Has Anyone Had Ghosts Mimic The Voices of Loved Ones?

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

I have had a situation that has occurred about a half dozen times over the past year where I hear voices of people I know calling for me from across the house when they are not home. It always happens when I am alone at home and is usually in the morning as I shave and get ready for work. They are always calling me by name. Once it was my Dad. And then most recently it was my wife and another time my son calling for me. And each time no one else was home. It freaks me out as each time I immediately think that they must have been in a terrible accident. And then on a related note, I had a woman humming a song in my kitchen the other day. And no one was there. And while sitting in my daughter's room we months ago both heard a voice cackling down the hall that in a creepy way sounded like a man trying to imitate a girl laughing.

I did read on a medium website that sometimes one's angels will call you by name in trying to get your attention. But this voice deception doesn't seem like it's something anything good would do. I was wondering if any of you have encountered anything similar? 

updated by @hop-daddy: 07/02/17 10:13:18AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

I've had various spirits try to get my attention by calling my name, etc.

If you haven't yet replied to the voice(s) I'd recommend answering to find out why he/she/they are trying to contact you.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

Whenever I investigate and run over to the area of the voice, it gets quiet. But next time I will call back and see what happens. Thanks.

Angel
@angel
11 months ago
607 posts

Mimicking spirits can be a pain in the butt :( I had one that masked my voice during an EVP session and called me a b@tch. When I had my husband listen to it, he swore up and down it was me!  The voice was identical to mine. I'm like, "why would I call myself a b@tch?" But he swore up and down it was me until one morning he heard me calling him from the bathroom. He walked in and I wasn't there. Yet, he swore up and down I called him. He finally realized that a spirit was mimicking my voice.

I had another one who mimicked my son. We were in our bedroom, but the door was open and heard our 14 year old son at the doorway, yet our son was in his room playing his DS. The same spirit also mimicked our daughter a few hours later. 

I don't know why some spirits do this, I know the first one was demonic and reaked alot of havoc, but the second one felt more human and wasn't really a problem child, I just felt like it was trying to get our attention.

I would go with what you are feeling. If it doesn't feel good or safe, get rid of it.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
507 posts

It always creeps me out when it happens. So far I have just ignored it and nothing else really came of it.

Calla Lily
@calla-lily
11 months ago
11 posts

One day shortly after I'd moved into a new house three years ago, my teenage daughter was napping on the couch in the afternoon in the living room and she woke up because she heard 'my voice' like I was talking on the phone to someone and walking past her.  Then she realized I wasn't home yet.  We never figured out who or what that was but the people who owned the house I live in were the original owners and they both died in the house before I bought it.  If I had to guess, I'd think it was the lady.  I've often felt a mother-type figure around me here.  Not a nuisance and not doing bad things, but more supportive.  Why she would have mimicked my voice is a mystery.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
786 posts
Lol....there was a spirit trying to mimic my grandmother's voice...she passed away 2 years ago....and they kept trying to mimic her voice....which was something they could NEVER do as she has and italian accent which NO one can imitate....lol...so I told em to quit trying as it was such a BAD imitation and they couldn't carry it off at all....lol
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
507 posts

@karen2:

That's funny on your grandmother's voice. I guess you probably yelled out loud "nice try".

So what's your take on this phenomenon? A ghost talking to me at all would get my attention if that’s what they want. So why are they going to the trouble of imitating the voice of someone I know? It makes it extra creepy and immediately gives me feelings of distrusting their intentions.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
11 months ago
786 posts
My thot is they're trying to impress you....lol....I take everything in stride now....I always congratulate them for making such a strong effort as it takes a LOT of energy for them to do this....if something out of the ordinary happens or is happening usually they'll say come have a look or something....I go look...a door may be closed where it was once open...someone kept opening the door to my herb storage cabinet...I told em GREAT job....lol...it still freaks me out but I laugh at myself and enjoy the feeling that they like to impress me....lol...I think it's important for them to be acknowledged and I try to make it in a positive way...my fear is based on media...books...religion...and I had to take that out of everything in order to get to that point where it's ok to socialize with them and overcome fear of them...after all i'm gonna be one of em sometime soon....so why be afraid?...you can always just say....I know your there...you can just be yourself...no need to mimic anyone....be blunt about it...but calm and polite...and see where it goes....all this is a part of my life now...spirit is a majob part and I can't spend my life being afraid....it's not how I am...after th initial fear I gotta work thru it all so I can achieve understanding and not be afraid...and it's the same for them (spirit)...some of them are afraid too...and require time to adjust to their new state...so they seek out the living....and I understand that...if i can help I will....if I can't something will pop up sometime that will change the situation...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 01/04/17 03:40:15PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
11 months ago
867 posts

When it happens to me it's to get my attention because they want to tell me something, show me something, need my help, etc.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book