Telepathy - Hearing other people's thoughts

To post a reply, login or signup

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

When I was an older teenager/young adult, I used to hear a lot of people's thoughts! At times, this was entertaining and at other times, it was overwhelming and I would feel like I was going crazy.

I am now 36 years old and will sometimes hear people's thoughts, as well as some animals' thoughts. For awhile I completely blocked this ability out (before I realized that I am an empath and also realized that I have empathic abilities with animals) and am wondering if there is a way for me to re-access this ability. I would like to use it help more animals and help more people (I think that I am going in the direction of healing).

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you and lots of love:)

Equus Aquarius

updated by @equus-aquarius: 07/17/17 03:50:28AM
Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Thank you, Salansar:)

When you say "think externally", do you mean their emotional energy that I feel as an empath, and being able to identify what each specific emotion of theirs feels like?

Thank you for your help! Telepathy doesn't seem to get a lot of attention anywhere, does it?

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

If you talk about it in the general public then people might link it toschizophrenia. It is nice here. People don't think you are crazy because we are all a bit crazy and weird here to outsiders who don't understand. I can't help you with learning more in this area unfortunately. My telepathy is untrained and I wouldn't even know where to begin or if I would even want it to be stronger. It just happens and I don't always know when it is my thought or not. They all sound the same. If I am paying attention then I might notice, if I know how the other persons thinking differs from mine. I can send my thoughts at a person too. I have thought things at my husband and he will mention that topic or idea. So I suppose I have some control over sending but the receiving is more random.

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Hi Gin S,

I know what you mean about the general public - lol!!!! I made the mistake of mentioning this to a professor of psychology once and she looked at me like she was thinking about calling the men in white coats!

Like you, I have some control over my sending but the receiving is difficult; it just happens! Most of the time it is really soft and hard for me to differentiate, too.

Sometimes, it will be a little louder and sometimes it will be in other voices (the voice of the sender).

When I was a teenager, it was often very easy to differentiate because it was often almost as loud as someone talking externally to me and was in the sender's voice. I used to hear some really funny things.

Just to make you laugh: I used to work out at a gym when my telepathy was in hyper mode and I would walk past these super-buff guys and hear the funniest things! One time I heard one guy who was standing in line behind another guy waiting to use a weight machine and I heard his thought, "aww! You reek! What did you have for breakfast, a sausage biscuit?"

I then saw him take a little step back and wrinkle his nose!

At other times though, since I had no idea how to control it, it would drive me crazy and I guess somehow I almost completely shut it down because I thought that I was going crazy!

I just wish I could learn how to control it and use it in a positive and constructive way.

Thank you for input and sharing your experience; it's good to know that I'm not alone:)

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

Oh no you are not alone. I only talk about my crazies here and to my husband. The medicos would have a field day with me. Telepathy, claircognizance, empath, hsp, oh and whatever they call it when you can feel other people's sickness and injuries. The latter is a fun one I tell you. I don't even go to the doctor anymore because most of the time it is not my illness I feel and they think I am a hypochondriac. How do you explain that to the doctors? Well sir it must be my neighbour's broken leg I'm feeling, sorry to bother you, lol.

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

No, you're not bothering me at all:) I get the medical one, too, and I made the mistake of thinking that my acupuncturist might understand/be more open when I told him that my sciatica was related to some neurological pain that my pony is experiencing, that I had found through putting my hands on him!

I'm glad to hear that your husband is supportive. That makes a big difference and makes life a lot easier:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Gosh Gin,

I am so sorry. I've known you a long while and did not know you are picking up on my illness whenever we communicate. Maybe you are being kind to not mention it, but I do not want you to have to feel as awful as I do ever! It must be really hard to handle my energy. Is there some way you can shut that off when communicating back and forth with someone seriously ill like me?

Feeling guilty,

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Equus,

I can easily read senders, but cannot read receivers like me. I can't describe how I do it, but it starts with a queasy feeling in my gut, like I want to run away, which usually indicates I'm being lied to. I focus on their forehead, and I then see a clear picture of the truth unfold in my mind's eye.

I have lots of trouble dealing with this. It has made me not like most of humanity and I isolate myself a lot. I really, really like the small number of people who don't lie to me and am a fiercely loyal friend, but loving the rest is a challenge I've not mastered yet, and yes, I know we are all one, but I am not feeling it and I admit it.

Shielding has not stopped this from happening. It does protect me from the really bad ones wanting to seek me out, or at least it seems to, but that is all.

Unlike you and Gin, I am not able to project feelings onto others, but I receive really easily, and sometimes will go on alert to someone way across a long expanse, like in a grocery store. I suddenly know that person is psychotic, for example. My former profession was in the mental health field, so maybe that knowledge has somehow combined with my empathy to produce this ability.

I don't know if this may help you or not, but I saw a famous psychic on TV once who always wore cute hats when out in public. She said it blocked her from picking up other people's thoughts and feelings by covering her crown chakra.

I live a couple hours south of you, so I know wearing a hat all the time sounds too HOT down here, but it will keep your face from getting sunburned at least, lol. Worth a try.

Cheshire Cat

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Thanks, Cheshire:)

Wow! I wish I could express more than just this absurd statement, but I am absolutely overwhelmed right now-not in a bad way-I mean about the lie detector aspect of what you experience! Once I am able to sort through the emotions a little better and organize my thoughts, I will write more back-I'm just literally sitting here with my mouth open wide - I feel that we have just connected very deeply on this and I want to take some time and think about my response before I write back about this...

Also I worked in mental health at one point, too! I couldn't take it, especially working on the child and adolescent unit but stuck it out for 1 year. It sounds like that skill you developed was a necessary adaptation!

I'll try the hat idea when I go out in public and see if that helps! I did not know that covering your crown chakra up with a hat could work as a barrier:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

I did not know that about hats either until I saw this on TV, and frankly, I can't see how it would work, since it is a physical answer to a metaphysical problem.

This woman was amazing enough to get her own TV show for two seasons though, and it was a great show to watch, so she either knew what she was talking about, or was a great actress, lol.

I did not pick up lying from her, but I do not do nearly as well at it when I am not face to face with a live person, which is why I like to practice on the picture readings here. Also, she is a receiver, and their shields tend to keep me out pretty well.

Cheshire Cat

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

No, no it doesn't work like that so much. I don't think I am picking up on your illness but who knows. Most of the time I don't get to find out who it is from but once in a while someone tells me and I can link it. It isn't when I am talking to someone, it just shows up randomly as far as I can tell. It could be my healer side but I'm not sure that there is much info out there about this kind of thing yet. I don't even know what to call it. But it is usually things that I don't know about people that I pick up rather then the issues I do know about. Possibly a form of clairsenience, clear feeling? No, I would absolutely not like to be in your shoes but I don't like to see you in them either. I do wish I could spare you all of it.

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

The hat idea might work on a mental level. If you put the hat on with the intention that it will block it would aid the mind in creating that. It could help in that you have a physical object that you can feel and see to remind you to keep that shield up.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Gin,

Sounds like the best thing I should do is make sure I tell you about my symptoms, since you only pick up on stuff you don't know about. Normally, I shut up a lot, since nobody likes an organ recital, lol. Good tip, thanks.

C.Cat

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Hi, Everyone:) I just thought I would add something kinda funny and unexpected that I experienced today on the subject of telepathy, but it wasanimal telepathy:

I was riding my horse and my husband was walking my dog at the same time really early this morning past a tree with a bunch of squirrels on it, and nobody else was outside. Out of nowhere, I heard this low, little booming voice say, "uh oh!", and I am thinking that it came from one of the squirrels running up the tree when he (I guess) saw my dog, who loves nothing more than chasing squirrels! ~LOL!

EA

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book