Attacked in a dream last night.

To post a reply, login or signup

lizw47
@lizw47
10 months ago
36 posts

I had a dream last night I want to tell you about.

So I was in my dream and I was standing up in front of a bunch of people explaining to them that I was an empath. And these are all people that I know from real life, I recognized their faces. I am explaining to them what an empath is, what life is like for me as an empath, what sorts of traits an empath has. Everybody is sort of just listening. Nobody is making skeptical looks or judging me in any way. They are just openly listening to me talk as I explain what life is like for me as an empath and what I do.

Suddenly I find myself in my bedroom, in my bed. And this voice is like “Oh, you’re an empath, are you? Well try to escape me.” And suddenly there is this **thing** on top of me. It is a black, shadowy thing. It has no distinct features, it is just sort of a shadow, but it is on top of me. And it keeps telling me, “Fight me, fight me.” And I’m just laying there in bed like “Ugh, right now???” (I was comfortable in bed, why do I have to get up and fight this thing?!) And it keeps insisting that it wants me to fight it. It wants me to show it what kind of super powers I have, since I had just been talking about being an empath, it wants to see if I can do it. I really really do not want to! I can actually feel the weight of this black, shadowy creature pressing down on my chest. It is so weird. Okay, so I start to get up. And I feel some resistance as I get up – I’m not sure if I felt resistance because I was pushing back against this thing, or if it was because I was tired and didn’t want to get up out of bed. Anyway, as soon as I actually sat up, the black, shadowy creature got scared and slipped away. And then I woke up.

I used to have a lot more nighttime visitations by these dark creatures. This is the first time in years I have had a dream like this. Which is weird because I have gone through more progress lately with my spiritual life – I started meditating, seeing a holistic counselor, I had a hypnotherapy session the other day. Wow, these kind of events really throw you for a loop! I had forgotten how much I hate having events like this occur.

Questions for the crowd: What do you guys think about this? Is this just a dream with a lot of symbolism, or a visitation from something weird? And if it’s a dream, what does it symbolize? And if it’s a visitation, what da heck was this thing and why did it visit me? Where can I go to find more information? Any opinions are welcome!!!

updated by @lizw47: 07/03/17 05:37:18PM
Calla Lily
@calla-lily
10 months ago
11 posts

I'm guessing it may have been one of two or three things:  either a bullyish entity is challenging you or what manifested in your dream was a 'feedback' thing where your subconscious was telling you to challenge yourself with your abilities.  Have you seen this particular entity before or did it seem familiar to you? When you used to have dreams with these things in them before, were other people in those dreams too that you knew in real life? I'm wondering if it could also be a subconscious thing where you wonder if people may challenge you if you tell them about your abilities.

lizw47
@lizw47
10 months ago
36 posts

Calla Lily:

I'm wondering if it could also be a subconscious thing where you wonder if people may challenge you if you tell them about your abilities.

I like this interpretation, thank you :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
504 posts

@lizw47:

I just replied to a post to @calla-lily about dreams as well. Dreams are really hard to interpret for empaths. Sometimes it is as simple as your mind reconciling your subconscious feelings of fear, resentment (and any other range of emotions). 

If these dark creatures are reappearing more often in your dreams then maybe there is more to it. I had some dark creatures visiting me at night in my sleep in addition to all sorts of bizarre freaky dreams. I once dreamt that a grim reaper type was at the foot of my bed. The dream scared me awake only to find that for about 5 seconds that dark robed object really was at the foot of my bed (in real life). It disappeared after 5 seconds but about gave me a heart attack. I've also had all sorts of spirits haunting me at times at night banging on walls, rattling doors, whispering in my ears, and pulling on my bed sheets. In asking around I found that it is pretty common for empaths to be contacted and bothered by things at night both in and out of your dreams. And I was able to keep the creepies at bay at night by putting protection stones under my pillow and a bowl of rock salt on my nightstand. They for the most part now leave me alone and I have better nights of sleep with mostly non-spooky dreams. I wonder if doing the same would help you sleep better and help you have less scary dreams?

Angel
@angel
9 months ago
607 posts

I'm curious about your response to the shadow.Most people would see this and be scared or angry, but you seemed more apathetic to it then anythings, so I'm wondering why. :) I am also wondering your current thoughts or before this dream on your take of "spirit dreams", did you believe they were real before, or did you always feel like they were just a part of your dream and you got over your fear of them because your believed it was just a dream?

lizw47
@lizw47
9 months ago
36 posts

Yes, I remember having a distinct feeling of irritation in my dream towards the creature. Like, "Can you please go away, I'm sleeping right now" LOL

But the whole thing felt a lot different. Whenever I have a dream, I can tell it is a dream. When I woke up from this, I was very, very scared and unable to go back to bed. It felt like it really happened. Although everybody's responses here have made me believe it was just a dream, and that makes me feel better.

I've had these sort of shadow creatures visit me in dreams before but not in many years.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book