The Awakening

To post a reply, login or signup

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
9 months ago
729 posts

Over the last six years that I have been a member of EC I have been asked several times what (The Awakening) actually means. Usually I write a long winded explanation that satisfies me but I'm never quite sure about the person I wrote it for? And recently I read a perfect one sentence explanation of what The Awakening truly represents.

The Awakening is when the Paranormal becomes the Normal!

That's it. Why I had such a difficult time with this is beyond me! 

updated by @bill-walker: 07/02/17 07:13:25PM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
9 months ago
410 posts

For me, awakening was becoming fully present and having my senses heightened (aka: truly "awake"). The paranormal didn't creep in right away...it was a gradual process. At least, that is my experience :)

But your answer is concise and general, more for someone who hasn't experienced it to be able to comprehend it. Thanks for sharing!

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
9 months ago
729 posts

Thanks Lotusfly!

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
9 months ago
410 posts

Bill Walker:

Thanks Lotusfly!

You're welcome, Bill!

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
9 months ago
169 posts
oh man yes paranormal becomes normal then i am AWAKE!!! not crazy after all!!! i needed to hear that cause i question it all the time....
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
9 months ago
410 posts

Hermes.V: @lotusfly, how did you know you were fully present?

Hi Hermes,

When I became fully present, I noticed the sparkles in the sidewalk, the birds chirping in the trees, the wind blowing leaves on the ground... My thinking reduced, I felt like I was taking in more stimuli (noticing more) from my environment, while still being self-aware. What was going on around me held my attention more than my thoughts, so I noticed my thinking less and became one with my environment.

I go back and forth these days...from my mind (I'm a writer and use the computer a lot) to my environment. But my thoughts are no longer disruptive. I have control over if I want to ponder something or if I want to rest my mind. It's really rather nice :)

I was awakened through a grounding technique in a group setting with the help of a medium. I had never done (or known how to) ground before. I was shown a child's drawing of a tree, with the roots and all, and was told to imagine myself as that tree with roots growing from my feet into the ground and was told to breathe and cycle my breath/energy from the top of my head, through my body, into my feet, into the ground, and back around again. It was all very peaceful and I was glad I was shown how to ground! Then the medium touched my shoulders and helped me to ground further and when she did, I felt an energy blockage clear from my body. I was in a state of bliss afterwards and didn't want to talk or anything...just wanted to be with the feeling of inner peace :)

I now meditate/ground daily, though I feel I live in a state of presence. It's stress-free most of the time.

That was my awakening experience, which happened over a year ago (8/26/15). I was not the same since and it's been quite the journey from that moment. I joined the Empath Community in December 2015, I believe.

Thanks for asking! I hope that answers your question! :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
711 posts
@bill-walker
Glad to see you back in the community...you have been missed. You always had a lot of good things to say. That is a great one line analogy for awaking 😉 Thank you for sharing
Blessings
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
9 months ago
729 posts

Thanks Cat-whisperer! I never really left, just having a harder time with new format and enough time to actually participate!

Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
8 months ago
15 posts

When I became fully awakened. I felt lighter, as in all my troubles were lifted. I always felt I didn't belong, But Now I do. Unloved! I am very much loved, I see the world in a totally different way. I am way less negative about people and their attitudes. I have set all my families, rude comments and how much people hurt me, and criticized  me, away. I have forgiven, I no longer hunger for acceptance from them. ,I am more in toon with my feelings, myself, helping others, and the love and closeness that I had with animals has reached the aliment status. I read them even more, I read people more then before too, But with animals, I hear what they think. I knw why they are sad.. I know the abuse they have been through. I am more alert on my surroundings.. I just am a very much changed person!!!!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book