Trying To Find Meaning After A Near Death Event

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
476 posts

It’s been just over a year since I became aware of my empathy. And while I have learned a lot about this type of spirituality, I still struggle with the concept of angels and spirit guides among us. Part of this is trying to reconcile this with my religious upbringing, and part of this is my seeing is believing view on things. And since I have not really ever seen or communicated with an angel or spirit guide, I can only go off what I have learned from others to form my beliefs. But possibly related to this, I have a near-death experience story that I wanted to share and try to get some perspective from the community.

I have had a few close calls on near-death experiences over my lifetime where it kind of seemed like someone invisible was looking out for me. The one that was most recent and so remarkable was about three years ago. I did not know I was an empath back then but suffered from constant anxiety and trouble sleeping. My wife and two young kids were travelling with me back from a trip across the desert. My wife and I had just had an argument in the car that left me really angry. I was also exhausted and should have known better that I was not in the condition to be the driver on a 10 hour drive. As I continued to drive I started feeling really sleepy. I’m pretty good about not nodding off while driving, but this time it was almost as if I was drugged. I started feeling really warm inside in almost a drugged feeling that was quickly causing me to fall asleep. I tried to fight falling asleep but the warm drugged feeling felt so good that I started to give in to it. My eyes were almost closed and I was rounding a bend with a big rig fast approaching in the opposite direction. As I completely nodded off I knew I was drifting to the center lane and would crash into the big rig head on at 75 miles an hour. But yet the drugged sleepy feeling was so strong and comforting that I gave into it and fell asleep heading straight into the big rig’s lane. And then suddenly within a second or two of being in a deep sleep, a white light burst out of my body from my solar plexus region. The light brightened up everything like something you would see in a sci-fi movie. The light felt warm, powerful, divine, and brightened up the entire landscape while instantly jolting me awake as if I had 10 cups of coffee.  I instantly pulled our car safely back to our side of the road and watched as the big rig breezed by. I would estimate that the white light lasted about 3 seconds and lit up the road and surrounding landscape with a flash of white that looked like someone dropped an atomic bomb.

I know now that we should have crashed head on into that rig. And at that speed none of us would have survived. I should have been a nervous wreck from a close call like that. But that white light’s energy made me feel alert, calm, and peaceful the rest of the day. I didn’t even need any caffeine the rest of that trip to stay awake. That light invigorated me and we drove safely the rest of the way home.

I will never forget what a remarkable experience that was. And it was especially weird that the white light originated from within me. Can any of you share your interpretation of what happened from a spiritual standpoint? Has anyone had a similar experience?

updated by @hop-daddy: 07/31/17 01:00:28PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
708 posts
I haven't had that exact experience, but I would like to share my story. This also happened before I was aware of my empathness. Hindsight..I suffered a lot of mental issues, but now I realize it was because I didn't realize I was taking on others emotions as my own. Amazing stuff happens out there that cannot be logically explained..you just gotta trust it.
A few years ago I was going though a time when I was suicidal. I was in a bad car accident (not intentional) that had some strange things happen. The location where I crashed was notorious for no cell coverage, however, I looked down and my phone was lying next to me. I called my husband and was able to tell him where I was and that I probably needed to go to the hospital. At this time I didn't realize the seriousness of my injuries. My husband showed up and tried to use my phone...no cell service. The whole time all this
was going on I felt as if I were being held with the most loving, comforting hands. I was told (telepathically) that it is not my time to go and I need not be thinking about going. I felt so at peace and loved. By then police and first responders were there. Someone had went to a nearby house to call due to no cell service. All around everyone was so frantic...I kept telling them I would be ok. Something else I was told. I will never forget that incident. Everyone there said I should have died. After that day, my suicidal thoughts were gone. Someone was definitely there with me even though I didn't see him, I sure did feel him. To this day when I drive by that site I try my phone....no coverage.
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
476 posts

Hermes:

Thanks for your insight. I quite enjoy your posts and was hoping to get comment from you. It gives me a lot to think about. I have one more near death event story I wanted to share that also seems right out of a sci-fi movie. But I want to share to see if anyone can help me connect the dots as to the meaning because they are puzzles in my life that I have been unable to solve. I’m happy to be alive but am curious why I have been saved on a few occasions. Here’s the other story:

When I was 17 I was on my way to see a movie with 3 friends of mine. All 4 of us were jammed into an old Ford Mustang where the back didn't really have any seats and there were no seatbelts. I sat in back and it was really more of an elevated bench. We were joking around and my friend who was driving had his head turned looking at us in back and failed to notice that he ran a red light through a busy intersection. It seemed like the light had been red for a while as traffic was moving across the intersection. When we ran the red light we were doing about 50 mph and were going too fast to stop by the time our driver was aware of the problem. We just missed hitting the side of one car as we barreled through the intersection and were within feet of hitting the next car. At that point crashing was a foregone conclusion. We knew we were going too fast to even swerve out of the way and had no space to brake. And the two of us in the back seat were going to be in deep trouble at impact as we were sitting on that elevated bench with no seat belts. My life was literally flashing before my eyes as I expected to be shot through the windshield at impact. And then right when we should have hit the car a few feet in front of us, the car vanished into thin air. As we immediately pulled over to safety I looked up the street to see if maybe I had blinked and the car we should have hit somehow accelerated out of the way. But as I glanced about ¼ mile up the street, there was no car in the lane where it should have been. It literally vanished into thin air when we should have plowed into the driver side door of the vehicle. And I know it vanished because I had my eyes open the whole time. What was really strange at that time was that I wasn't sure if that car disappeared or whether time stood still and we were somehow removed from harm’s way by something (kind of a beam me up Scotty moment). We were so close to hitting that car that there was no way we could have missed it. My parting feeling was that it felt like somehow 2 seconds was edited out of my life tape. And the part that was removed was where we hit the other car and got killed.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
476 posts

@cat-whispere,

Your story is pretty amazing. And the really cool thing is that event seemed to change your life for the better. It was like "message received.

@lucky-seven,

I really like your story that something/someone gave you a boost so that you could keep from drowning. Very cool. It seems like after that your life had more meaning. I felt that way as well.

All these stories are like chicken soup for the soul!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
708 posts
@hop-daddy it's funny how some people get saved...more than once. I had another incident where I was saved too. I was going to get in the shower before a thunderstorm got there but the neighbor was knocking at the door. While visiting with them, lightning struck the house and blew a huge hole in the shower. It appears that we are definitely here for a reason which makes me think about all of the talk on how us empaths are here to help raise the frequency of the collective. Or maybe the fact that we are destined on a certain spiritual path that we haven't achieved it yet (my experiences have definitely made me more spiritual).
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/11/16 06:02:09PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
708 posts
@cheshire-cat I pm you, didn't know if you get email notifications on pm's. Bless your heart and soul.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book