

@zacharias, I agree in finding things not by actively searching, but walking right to them. But I must say I am a hopeless case when it comes to directions. I am easily lost and have no sense of direction whatsoever.

I am not much of a fan of the word "psychic" too, but "empath" and "clairvoyant" works for me.

updated by @eri-ameonna: 09/30/17 05:32:47PM
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
last year
156 posts

@eri-ameonna- If it makes you feel better, I get lost in the city all the time. I rely on GPS. It has something to do with all the other people around me. Some how they affect my sense of direction. I have to focus even if I've been there a hundred times before. My wife is a control freak that is constantly driving from the passenger seat. I'll miss turns and forget where I'm going with her in the car. I find it much easier just to take separate cars. In the woods I've never had that problem. 

The term psychic has earned some bad conentations. Most people don't like the word anymore. I would never claim to be psychic. What I don't get is why so many would rather just be mundane, and not want to believe in something extra ordinary. 

Holly5757
Holly5757
@holly5757
8 months ago
9 posts

I too have picked up on things that other people would not. It kind of gives me a heebie jeebie feeling when it happens to me. Every once in awhile I will get a very quick vision. Other times it is just a knowing. I have 2 incidents that stand out in my mind that this happened.

The first time, I was with my best friend and her family for a Christmas celebration. Her (slightly wild) uncle was leaving and I told him, "speed safely!" He kind of laughed and I told him, "no , seriously be very careful"  you see, I got a very quick "vison" of a car accident. He got into a very bad car accident on New Year's Eve night where he hit a tree and died. I felt horrible afterwards.

The second time, my cousin was excitedly telling me she had just found out she was pregnant. I said, "you are having twins!!" She told me to hush in a joking manor. Turns out she was pregnant with twins. I wasn't joking with her, it was just a knowing.

I have had other little things happen that made me question my ability. I wish I could get better at it. :) 

Holly5757
Holly5757
@holly5757
8 months ago
9 posts

I would love to be able to read others better. Or know when a thought comes about that it is not "my" thoughts but me feeling the other person. I question myself each time something happens. Wondering if I have a very vivid imagination or some awesome abilities that need tweeked. :)

Holly5757
Holly5757
@holly5757
8 months ago
9 posts

All of the above. :)

My husband has a connection to a girl he works with. One I am not happy about.  I feel his guilt/crush feelings for her when he is around me. But I also get flashes of some of their conversations. I have freaked him out by bringing the conversations up (that I am not a part of. I am not there) But I wonder sometimes if it isn't my anger at the situation playing tricks or I am getting true feelings from his feelings. (this is a very short version glimpse of a certain situation)

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
940 posts

@holly5757:

With practice you can open up your chakras a little to be more sensitive. The trick is opening them up just enough to be helpful. But if you open them up too much the feeling everything overload can be too much. 

A lot of people open up chakras through meditation. A short cut would be to use some crystals to help with that. For example, you may find lapis lazuli along with meditation as a way to strengthen your abilities. Here's some info. on that stone that I found online:

Lapis Lazuli Spiritual Energy

Lapis is one of the oldest spiritual stones known to man, used by healers, priests and royalty, for power, wisdom and to stimulate psychic abilities and inner vision. It represents universal truth. [Mella, 89-90]

Lapis quickly releases stress, allowing for peace and serenity. Placed over the third eye, Lapis expands awareness and conscious attunement to the intuitive self, stimulating enlightenment and enhancing dream work. It permits spiritual journeying, and tapping into personal and spiritual power. Lapis provides a connection with dream forces that are working to both guide and counsel during altered states. [Melody, 370][Hall, 172]

As a protection stone, Lapis Lazuli recognizes psychic attack and blocks it, returning the energy back to its source. 

Holly5757
Holly5757
@holly5757
8 months ago
9 posts

Thank you! I will try itWink

Reckless
Reckless
@reckless
5 months ago
123 posts
You seem gifted. Very observant. They all notice it. They want to hide the truth for some reasons. They feel uncomfortable around you.

You understand people. You know how to put yourself in their shoes when it calls for it.
leesita125
@leesita125
2 months ago
19 posts
Wow! I too pick up on energies! I LOVE how you mirror what you pick up on...
That reminds me of how I came to understand what was happening when a supervisor would enter my classroom. The supervisor has never been a warm and fuzzy kind of person. In fact, she came across as guarded, icy and very materialistic.
Whenever this woman would enter my room, my entire energy SHIFTED. I could be in a great mood, in my zone, enjoying my students BUT the moment this woman crossed the threshold of the door, I LITERALLY felt as though someone had a vacuum and the oxygen in the room was slowly being sucked away. My thrust would become BONE DRY, I would IMMEDIATELY LOSE my train of thought and I ALWAYS felt a sense of urgency. The minute she left, my mood lifted IMMEDIATELY! For years I couldn’t figure out what was happening until one day, I realized “this is not me.” I was picking upon her energy-THAT’S JUST HOW STRONG IT WAS and how sensitive I was to it.
The day I realized I was picking up on her energy and not mine, was the day she no longer had that effect on me. I still remember the depth of anger I felt toward her but that too has passed. In fact, I laugh at the way I allowed myself to react to her and I no longer feel ANY anger toward her. I feel deep sadness for her. I realize now, the depth of pain and pressure she feels to have and maintain a sense of power and control.
Other times, I have strangers come up to me and share things, VERY intimate or incriminating information as though they’ve known me for years. I It doesn’t bother me at all. I am actually in awe that people can be that trusting and revealing with a perfect stranger.
I’ve always been able to sense energies since I was a little girl. I definitely believe it is in my family. At least two other family members have been in tuned with my frequency without either having spoken about certain incidents. As I’ve gotten older and lost loved ones my frequency has gotten sharper. I knew the last time spent with my dad was the last time, I’d see him alive. He was not even sick. Over the years, I’ve had visits from people who have transitioned. Most of whom I do not know and some from other time periods. I am not always sure what it is that they are communicating BUT they are VERY much present.
In fact, I had an unusual experience today. After a penny rolled around several times and stopped, I began to see names and visions of a possible murder. A person I know of who lives hundreds of miles away was found dead a few days ago. I have not stopped thinking about it. I may have spoken very briefly to the individual once or twice. In fact, the last time we spoke may have been two years ago.
I totally get you. Thanks for sharing.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book