3 years ago
1,185 posts

I am getting:

The Great Depression

Mischievous and likes attention

Okie

makes music...banjo?

from a big family

That's all for now, except that whoever cut his hair must have been drunk, lol! ;-)

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

This picture was when he was a little older. The next one he will be younger.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I suppose it would be appropriate to give a little heads up for the new people on here what the Psychic Experiment is; this is a for fun exercise for everyone. Once a week someone posts a photo of a non living person in here. What you do is try to read the person to figure out who it is. This is not a competition or anything like that. It is just for fun. So please everyone join in and enjoy.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi GirlOnFire, welcome. Oh I for to mention the reveal will be on Sunday. Keep coming back and adding. More will come help. We seem to feed on each others feeling too.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I just gotta say biology professor. He seems friendly and playful. Not vain at all by the looks of his hair. Is that a cowlick? I have one of those!

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I woke up this morning thinking 1920 (before I saw this dude)

Definately cigarettes and alcohol

Gambling

Wharves/Ports/Docks

Surrrounded by crooks and criminals

Died young (40s)

Guns

Deaths

Shot or hanged

Possibly a wife and child (but behind the scenes)

A name came to me when I was looking at him.

If youWiki "Squizzy Taylor" that is the vibe I'm getting.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Ecila,

Got you beat. I have 3 cowlicks, lol. Dontcha just love 'em (not)?

I see Val and Kat think he's German. Do you mean that he lives in Germany? Maybe of German background, but I think he lived here. Guess we'll see. I'm often wrong, as you know.

Agree with surrounded by crooks, Robin. Love the name you got. Squizzy would make a great name for a cat.....

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Looking again this morning I am getting:

wife beating

Jekyl and Hyde personality....one face in public, another in private

Hick or hillbilly, except his dress is at odds with that, so that must be wrong

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi, I am going to put up another picture now. This is when he was younger.

801_discussions.jpg

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. those glasses don't look real. they look like they've been painted on. wtf. Are we being bullcrapped? :)

okays, well then...

born into money - but lost it

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

LOL Nope no bull-crap involved. This is actually taken during the time he was noted for. These were the glasses of the day. I actually want some just like them.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

What a difference!

In the younger picture he looks like an accountant.

By comparison, his eyes look a bit psychotic in the older picture.

Looks like a sweet kid, but I am feeling a hard toughness inside.

KKK maybe, or some kind of fiery preacher

Too confused to post more now.

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

You are getting some better reads on this picture. Not saying all is correct. For someone that "isn't good at this" your doing pretty good really. I think he was tired in the other picture.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I wonder if he was law enforcement? And was then either 1/ an undercover detective (which they probably didn't even have back then) or 2/a cop turned bad?

I really don't think I am going to be able to do this one... He looks like that TV actor in the younger photo. You know that TV show that has young geeks in it? The boyfriend of thedopey blonde?

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Wow Robin, I shouldn't censor myself. After I got accountant, I also got detective but didn't post that, because it seemed so opposite of what I got on the first picture. I think you may be onto something there. What I actually heard in my head was "Like Elliot Ness".

I don't think he looks like Leonard....Leonard may be short, but is much better looking than this guy is, enough so that he and Kayley actually had a real affair for two years while filming the show. I also love Big Bang Theory. Our guy does have a nerdy look though, that's for sure.

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks, I can always use encouragement. :-)

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I am going to give a hint to clear things up a little, I have not found anything on him referring to alcohol not to say he may not been a heavy drinker. There is no record of it I could find.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I'm gonna have to sit the rest of this out. Had a car accident yesterday and need to focus on some things. If nobody else has one for 22, I have a pretty good one.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Ok, sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is good.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Thanks. Just hit my head really hard. . . and the car.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Keep going you are all starting to pick up on things now. I think I should have posted the second picture first. My Bad! LOL

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

ouch... take care of yourself Ecilia

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I love hearing kids insights - welcome Natasha (if you are a newbie) :)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

The question is, what happened in between those two phots?

Was he incarcerated?

Was he falsely accused of a crime?

Was he exonerated?

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

There is a second picture on page 2 I think. It was from when he was younger and the period he was most noted for.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Very good questions.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

She is just new to the experiment. I love having kids input too.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Being Gay would have been a no-no back then, if he was Gay?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

welcome Binger. Keep coming back and adding things as you feel them. :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Binger and welcome to the Psychic Experiment. Did you notice the second picture just down on this page too?

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

No, try and pick up on him. Try and focus on the picture and use your abilities to get things.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Silence. Okie dokie, strike Gay then.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

LOL

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

James/Jim

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I'm not so far.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

No weird stuff so far with my PMs and posts except that I don't get notified of them until many hours after they are posted.

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Not form me though, I am always up late. LOL

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Just to let you all know, you most all of you going in the right direction on a lot of things now. Keep it going:)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

VERY Interesting......................

Remember I was having trouble with Freida, and Cat was having trouble with Kubler-Ross?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Oh, you're ok Julie. I know we are on different times:) I actually think I dreamt who he was last night, but forgot by this morning. Useless. :) Something more pressing I had to remember with one of my friends (unpleasant dream) took precedence. This is just a abit of funafterall. :)

His name perhaps isn't Jim or James but it might be John?

I think he was the FIRST person to do something.

Notorious for being the FIRST.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Dan can you please go back and read our posts and put a smiley face when we have got hits? :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Yes I can, mind you that it won't mean you got everything on the post though.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

:|

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

:)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

:))

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

OK

:| mean's a little.

:) mean's on track.

:))mean's a pretty good hit.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I like your post Leigh. Please keep giving us input as you get it.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

thanks Dan. that's better.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Now that Dan is giving some validation to our hits it might be easier to head in the right direction. It looks like you are doing very well Julie. You are really good at this. We probably should try and summarise shortly?

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

You have been doing fantastic too Robin. Both of you.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

So you didn't give Ecilia the :)) but you gave it to Julie, which means he is not a professor, but he definately is some kind of monster!!!

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Dan is heading to the Lake this weekend with his son and two youngest grand-kids. Sledding and all that for the 3 day weekend. I am going to try and keep up although the only way is my son's phone. We will be out in the boonies. LOL

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Re: the "mouthwash"

first speakeasy?

first bootlegger to go on trial after prohibition?

I am not picking these up. These are just logical guesses based on the :)) Julie got for her "mouthwash'.

He seems much less serious in the 2nd picture, almost as if he thinks everything is a joke now, but he was just the opposite when younger. What would cause that to happen to someone?

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I tried to add them all to the relevant post some didn't hit as a reply. Actually that was for Julie's post as well as Ecilia's.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

She is picking up on an smell LIKE "mouthwash".

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Thanks, Dan.

Obviously, liquor, as in a bootlegger, is a smell like mouthwash, which is what I meant. Sorry if that was not clear.

I got an idea of who it was and looked up pictures of him, and got excited when I found pictures where he looked exactly like the younger picture including those glasses, but he looked nothing like your older picture as he aged, so I am wrong. Back to the drawing board.

Hmm...if he's a monster...what about ether or chloroform?

C. Cat

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I am not getting the German thing either, but I don't usually get things like that. It's a shame JenP isn't here. She would probably know?

Obviously he had his chosen career that he was doing well in. We can't rule out medical Doctor either? He must have made a name for himself in this chosen field.

But then it all went ballsup!

A big documented Court case.

What was the trial?

Murder? If so, who and why? Didn't you say away back something about doing experiments on people?

Maybe this is where the smell like MOUTHWASH comes in?

Perhaps it was some other 'chemical' like ETHER or something along those lines? And maybe he killed people with it?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Oh Cat, I just noticed your Chloroform. I just posted on the next page (in response to Julie)the word Ether. I don't really know much about these sorts of chemicals. But maybe that is a direction for us to head in?

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

I understand what you are saying.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

For both of you :)) on some stuff, keep up with your feelings, so far you are missing a big thing attached to this. I am trying to send you all a little bit of what it is about. Once you hit on it I think you will find him.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

:)))

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

You are 100% correct, I will let you post it though!

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Everyone I think hit on somethings. I am not sure of his ethnicity but Scopes could be German.

"OK here is the reveal. Our person is John T Scopes hewas ateacherinDayton, Tennessee, who was charged on May 5, 1925 for violatingTennessee'sButler Act, which prohibited the teaching ofevolutionin Tennessee schools. He was tried in a case known as theScopes Trial.

http://www.biography.com/people/john-scopes-17183774

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Scopes

The case ended on July 21, 1925, with aguiltyverdict, and Scopes was fined 100 dollars. The case was appealed to theTennessee Supreme Court. In a 3-1 decision written by Chief JusticeGrafton Greenthe Butler Act was held to beconstitutional, but the court overturned Scopes's conviction on atechnicality: the judge had set the fine instead of the jury. The Butler Act remained until May 18, 1967, when it was repealed by theTennessee legislature.

Scopes may have actually been innocent of the crime to which his name is inexorably linked. After the trial Scopes admitted to reporterWilliam Kinsey Hutchinson"I didn't violate the law," (DeCamp p.435) explaining that he had skipped the evolution lesson, and that his lawyers had coached his students to go on the stand; the Dayton businessmen had assumed he had violated the law. Hutchinson did not file his story until after the Scopes appeal was decided in 1927."

Scopes was born and raised on a farm inPaducah, KentuckyHence the Hick or Hillbilly connection. It was the 1920s. Also the banjo was popular in the day.

He was a science teacher hence the alcohol smell most likely added to the fact the name Scopes could be the mouthwash connection.

This took place in the 20s and his life spanned into The Great Depression.

Rob and Julie had good hits, Was he incarcerated? Was he falsely accused of a crime? Was he exonerated? Order in the court. All right on target. John

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

I did post his info, there was nothing about any children I could find.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Also, he was represented by one of the mostfamous lawyersof the time,Clarence Darrow.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Oh rats! I could kick myself! About 4 hours ago I Googled "the first person to teach Darwinism" and his name did NOT come up. If I had used the word evolution instead of Darwinism, I bet I would have gotten it. Oh well. I am very glad Julie got it and that I was at least on the right track, after I saw that my first guess was wrong.

Now you can have a nice time in the boonies with your grandkids, Dan, and not worry about whether you can get a phone connection. :-)

C. Cat

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

That's awesome, I didn't see that:)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Thanks, part of the reason I love it up the at the cavin (cabin) as my grandson calls it is the isolation. Especially this time of the year. It gets pretty crowded up there in the summer. I am going to try and use this trip for some healing.

Actually I thought you did really good, right away you picked up on the hick hillbilly thing.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Another one!Fantastic! It's a bit of a buzz Julie, isn't it? I go off and do a few things, and a few hours later come back to a reveal.Brilliant ...So excited. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubler-Ross isn't cheering from the sidelines as well. :)

Beautiful job everyone involved :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Robin, as well as yourself, you did great too!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

It just occurred to me that we are not just using only our psychic abilities to solve these. We are using the intuitive right sides of our brains to come up with the clues, but then we are using the left, deductive reasoning side to make up lists and guess logical solutions. Kind of like a cross between a psychic and Sherlock Holmes, lol.

C. Cat

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

First thing I got was "need for speed". Then I saw a big machine that seemed to have some kind of blade-thingy's on top of it. I felt it had something to do with farming. I also feel Russian or Eastern European. What an intense gaze this man has. I feel like his eyes will help me somehow....

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

Good distinction Cat. I definitely get American with some kind of Russian/Eastern European connection. Gotta love the hair...

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

I think the glasses are "throwing me" b/c in looking at this I get the feeling of a writer now. I didn't get that at all with the first photo. The first word that came to me was "manifesto". This guy's tricky!

moon
@moon
3 years ago
73 posts

Wow. Way off me.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi moon and adorable pooch,

Julie actually solved this one yesterday! The reveal is near the end.....not sure what page, but either the last or next to last page. You are right that he is American. If you haven't read all the posts leading up to the solve, it might be interesting to do so, if you have time. The process of getting there is sometimes as interesting as the solve. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi again moon,

Sorry I just posted, telling you the reveal was done. I wish all posts were in chronological order here, like on every other forum I've ever seen. It gets very confusing. After reading your first post, way back near the beginning,I did not know that you now knew it had been solved, so I went looking so I could let you know what page the reveal was on, and found the post showing that you do know it's been solved. So, just ignore my previous post. Sorry. ;-)

C. Cat

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

#22 is up . . .early!

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Hi SnakeMedicine. Good to see you back. This one (#21) has been SOLVED! So was the previous one! So when you are not tired, have a look at #22. We need your input.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book