Paranormal Investigators

To post a reply, login or signup

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
11 months ago
867 posts

What are your thoughts concerning Paranormal Investigators? 

updated by @nocturnes-angel: 07/03/17 01:40:22AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
507 posts

I have personally only had experience with them from TV shows. Most of them seem bogus and they just rely on electronic equipment to detect voices or energy changes. I would think any legit investigation team would need at least a couple empaths or mediums to analyze the emotion and intent of spirits.

We've had so much spirit activity in my home over the past 10 years that I've been tempted to hire someone to help clear out the place. It's been hard to find someone reputable to do this. And since we have a couple empaths under roof I wonder if it would do any good as I think we attract spirits all the time anyway.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
11 months ago
867 posts

Hop Daddy:

I have personally only had experience with them from TV shows. Most of them seem bogus and they just rely on electronic equipment to detect voices or energy changes. I would think any legit investigation team would need at least a couple empaths or mediums to analyze the emotion and intent of spirits.

We've had so much spirit activity in my home over the past 10 years that I've been tempted to hire someone to help clear out the place. It's been hard to find someone reputable to do this. And since we have a couple empaths under roof I wonder if it would do any good as I think we attract spirits all the time anyway.

I am not a fan of Paranormal Investigators for the reasons you mentioned, as well as, I don't like the fact that they disrupt the deceased, disembodied, etc. for their own personal entertainment.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
507 posts

@nocturnes-angel:

Have you tried helping people research their hauntings or clear their houses of spirits? I know you said you don't like to disrupt the deceased. But sometimes these spirits seem to be confused or stuck and maybe you'd be helping them find the other side rather than disrupting them? I'm curious as to your take on that. 

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
11 months ago
867 posts

Hop Daddy:

@nocturnes-angel:

Have you tried helping people research their hauntings or clear their houses of spirits? I know you said you don't like to disrupt the deceased. But sometimes these spirits seem to be confused or stuck and maybe you'd be helping them find the other side rather than disrupting them? I'm curious as to your take on that. 

I assist, pass on messages to strangers who at times think I've lost my mind & cross spirits on a daily basis.  To me there's a difference between going on a ghost hunt  (which I don't do) & assisting spirits in need of assistance.

The ghost hunts, etc.  that I'm aware of do not permit crossing of or assisting spirits as it's how they make their money which I feel is really wrong.

Yes I help people with their homes, places of work, etc.

knujac2003
@knujac2003
11 months ago
19 posts

I tend to watch the TV shows for pure entertainment.  I have no problem with investigators some people need outside reassurance for whatever reason.  What I do I have a problem with is they seem to get their confirmation  by any means necessary ( disrespecting and antagonizing spirits ) they seem to gather the information they need and leave the people without any help in dealing with what's going on.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
728 posts
I have respect for the ones that actually go in and help the people with thier paranormal problems, which seems that there are very few. However, the ones that go in just to get "proof" that there is activity there I feel is being disrespectful of the deceased. Especially the ones that antagonize the deceased to try to get activity to happen (I won't mention any names here). To me this is no different than going into someone's home and bullying them. These spirits mostly need help...not someone upsetting the situation for their own entertainment. There is enough bullying in this world without having to bother the deceased also. Ok, I'm done with my rant 😊
Angel
@angel
11 months ago
607 posts

Well, I was one of the psychics for one group and the founder was insane...literally! She faked EVP's (yeah, I didn't think it was possible, but she did it!) She dropped the ball when getting back to families and her "lead investigator" had such an ego that anyone else had any evidence, he wouldn't accept it. However, my husband and I do watch paranormal shows. Ghost Adventures is truly a bunch of reckless kids, who, on one hand I have to give them credit for trying ANYTHING to get evidence of the truth, but also plays to much with fire and they have been burned a few times! We used to watch Ghosthunters, but Jason throws out WAYYYY to much evidence and at the end it's always "oh don't worry, you fine, they aren't harmful" when clearly they are!

I think when it comes to paranormal investigations, however, most people don't respect the dead. They are so focused on getting evidence andn proving their exsistance, that they fail to realize these spirits are not just "ghosts", these are actual human beings or entities with a brain, with a heart and with a soul. But most of them hunt them down worse then animals and it's sad.It's also dangerous. The ONLY ones that seem to get some kind of respect are crossed over loved ones, which they should get respect, but I think more respect to the other spirits are in order. And it's not just respect for who they are but what they are capable of doing! I see priests go into a home, waiving a bible around, yelling and screaming at spirits,having  literally NO CLUE on what they are dealing with, and then wonder why people get attacked, possessed and sometimes killed! They have no understanding of energy and how their negative energy towards the entity is like gasoline to a fire! It's completely unnecessary and I'm sure most of it is show for the families, which is why they ALWAYS come back! :) Anyway's, I guess this to is a learning process and I hope that people can evolve from the barbaric practices and move into something respectable.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
10 months ago
787 posts
I used to watch the paranormal shows wishing I could actually encounter spirits...lol....now I don't need to....I do like the ones where they help spirit as opposed to just going in with equipment to do nothing to help....I find that so disrespectful...the use of machines for me is not needed so why watch it.....actually I don't need those shows as I have PLENTY of activity and company ....altho I get the feeling spirit ALSO like to watch those shows ...when I had cable I seemed to always leave the tv on with one of those shows on when I left the house....I never new why....lol....now I have someone who absolutely LOVES Midsummer Murder...won't let me leave the house to go to work until I turn it on....lol...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 01/25/17 06:47:13PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book