Heard My Name Being Called, No One Was Around

To post a reply, login or signup

sensi-sante
@sensi-sante
6 months ago
19 posts

Sometimes I can hear someone calling my name, but no one is around. Actually, it rarely happens but I just don't know what to make of it. The most recent occurrence was at a place where I worked as a temp. I finished my duties early and had an hour to go before my shift ended, so I went to the break room to take a nap until other work came along or until I could go home. (Note: Some managers frowned on this but it was something that several employees did. If those managers saw anyone sleeping in the break room, they did have the power to reprimand us.) Anyway, I set the alarm on my cellphone to wake me up at a time before my manager would be making rounds, I put my head down on the table and fell asleep. About 30 minutes later while sleeping, I thought I heard someone whisper my name. I didn't quite wake up and I heard my name again. This time, I opened my eyes but didn't raise my head. Then I heard my name being called one last time – very clearly and closely, only it wasn't a whisper. It was more like a normal, relaxed tone. When I raised my head, no one was around me. There was a group of maybe 4 people, sitting a few tables down from me, but they were in deep conversation and their voices didn't match the one I'd heard calling me. I'm certain no one in the group knew me by name anyway. As it turns out, the alarm on my cellphone did not go off. I can't recall if my phone malfunctioned or if I'd set the wrong AM/PM. Either way, the voice woke me up shortly before my manager made his way toward the break room.

Should I assume it was a guardian angel?

updated by @sensi-sante: 09/29/17 09:07:03PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
783 posts
Maybe a guardian angel..maybe just a regular spirit....in any case he/she saved your bacon by waking you up....lol...now you know someone's there you can acknowledge them and say thank you...
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
505 posts

@sensi-sante:

I have had this happen quite a few times. It can be a bit unsettling. On a few occasions it was a booming voice in my head warning me. And then over the past year I've had a half dozen times when I am alone at home and I hear a voice call out my name that will sound exactly like my Dad, wife, or son. Something is mimicking their voices. It's very unsettling. I personally don't know the meaning of what that was all about.

I have had what I believe to be ghosts whispers in my ear on occasion while I sleep. That could be the case for you. But then you did hear a voice again when you started waking up. It could be an angel. It's always tough to tell. Did anything else happen during that time that made the atmosphere in the room feel different? Or did you have ringing in your ears or sounds?

sensi-sante
@sensi-sante
6 months ago
19 posts

@womanwhowalks Lol... right! I've thanked them many times :)

@hop-daddy Nothing else happened that made the atmosphere feel different and I didn't have any ringing in my ears. I wasn't scared but I felt a little confused because I was so sure that someone very close to me just said my name and I know I wasn't dreaming. It's happened in other places too but I always shrugged it off. Only this time, I heard it 3 times in a row.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
505 posts

@sensi-sante:

Interesting. One of my goals this year to find a better way to separate ghost interactions from ghost interactions. I usually can't tell which is which. But for me when something paranormal happens I usually get a strong feeling that the atmosphere in the room has changed. It's hard to explain but everything feels and seems different eventhough I can't pinpoint what it is. I also usually will have either my left or ear ring pretty strongly.

I read once that ghosts often carry emotions that they took to the grave (unhappiness, regret etc...). And when they interact with us empaths we can often feel that emotion. Whereas with angels, there is usually a calming feeling that they project on you.

It sounds like since you were calm that you most likely had an angel encounter. And I think the fact that it came as a voice in your head that no one else in the room heard is another tip off. And it would seem that by being woken up that you avoided getting in trouble with your manager. There is probably an important connection there.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book