Has anyone had a fear of trying anything paranormal?

To post a reply, login or signup

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
10 months ago
100 posts

This has nothing about my religious beliefs. But I'm afraid of trying anything paranormal. People talking about meeting spirit guides, trying tarot readings by themselves, meditating to find out about their past lives. But whenever I try to do anything like this I get scared. Like something telling me I shouldn't do something I don't know well about. It's like being afraid of doing something you are not sure of rules. I know that if you surround yourself with white light and ground yourself you will be protected. But still something stops me from doing anything. So, I can't go on a spiritual path like I wish to. Anyone else feels the same?

updated by @merin-eliz: 07/26/17 02:57:28AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
866 posts

I'd recommend working on why you feel this way because until you figure out why you become afraid, apprehensive, etc.  it will always be there lingering.

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
10 months ago
100 posts

I'm not really sure why. I'm just afraid of doing something wrong and disrupting balance.

Angel
@angel
10 months ago
603 posts

Merin Eliz:

But whenever I try to do anything like this I get scared. Like something telling me I shouldn't do something I don't know well about. It's like being afraid of doing something you are not sure of rules.

There's your answer :) You don't know enough about any of these things to try any of it. I'm also sure you have read horror stories about opening yourself to this side as well, so I would suggest is to do more research specifically in the areas you are most interested in. Your not going to be drawn to all aspects of it. For example, tarot, it's not for everyone and I'm a witch! :) Seriously, I have more oracle cards then I will ever use and I had two sets of tarot that I got rid of for two reasons, the first, I didn't connect with them, tarot is to confusing for me and I hate having to memorize a bunch of stuff, and two, I don't like the energy of them in general. The energy in tarot feels like a lower energy to me and I don't feel anything beneficial from them. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that my energy and the energy or regular tarot cards, for some reason don't mesh. You may find that is true for you as well. Or you may have a desire to open up to one side of the spiritual realm, such as a higher spiritual realm but you don't want to open yourself to all of the realms, more specifically, the lower realms. This is a common fear and one that shouldn't be taken lightly, because the reality is when you begin to open yourself to the spiritual realm, it's like emotions, you don't really get to pick and choose, either your open or your not. Now, alot of people have trained themselves to focus on a specific area of spirit, which is why they use protections, grounding and focusing excercises in order to connect with one side and protect yourself from the other.

So my advice is this. Figure out what you are wanting to accomplish. If you are wanting to meet your spirit guide, then study how people connect with them. Study the protection, study on meditations that will connect you with more light energy, and how to ground your energy, so you can stay focused on that specific area. Don't try anything just for the heck of it, because this is what your conscious is trying to help you avoid. The world of spirit is broad so you don't need to know about everything, just on the things that you need to know in order to help you move forward on your path. I always suggestion people connect with the higher spiritual realm first, to either meet spirit guides, angels ,ect, because this energy you will know, you will feel and will be your anchor if you ever do run into anything negative. You always have access to it so once you learn to call upon it and bring it towards you,the quicker you will get at it, and the easier your transition if you do decide to move into another area of spirit. It will also help you figure out what  spirit you are dealing with. Since Empath's are so sensitive to feeling energy, you will learn what energy is good and be able to pick off other enetites that are not so good, simply by feeling that shift in energy. Instead of feeling peace and comfort, you might pick up a hint of something that just doesn't feel right, and if that's the case, that's you cue to know your not dealing with what you think your are.

Fear is common, but knoweldge is power and the more knowledge you have, the better the experience you will have. With that said, I will leave you with a couple of things that are shared more amoung magickal practitioners. The reason why is because it's ALL about energy, connecting to it, feeling it, controlling it, and since everything is mad up of energy, these little tidbits should help. The first one is to be specific! When you go into meditation, know what your goal is, be specific who you are trying to contact even if your not sure.. aka, my guardian angel, ect. Be specific on who can speak to you. Be specific on why you are doing it. Having these goals with specific intentions will help better target the energy you are wanting and not accepting just anything that comes your way. So, be clear and specific on what you are trying to accomplish.

Two, always know your emotions and state of being. Though emotions can be very powerful tools, like attracts like. It doesn't mean you won't have any negative emotions such as fear or anxiety or whatever, let's face it anytime we go into something new, we will feel a little uneasy, but, there is a huge difference between going into it feeling a little anxiety over what you are about to do and going into it after a huge fight with the boss or spouse. If you got something big that just happened and it's hard for you to focus on anything else, you might be better off just doing an energy cleanse,grounding and focusing exercise before going into it. The emotions and thoughts are energy and can manifest or turn into a beacon for unwanted entities if we don't have control of them. When we are grounded and in control, we project that energy and this is the energy that will come to you.

And three, listen to yourself! It's one thing to try something new and get a little doubtful or uneasy, but if your brain is screaming at you "don't do it", then listen to it. It may be the wrong time. It  may be the wrong circumstance, or it may not be the right fit for you, or maybe you just need more information. But listen  to that little voice inside and trust. Just because it's the popular thing to do, doesn't mean it's right for you. Or maybe it is right, but the method for you is not right. This is when you take a step back and ask yourself questions.

And last, when researching, take what fits YOU! If it sounds off the wall and you don't relate to it, it's not meant for you, or maybe just needs to be tweeked a bit in order to fit you. What  works great for one, may not work for another. But this is your journey so study different beliefs or methods and go with fits you. And if it doesn't sit right, even if Sylvia Brown herself swears by it, then move on to things and methods that do.

Much of this will be trial and error, but if you follow your intuition, the process will go much smoother and quicker for you. This is your jounrey after all, so make it your own :) Many Blessings on your path :)

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
10 months ago
100 posts

Thank you so much for your reply!!!!! Yeah i understand what you mean, I should focus on what i want. What I want is to spiritually improve myself. and for doing so I believe I need help from my spirit guides. So i want to meet them. I suppose I should just get rid of my anxiety to begin, like you said, and just believe it will turn out right. Thank you! :-)

richardrawley
@richardrawley
10 months ago
4 posts

I consider myself a newbie when it comes to the paranormal and I've been leery of certain practices involving "contact" due to the warnings online about negative attachments. I don't know how prevalent dark entities really are, but the topic has created some apprehension for me. 

Richard

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
479 posts

@merin-eliz & @richardrawley:

I agree with how you two feel. As a bit of a scientist I have always been a skeptic about anything that science can't easily explain. As a result it has been a big step in my life to understand and accept my empathy over the past 12-14 months. And then over the past 6 months it seems that I am pretty much daily being approached by ghosts that want to communicate (or maybe they are angels or guides as I really don't know). But it is unnerving and I am not yet ready to open up to it. And I think some of this is the conflict this reality plays with my christian upbringing. And I've already had some run ins with darker/negative entities so I worry that I may get in over my head while trying to make contact. But yet I know deep down that will be the path I take at some point. Perhaps it's just that we have to take baby steps on this journey until be are confident enough to run.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
10 months ago
764 posts
Maybe instead of calling them ghosts...change the term to 'spirit'...ghost is more of a fearful term...Spirit has more of a dignified and noble aspect to it...I think they prefer that to the term ghost...it might make things less scary for you as well hop-daddy....I also use 'being' as opposed to entity as that's also used in a way that scares ppl...entity implies demon...which not all entities are...I also use 'different species'...lol...I try and stay away from terms that create fear....or are used to create fear...
Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
9 months ago
100 posts

@richardrawley yeah me too. Everytime i read something about stuff like astral projection or mediation, i get scared cause most people say that you can't be sure what you might come into contact with when you're doing it and i'm like no, let me be on the safe side and not do any of these.But at the same time I feel this pull to try these out, it's so frustating cause you want to try out them but you're afraid of it.

@hop-daddy yeah i'm a  bit of a scientist too. that's why i can't seem to come to terms with the fact that these things exist. But some part of me can't deny it either. so, i'm in a constant pull and push with my psychic self. Perhaps if i had been in contact with angels and so on I would have easily believed. But I haven't. Maybe it's cause i'm too afraid and too skeptical.

@karen2 well, for someone as scared as me, any term other than human, angels, guide or God is going to scare a bit. XD. Maybe i'm a big coward.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
9 months ago
764 posts
No...your not a big coward....sometimes it takes a bit to get comfy with certain ideas to the point where you feel safe enuf to jump in....the paranormal is a scary place to be on occasion...dealing with different types of energy and spirit...learning how to do things that keep you safe is important for sure....and getting to that point where your feel safe in your own abilities to face anything you come up against...learning g how to shift you ideas to fit the circumstances etc...and not always expecting it to turn out exactly as you think it should....overcoming fears of any kind takes time and practice....you not a coward....your learning. ...😊
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
9 months ago
764 posts
One thing i've learned is that not all fear is our own...you may think it is but it's your body and brain's way of making sense of what's going on....other reasons may be that your linked to someone else who may be afraid of something similar aND you're brain in interpreting it as your own fear....another is that your guides may be holding you back if they don't know exactly what they're supposed to do....THEY may be afraid and don't want you to get hurt....that's the one i'm receiving more the correct one...you can talk to this fear energy at anytime....ask it questions....at night when lying in bed ask it a question and see if you have a dream in response....you need to get to know your spirit team 1st...they'll be the ones helping you the most...once you get that in place you'll feel more secure in making the choices you need to make...small steps are better than jumping in in most cases....I HAD to jump in...lol...and learn quickly...but if I could do it over i'd have taken it more slowly...it seems your guides are on the youngish side...not quite sure...so a few of mine have offered their assistance. ...hope you don't mind...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 01/13/17 09:53:21PM
Hermes.V
@hermes
9 months ago
104 posts
Hi @merin-eliz

I read an article recently that's related to what you posted. Here's the article.
article
Here's the first sentence of the last paragraph:
Sadhguru:
Without this stability, no one will ever dare to explore the unfamiliar terrain of life.

Life is a game once you've mastered the rules, you'll see.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
9 months ago
764 posts
Hermes.V:
Hi @merin-eliz

I read an article recently that's related to what you posted. Here's the article.
[url=http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/sadhguru/masters-words/explore-mysticism/] article[/url]

Here's the first sentence of the last paragraph:
Sadhguru:
Without this stability, no one will ever dare to explore the unfamiliar terrain of life.

Life is a game once you've mastered the rules, you'll see.
What a lovely article....thanks Hermes. ..
Hermes.V
@hermes
9 months ago
104 posts
You're most welcome @karen2
I'm glad you liked it.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
711 posts
@hermes
Great article, thanks for sharing. Have noticed as the article mentioned, the older I get the less I want to jump out of the pan into the fire. This though is irrational to me. Taking chances and going out of the comfort zone has always netted good things in the past.
Blessings
Hermes.V
@hermes
9 months ago
104 posts
@cat-whisperer. Hehe, that is very true for you, for you are already comfortable with the uncomfortable. Chances are opportunities for you. Still, you might want to check if being comfortable has become uncomfortable. Then the process continues until comfortable and uncomfortable dissolve.
Blessings :)
weary_soul
@weary-soul
8 months ago
4 posts

HNMMM well this was an interesting assortment of discussions. I have try many paranormal things. As a child I communicated with Spirits and angels. The reactions from adults who happen to catch glimpses of spirit or angels put a fear in me thAT LASTED UNTIL ADULTHOOD. strange  it did not stop the spirits from communicating with me. I was raised a christian, held onto that fear until my middle 40's.  It was then that I realized any spirit that try to communicate with me that I felt fearful of I had the power to tell them to leave. It was also the realization that the Bible does not say it is wrong to communicate with ghost or spirits but says it is wrong to call on spirits. I believe this is cause when one passes over and is not communicating that to call them up is disturbing their restful state. It takes tremendous energy to call a spirit forth besides not knowing who or what you are calling. But if a spirit is communicating with you then there is nothing to fear.  I astroprojected for years.  I grew up in a haunted house or so it was said. All I know is there was a lot of unexplained phenomenon that happened. One thing that I experience numerous times was astroprojection while sleepng. I was amazed to find out I could cause this all on my own. There are other things I try and ound out they do work. There is one thing I will not ever do again or try. Yes I am quite scared of trying or doing this again. I noticed recently it is a trend where lots are getting into it. This is remote viewing which anyone who is practicing this right knows it is not the same thing as astroprojection. I never experienced any kind of side effects from astroprojection but remote viewing caused lots of side effects that was not pleasant. It took me over a year to recuperate from a few months iof practicing remote viewing.    I have been on several sites and noticed that some have complained about some of the side effects . There is also side effects that are not spoken of on these sites. The strange thing is when I asked if others had the experience someone has always responded with a yes before the whole thread disappears.   Remote viewing messing with time continum and causing some weird psychological reactions, those side effects are listed. The method was placed on the net from stanford university and the government. I do think the government monitors those sites. Yes I am extremely afraid of messing with that again.

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
8 months ago
44 posts

My problem is that the "paranormal" find me.  I cannot shake off the presence of others - whether in the flesh or not -.  As far as I'm concerned, picking up on the energy of others is not limited to the physical world.  This, in turn, leads to all sorts of esoteric barnacles - those uncomfortable attachments that cling to us, and its very hard to shake them off.  When referring to energy, I mean the ever growing following of non-physical beings. Someday, I may bring home one too many hitchhikers.  It's just bizarre that sometimes I don't pay attention to any of this.  Other times I am overly sensitive.  I guess that is just the fate I have been dealed. I try to help others through their experiences as well but I am not always successful. Coyote medicine only goes so far until I have to get real and be a bit more direct.  Oh the risks I take... just because it finds me.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
479 posts

@soothsayer4:

If you can elaborate maybe we can help you. What do you mean by paranormal things following you? Are you talking about spirits? And do you see them? If so, please describe them.

D.A.Darby
@dadarby
8 months ago
11 posts

@merin-eliz I feel the same way and I know why I feel that way.I was told, growing up in a Christian family that it was bad, but that is not what stops me.  I am not exactly sure what to do about it though. I feel as if there is something just waiting for me to open that door. Not exactly a spirit waiting for a door, but something waiting for Me to open it. I don't like it, but lately i feel as if i want to face it, due to some crazy things going on, but I fear it is not something I could control. Does that make sense?

updated by @dadarby: 03/09/17 03:45:03PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
764 posts
Hi...what kind of things are going on, dadarby?...
D.A.Darby
@dadarby
8 months ago
11 posts

@karen2 Oh boy, you asked for it. 

The other day my nephew 9mos old started choking and his mom and I tried the baby Heimlich to no avail. He passed out very quickly, too quickly. 911 was called and his dad was able to get him breathing albeit, weakly with cpr, by the time the ambulance arrived. He is in the hosp. still but we found out he has a congenital lung issue from birth which was why it was worse than it should have been. He is better and they are waiting on tests. The reason it bothers me so much, other than the fact that it was entirely scary is the fact that ever since he was born I felt like I didn't want to get too close to him. Hes a cute kid and I love kids, so I am curious to know if it is possible it was that congenital thing I sensed? Or other stuff, his mom is very protective almost unnaturally so, and I sensed that too but they are going through stuff, although I cannot say what because they don't share, and that might be why I stopped visiting as much after the baby was born.  Another thing is, my 8year old witnessed everything going on with him, I took her outside to calm her the usual...well i couldn't sleep because everything about it kept replaying in my head over and over, the day after I couldn't swallow my food and kept feeling like I couldn't breathe very well.  I went back to work yesterday after two days of this and was able to eat solid food by lunch time, was it because i was out of the environment? Could it be I was physically manifesting my memories of what was going on with him? Its insane but I did not tell my daughter what i was experiencing and she said her throat was hurting. All of my kids seem to be absorbing all the negativity from whats been going on, is it from me specifically or are they picking up on my sis in law's family? Just not sure what to make of it all or do about it going forward. I still feel like I want to withdraw but how can I feel that way about a baby for petes sake, I think i am going crazy.

updated by @dadarby: 03/09/17 04:43:31PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
764 posts
Well...a few things...number one is...your an empath...empaths pick up on EVERYTHING....your connected energetically as well as genetically to everyone in your family...therefore it's understandable that your having after shocks..and anxiety....your children as well especially if they witnessed the event...feeling another's pain is part of some empathic abilities....it sux....i've always found that by cutting enervy cords to people who are above what I can handle energetically helps immensely after I cut the cords I can relax a bit and get grounded...enuf to handle whatever comes when I deal with the same people in my family...your child will also need to come down from that trauma she witnessed...so providing quiet time away from the people in trouble would help too...your not crazy. ..just very overwhelmed...
D.A.Darby
@dadarby
8 months ago
11 posts

Yes. Indeed I am overwhelmed. I will try to figure out how to cut the cords. Thank you for your insight. This has been going on for a long time, ever since we moved so close to them I feel their energy overwhelming mine. I very much dislike it. I don't know if it is a sign of weakness in myself or just a note to how heavy theirs is but I want no more of it. 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
764 posts
I have to ask....when your at their house...does it feel ok in the house?
D.A.Darby
@dadarby
8 months ago
11 posts

The tension is really thick, if that's what you mean. I have visited there before and not had any issues but over the past year I have spent less and less time over there. No one over there is happy and I am not sure why. 

updated by @dadarby: 03/09/17 08:55:31PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
764 posts
What i'm understanding is that there 's some sort of presence in the house or on the property....it may also be what your sensing...and what's causing the heaviness and unhappiness...it doesn't necessarily mean your family is unhappy...but the presence in the house who's emitting the heavy and unhappy energy....it feels like a strong presence...when a human is sitting in that heaviness day after day it's impossible to not be affected by it...it didn't cause the baby's illness...but it's causing a negative effect in the house....it may even be trying to keep you from going back because it can sense you may be a danger to it...it could have come into the house with a new item that was brot into the house...an antique...or piece of furniture...that's what keeps coming up...
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
7 months ago
44 posts

So as to follow the ethics of this site, I will not attempt to gain access to the person posting or the house.  However, perhaps I could give a little advice.  If there is an unwanted energetic presence in the house you may be able to see the energy of it and where it extends to, or is connected to. First follow your instincts - allow your empathy antenna to increase and scan the room with your eyes slightly out of focus - helps if the light is dim or dark.  Look for a line of energy and follow it.  See where it leads to and from.  This will give you a clearer idea of what it is and where it is located.  I don't suppose everyone can do this but an empathy may be able to "feel" hi way to the energy rather than see it form a distance.  The difference is the distance - it creates  a safety barrier rather than taking the chance of absorbing unwanted energy.  Hope this helps.  

D.A.Darby
@dadarby
7 months ago
11 posts

Is it possible to IM you @karen2 or @soothsayer4 ? I am interested in learning/sharing more. 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
7 months ago
764 posts
Sure you can pm me..if I can help I will....
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
7 months ago
44 posts

Sorry, I'm a bit infrequent on this site.  If I could figure out what IM is, I'd be happy to do so. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book