New Group Contineued/Other Common Traits

To post a reply, login or signup

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I have noticed through conversations on here that many of us have more common traits than we find on typical empath websites. There was enough interest to make an attempt at creating a thread about it on here. The groups section is closed to new groups so it was suggested we do it in here.

So it you have traits or things that happen and find that others seem to have similar things going on please add it to here. We are looking for traits not normally mentioned on typical websites. My first post will give a good format that we can look at and relate to.

Feel free to add any you can think of.

Dan : )

updated by @inlanddan: 10/18/17 06:44:01PM
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Health/Trauma

I have noticed on here that most of us seem to have some kind of health issues or have had some kind of trauma that may have triggered our empathy. I have seen it discussed somewhat before but if we all try to remember back when your empath abilities started, was there a health issue or trauma that may have coincided at or near the same time.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Angel, yes that does seem so. If you know of any other things that you have noticed you have in common that are not normal traits please add them.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi, I know I had pneumonia when I was 5 months and came close to death. I also had a whole lot of other trauma my whole life. Now I have many health issues too. I have always had these abilities since I can remember.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Bi Polar/ADD/ADHD

Thank you Door, you reminded me that these are other other thing I have noticed a lot of people that are empaths seem to mention. How about these traits anyone.

I know I was treated for hyperactivity as a child and always even now Have a hard time focusing. My theory has been that I have so many distractions in my head all the time I have a tough time focusing.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Dyslexia

This was another I was wondering about too.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

I sustained a fairly substantial electrical shock when I was about four years old or so, and it seems that was a kind of beginning for my extra soul activity. As I got older all the way up through my teen's I suffered from mild to moderate depression, but that seemed to suppress my abilities more than enhance them. And it wasn't until my late thirties that I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

I still haveunusual experiences but no where near what I experienced as a child. However, my understanding of all of this has grown exponentially over the last ten years with a huge leap coming after I found this site. It's kind of like the universe showed me what was possible as a kid and then created my pathway tolearning how that was all possible as I aged. It was kind of like having the climaxat the very beginning of the story and the journey of discovery of,Why?, afterwards.And obviously, I'm still very much on that journey!

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Orangeradiance, I am not really sure how you would define sharpening? I know my whole lifeI have been able to see spirits , I could feel the pain of others and so on. When I was still a young male I was not suppose to feel these things and show emotions and it was beat into me daily. I was resourceful and found an escape through the world of drugs and alcohol at a very young age.

Although I knew I was different all along I hid from it till I was about 30 when I got clean and sober. Since then I have really blossomed as an empath. So I have to wonder how much age has to do with sharpening the skills as much as circumstances?

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Orangeradiance, Those are all really good additions. Some that I have actually thought of too. Thank you for your input.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi DoorMA, I want to thank you for teaching me a new word. I had never heard ofsynesthesia prior to your post so I had to go look it up. I must admit it does not apply to me are all. I have a friend of mine who's son (8) is also my friend and autistic. I am pretty sure that this does apply to him though. He isextremelysmart when it comes to certain things and one of them is sounds and the colors associated with them. I actually find it quitefascinatingand it just seems just natural and automatic to him. Thank you again for sharing.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

This is a good overall list here!

For me I would say that I have always fought the items listed and because of the way I was raised it was not a hard decision to please and do what others determined was good for me. I have always wondered.. why am I different? Why me? Once you stop fighting these questions they become.. WHAT do I do with this? I have been here on EC almost two years now. All because of a random search after a dear friend called me out... "Your'e an empath!". It was astounding at the time.. and a flood of emotion just poured through me. What a jolt to the system.

Medically I have not been diagnosed with anything despite a search for the why.. the best I can recall there is a nervous disorder in the family that was just something delt with .. it was never mentioned really. I have also always learned backwards. It has made it difficult to learn concepts that come easy to others.. once I learn it though.. I know it backwards and forwards. Sometimes I don't have a way to communicate into words what I know.. what is truth to me.. why I did this or that. I find it hard to explain without simply showing. It seems to be a bit of a logo in my life.. don't tell me... show me.

Blessings be yours,

Candice

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

I recognize 7 of the 13. I have a thing with cats and have been able to tame wild ones. I also have had emu's and giraffe's follow me at the zoo :)

Career wise, I teach psychology. I've always been attracted to the paranormal. I think maybe too after reading everyone's posts - a lot of people seem attracted and respectful of nature in all it's forms.

Thought Provoking :)

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Some of what has been said really resonates with me and down of it doesn't. This has happened a lot since joining this community. I still feel as though I am with like minded people but I don't understand why some of my experiences have been so different. I've never had a NDE. I've always been this way. My parents tell me stories of when I was little and I've always been so sensitive and gentle. My mom jokes that I was such an easy baby she never would have had my siblings if she knew not all kids were like me ( this is joking of course, my brother, sister, and I are the reason my mother lives and breathes. She loves us all dearly). But I was different and I always have been. My parents have always said I've never been a normal kid when referring to my gentle and kind nature. I also don't have many of the physical and mental illnesses typical to empaths. I do have acid reflux disease ( been diagnosed since 7th grade) and it was thought I may have dysthymia but it was never determined for sure. And then the real kicker is I haven't suffered much from my gift as most people here have. Sometimes this makes me doubt if I really am an empath, but there really is no other explanation for the things I know and feel from other people and animals. Sorry if this was off topic. I've just felt all of this since coming here and this seemed like the perfect thread to share it with.
4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

MaeMae,

I have physical problems that cause fatigue, but also when I'm around lots of people- they completely drain me. After I teach a class I almost have to crawl out of the room. Shielding helps :)

I used to cry when I would see dead animals on the side of the road - we lived in a rural area. Man, I'm feeling sorry for the monkey too after reading your post :)

Sending peace and light,

4peace

snarly
@snarly
3 years ago
23 posts

im thinking now it must be an endless well something new pops up or happens every now and then all the best snarly ps i think a chain of common gifts or abilities is something i would sure like to have a look at.

snarly
@snarly
3 years ago
23 posts

lol i agree my friend was mean to a kitten i could feel how upset it was i climbed under the kitchen table with it we then watched a movie on the couch well i did cat beside me and that cat became inseparable. just cant take it when a animal is sad. we don't need words to communicate with animals do we

snarly
@snarly
3 years ago
23 posts

my daughter is or was she is 21 now and out of it she may be empath but hasn't excepted it yet and i dont push. i was just a little misfit who got bullied and kept to himself. i was a strange boy lmao.

YoungStar
@youngstar
2 years ago
8 posts

I h

ave always had that undercover superhero feeling in my life and have recently discovered its called being an empath : ) .. thankfully i grew up in a spiritual home and realized certain abilities early on, but i have also discovered new abilities that ive only seen one other person discuss.. and that is at night before im about to fall asleep i start to hear people talking, its like someone is changing the radio station quickly....sometimes the people are loud and it wakes me up! A few times ive heard different languages, thought that was neat! I feel like it might be like channeling but i dont know how to control it. Has anyone else experianced this?

PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
I recognize a lot of these- especially knowing how people will react to what you say- if anyone else has this, I'd love to get in touch.
PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
Yeah, I've always been an Empath to the best of my knowledge. However, my parents got divorced when I was five so that may have helped my empathy along a little bit.
PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
One common trait I've noticed is having one specific emotion you are sensitive to or feel more strongly- anyone else?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book